SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
author=Darken
i'm in
(...)

I love the usage of animations here. Some RPG Maker users tend to underestimate how much animations help make the game's world come alive.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Gretgor
Darken
i'm in
(...)
I love the usage of animations here. Some RPG Maker users tend to underestimate how much animations help make the game's world come alive.

of anybody here i'm not sure darken is unaware of this lol
Gretgor
author=Craze
of anybody here i'm not sure darken is unaware of this lol

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. His/her/their animations are good, whereas some other people (myself included) tend to ignore the importance of animation.

I'm slowly learning about the importance of animation in games from some game design videos I've been watching, and now I'm trying to learn how to make better animations. Not sure where to start, though, as most animation tutorials tend to focus on specific softwares and stuff.

But yeah, I'm aware Darken's animations are good! :)
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
rtp caves (with edits) from jamie xd

@Deckiller: Not a fan off the super square cliffs of the rtp, but looks really nice despite that.

Here's something I've been working with on and off when I need a break from my main project. It's getting pretty close to finished, just a few more levels and cutscenes.

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I will never get tired of seeing you post more Grimps, Momeka
author=Lihinel
ellenor: Nice, I like the style, is it all custom art?

Yes, all the art is made by me ^^
Gretgor
author=Momeka
Here's something I've been working with on and off when I need a break from my main project. It's getting pretty close to finished, just a few more levels and cutscenes.

(...)

I love Grimps, is this gonna be like, a tactical thing on the Grimps universe, or is it gonna be more or less the same spirit as the previous games?
Did some more work on Bounty Angel 2.

Made a new starfighter model, gave it some animations, and now they can sometimes use missiles. Still have a lot of stuff I want to replace and redo, but I'm happy with how things are starting to come together now.

The battle starts at around 0:40.

author=Gretgor
I love Grimps, is this gonna be like, a tactical thing on the Grimps universe, or is it gonna be more or less the same spirit as the previous games?

At it's core it's still a block pushing puzzle game. But I switched out and changed a lot of mechanics around that. So I'm hoping it will feel a bit more fresh!

Projectiles and things interacting with them is a pretty big part of the new puzzles:

@Sidewinder:
Dang, Side! That looks so good. All the animations are top notch. Are you doing all the 3D?
author=Momeka
Dang, Side! That looks so good. All the animations are top notch. Are you doing all the 3D?

Thanks man. Your stuff is awesome too. The amount of personality you managed to cram into that penguin is insane.

And, for the most part, yes. The only thing I didn't model in that scene is the enemy pilot, but I do plan on replacing him eventually.
Gretgor
author=Sidewinder
Did some more work on Bounty Angel 2.

Made a new starfighter model, gave it some animations, and now they can sometimes use missiles. Still have a lot of stuff I want to replace and redo, but I'm happy with how things are starting to come together now.

The battle starts at around 0:40.

(...)

Epic!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Lots of RTP edits for this one...

author=Gretgor
Epic!

Thanks, Gretgor. I do plan on getting rid of that radio filter, and possibly adding in subtitles later, so hopefully everything should be easier to understand once I get the next version.

author=Deckiller

Looks pretty nice. I don't use MZ, so I'm not sure what you edited, but I like how the building looks. Very posh.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That's incredibly designed, Deckiller!

@Sidewinder- I've always loved your style, keep it up!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Thanks, guys :) Here's an updated, higher-res version.

...I don't mean to derail but I was skimming through the forums and just saw this today:
author=Momeka

I have a feeling in my gut 2021 is gonna be a good year.
We are one frame short of a disco dancing grimp.
Gretgor
author=Deckiller
Thanks, guys :) Here's an updated, higher-res version.
~(...)

Gotta have the secret chests to reward people who like to poke around! I love this kind of stuff.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Yeah Gretgor :D not sure if the final version will be like that, but I always try to stuff the nooks and crannies with little crumbs.

Kolmesartan Goddess Shrine:

And I added the statues to the roof:

author=Deckiller

I am generally a hard sell on the RTP style and you always make it look amazing.