SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

author=dethmetal
Ikoru, that looks very intriguing. Is that claymation? It kind of looks like it.

Yup, it is. I wanted my game to stand out visually. Althrough I'm not sure if it was worth the time, it's been a lot of work.
author=CashmereCat
(Basically putting together scripts to try and make a coherent sidescrolling life sim tee hee)

Cash, this is so rad!
What engine are you using again?
Here's my updates to the starting map of my game. I have the large area in the middle due to needing space for events that happen later in the game. Mapping is my weakest area, so any tips to help me improve further are always welcome!

@Ryuzaki78
Damn, for mapping being your greatest weakness, this isnĀ“t bad at all dude :) I get a nice natural zelda vibe from the environments and layout. There are some areas that look barren and too open in my opinion, you could always spruce up maps with other things you would find in this area.

Maybe like some birds, animals, tree logs, lilypads, fish, you know that kind of stuff. the cliffs and mountains look pretty good, but I think the grass areas surrounding the water are a little too lined and flat looking, try and add variation to it instead of straight lines, maybe like it extending more outwards and the water coming a bit more inwards if that makes any sense XD good job so far though!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=TheNecromancer

YOOOOO HOLY SHIT

author=Ryuzaki78
Here's my updates to the starting map of my game. I have the large area in the middle due to needing space for events that happen later in the game. Mapping is my weakest area, so any tips to help me improve further are always welcome!

I agree with KoopaKush, this isn't bad at all! Especially if you're still fairly new to rpg maker, a lot of us were way worse when we were first starting out. Only thing in that image that kinda bothers me is how blocky the edges of land where it meets the river are, but that's more to blame on the tileset than on you.
Redid the hyperspace animations for Bounty Angel 2. Open to any feedback:

author=Sidewinder

I love the animations, so following really is nitpicking:
  • It would be awesome if you could choose, if the hyperspace view is from the cockpit or external. With the shown video of the ship, it kinda breaks the immersion of your well designed cockpit. :)

Some sci-fi pixel animations:
Also gonna showcase a short 30sec video here, as I have been animating some sci-fi scenes and machines,
for my current project, in the last 2 1/2 days.

It shows a "S.E.C.-Mecha-Shell" rampage and a complex "M.E.C.S.U.I.T. fitting station:

Happy for feedback and comments :)
author=MaisterRabbit
I love the animations, so following really is nitpicking:
  • It would be awesome if you could choose, if the hyperspace view is from the cockpit or external. With the shown video of the ship, it kinda breaks the immersion of your well designed cockpit. :)

It might be something worth considering. The only problem is that I'm not sure how I'd make the jump to hyperspace effect work while inside the ship.

author=MaisterRabbit
Some sci-fi pixel animations:Also gonna showcase a short 30sec video here, as I have been animating some sci-fi scenes and machines,
for my current project, in the last 2 1/2 days.

It shows a "S.E.C.-Mecha-Shell" rampage and a complex "M.E.C.S.U.I.T. fitting station:

Happy for feedback and comments :)

These are pretty high quality. The bodies falling over is especially impressive.

A first person dungeon crawler I am making in Blitz3D
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Some gifs from my floppy game, Unchained. It's posted on the event page, but I do plan on polishing it some more in the coming days by adding a couple optional areas, some rewritten/expanded cutscenes, etc. Needs more work to be good but it's a start.

Some new screenies from my project. Quick Game mode is ready and features 8 different enemies with their own background an music theme. Highscore list and main menu is also implemented. I'll make the story mode later on. I could think of a small demo in the near future to let you guys test out the Quick Game mode at least.

author=grindalf

Looks great, man.

author=Tw0Face

I've only ever seen a tetris game in RM once before. That's pretty impressive.
First prototype screenshot since we changed to 2.5D
@grindalf - Looks awesome. Blitz3D is such an old name. Can't believe it's still around.

@Deckiller - I love the screen shake in the lava came. It adds so much to the atmosphere. At the same time, I also hate the screen shake. It would totally give me a headache.

@Tw0Face - I assume that's Puyo Puyo? That seems like an interesting game to program the AI for. Do they actually setup chains?

@ellenor - Always love the pixel art from your screenshots.
author=Ramshackin
Blitz3D is such an old name. Can't believe it's still around.

I know what you mean but its still surprisingly consistent and reliable so I see no reason to stop using it
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Sidewinder

My main nitpick here is the engines seem to be off. There is no glow coming from the back that would suggest that they are burning engines, it distracts me from an otherwise pretty good looking hyperspace animation.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate

pew pew pew!

Edit: found better FSM monster variants for palette swapping in the database, and tweaked the battle background text.
author=ellenor
First prototype screenshot since we changed to 2.5D
***picture***

Is that game being released for PlayStation? Because if not you should replace the button icons for ones that are not platform specific.

Aside from that the art looks cool!