SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Sorry, I realised I stuck this in the wrong place by accident. Front page of a six character custom menu system for an RPG Maker 2003 project I started earlier this week. Haven't created the loop to pull the other characters' stats yet, so they're all just displaying the first character's right now. But otherwise done I think, and moving on to items.

Burned out on my last two projects years ago due to making all the assets myself, but I found myself feeling really nostalgic for RPG Maker this month, so I decided I'd lean into the RTP to ease some of the workload, editing and working with what's there instead of creating everything from scratch. Having loads of fun and making lots of progress so far, and it feels like a nice throwback to my teenage RTP projects in 2000.

Had some complaints about one of the dungeons in FS being overly long, so hopefully my addition of a way to get over to the other side of it quickly helps out with that.
Now I'm making the map for university area but i don't understand how to make it can someone please help me, this is a simple i made of the map the three building at the corner in the university I'm also thinking of adding middle school, high school, and kindergarten in this area

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
The map itself looks fine, but doesn't really give the impression of being a university.

You don't really tend to get university campuses that are just a couple buildings in a city. There will usually be gardens, several buildings dedicated to different education fields, with varying architecture, cafeterias, sitting areas, et cetera. Most universities also don't have tall buildings like skyscrapers/apartments, they will generally be wider than they are taller. (Although I know exceptions apply. I think Oxford and Manchester are two unis in the UK that have buildings for each field spread out around the city, so maybe you could look to them for inspiration).

What I would suggest is to have a university entrance that leads into another map dedicated entirely to the university campus. At minimum, you could do a garden area that stretches out off-screen (to imply that the campus is bigger than just that one map) and have a central education building in the center.

Edit: Also, general rule of thumb - if you don't know how to map something, I highly suggest trying to find other rpg maker games that you can look to for inspiration. RainFall, maybe?
it's not a uni campus unless it has random foreboding brutalist architecture
Still have to add code to switch to the next page of the items list, but otherwise largely done with the items page for my event scripted 2K3 CMS. I can reuse large chunks of the code for quite a few other pages in the menu too, so making good progress through it as a whole.

An updated title screen for my dark fantasy game.

After a bout of writers block I managed to pick up work again. Rather than release a demo I intend to instead release a prologue when the game is close to finished.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Pyramid_Head

After a bout of writers block I managed to pick up work again. Rather than release a demo I intend to instead release a prologue when the game is close to finished.

That'a darn nifty looking main menu screen!
It looks good! I'd add just a few more details/chests/enemies depending on what you're planning for the area. The walking space is pretty narrow so I'd say only a few more details and more off to the side (or able to be walked over) I really like the waterfall on the side. You could possibly make it so you could walk under and reach another area? I also don't the shadow auto tile is doing the map justice I'd personally remove it once you've finalized details!

Event Event stuff.

Making things night-mode with the NES palette transports you to the PURPLE ZONE and I'm here for it
Extremely talented. looking forward to more with this ♥.
Still in the experimenting phase of making a game, here's one of my attempts at an overmap

Here's 2 encounters too, didn't put much effort in the map, still figuring out the game mechanics and putting tilesets together.

I've been looking through these screenshots and wowzers everyone's orignal graphics look incredible! And here I am with just my plain ol' edits...

Just some more fooling around, trying to make interesting looking scenes

Are those black and red air sharks because that's rad!! I like the colors you're using in the maps! The overworld for the city is nice -- although I'm not the biggest fan of how the intersections look. That's more of a tile problem I think.
author=Gourd_Clae
Are those black and red air sharks because that's rad!!.

They're actually dolphins, I tried to make like a red pearlescent glow to them, Which I think looks cool when they're flying around!

author=Gourd_Clae
I'm not the biggest fan of how the intersections look. That's more of a tile problem I think.

Yeah, I wasn't sure they looked right either, but that's the only "center tile" of the road tiles, Maybe they look fugly cause I clustered them too much?
author=OzzyTheOne
author=Pyramid_Head

That'a darn nifty looking main menu screen!

That's taken from HEROQUEST the videogame! Cool!!!
I've been working on a custom menu scene. I got really tired of seeing the same menu system in every RPG maker game, and I wanted to try something different, so this is what I came up with. A navbar at the top of the screen that's fitted for exactly how large I need the menu to be, instead of the sidebar with a variable size, and a three member party screen instead of the default four. It also displays mission objectives, gold, and the map you're currently on. Base code was from Yanfly's VX Scene Menu ReDux, but it's obviously been heavily modified.

How does this look, though? I kinda like the look of it myself, but does it seem too crowded, or unintuitive?

author=Strak
How does this look, though? I kinda like the look of it myself, but does it seem too crowded, or unintuitive?

I think it looks good overall