SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Thanks for the kind words :D
It's been quite a while since I've posted in this thread.

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
The lighting effects really bring out that map. Very cinematic.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Great as usual.
I should do some mapping just to post pictures here.
Looks fantastic, Dethmetal! You've come such a long way in terms of mapping atmosphere, lighting, and the works. :D

No new screens from me today, but here's a battle animation we just completed!

The battle animation looks great. Animating tiny sprites is insanely hard. I've always had tons of trouble with that. It's so hard to demonstrate smooth and clear movement when the character's arm is like four pixels long.
One of the things that I've learned over the years of drawing some pixel art, is that, to animate very small movements with very small resolution, you have to use color instead of form. Changing the color of a single pixel in a 24x32 character's arm will give the illusion that a small part of it moved.

I think you can see this in, say, Final Fantasy IV, when characters cast spells. Their hands change color, but it looks like they're moving or twitching.
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
@Blind: that animation is sweet. I love the sword swooshing effect, whatever it's called.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
DAMN dethmetal that's looking GOOD

@blind love the strong poses here and the slight wait in the air. Good stuff!! :D :D

I'm currently working on the final dungeon of the first chapter of my RPG. It's coming along pretty well! I've been developing some aesthetic stylings for the area so that cooler dungeon gameplay ideas can come out, and so far it's goin' real well. Check it!

(please ignore the watermark i had to crudely resize this gif to fit)
Been a long time coming for this. Finally got around to editing some character portraits/busts.

author=Giznads
Been a long time coming for this. Finally got around to editing some character portraits/busts.

Those are some clean ass busts man! I love the watercolor look, it meshes in really well with the grittiness of the game :D your screenshots never disappoint! Also, that background in the second shot is beautiful!
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
author=Giznads

Got an 80s sci-fi anime vibe here. Is that what you were going for? It looks good.
author=KoopaKush
author=Giznads
Dang those busts are so clean. Reminds me of Garou: Mark of the Wolves and some other SNK fighters
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill

granny skull likes her flowers!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I LOVE GRANNY SKULL!!!!!
@Giznads Very gritty, I like it.

@Topic:
Overhauled my titlescreen and header:
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
momeka god knows how you pull this shit off but damn you pull this shit off
Page is finally back up!
Brand new screenshots and descriptions, etc.

NIHILO -- https://rpgmaker.net/games/5796/

If you've been interested in the game from my screenshots here, please consider subscribing!
Thanks for all of your feedback over my past posts!

Working on Chapter 2 of the game now, focusing primarily on outside of the mansion and the woods that follow.
I aim to introduce something new each chapter as this one will focus more on exploration, new weapons, new enemies, and horde groups!