YOUR DREAM COLLABORATION

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I would like to play all of these games.

To those that included me in their dream team, I am honoured to be accepted into such august company, though I believe I have done little to warrant such approbation.
author=Corfaisus
Then again, I'd like to collab with members "me" and "myself" and actually get something done in a timely fashion.

I've worked with these two before. Fucking assholes, both of them. One drinks all my fucking booze and the other sleeps in every weekend like he was back in high school. Don't work with their identical twin, "I", either. Jerk spends more time playing pretty princess dressup in video games than working on anything.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
My dream team is the same as the credits for my RM2K3 game:

Maybe add "Music by Nobuo Uematsu" randomly at the end

(OK no but for actual serious the only thing that keeps me from teaming up with anyone is my lack of faith in their willingness to finish)
I can't really think of a specific dream team; I'd probably enjoy teaming up with anyone as long as everyone gets his/her job done and brings positive energy.

As far as genre/theme goes I'd likely prefer going out of our comfort zone. I could enjoy combining my background with calunio's to make an adult psychological thriller/horror but I don't think it would be as satisfying as, say, make a kawaii sci-fi bullet hell where you shoot down mutant cheese.
I have no idea, I've always felt I would work by myself.

The one rare exception that never got off the ground was, at one point in January 2010, Mary4D and I were going to make some sort of cute Madou Monogatari style RPG using the Frankenstein's Monster of a game engine I was working on at the time. It never went anywhere and I decided to move on (to eventually the RPG Maker 20XX prototype, being sidetracked, fading away for a year, cancelling, reviving, etc.) and I have no idea where Mary4D went.
Aww, NeverSilent I feel loved~<3

I think NeverSilent and I almost collaborated to make a horror game for the igmc? He probably saw how much I like leading that it scared him off though~ I'd love to try again sometime. I actually developed the idea I had for that a little more!

I would LOVE to make a game with Ocean since I actually know the dude and he's freakin' awesome at gam mak. He'll need a little motivation, but I think a little food would do the trick.

Libby and I would make the most badass RPG story with the best characters I'm sure of it. We might have some difficulties since we're pretty simlilar in what we're good at and she's way better buuut whatever~

Fomar scripting and me writing? Yes please! The dude's a beast with code, man...!

I think Unity and I would make a sweet team. I could do some artsy stuffs and she and I could do story together. Oh yes, doesn't it sound lovely? It may be a bit weird since I'm mediocre at artsy stuffs at best, but it'd be ours and it'd be a masterpiece!

I would love working with Minnow again - she need only say the word~<3

Oh carp, did I forget Nessy?! I think Nessy once said she aspires to make games that could be commercial, but to put them out there for free - and I really resonated with that. She's a serious game dev role model for me.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Oh yeah, and MirroredSpirit because I think we've got a few things in common when it comes to theming.
Dang, what great teams. I'd pick you, unity and Red Nova, because I've been most impressed with you guys work from what games I've played around here. Additionally, nhubi for no particular reason other than I like your style!

I swear, give me a few more months and I'm gonna upload some of the best instantly outdated work you've ever seen! Hell yeah, I'm still sporting the love for RM2K! It's just a matter of time!

-flap
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Max McGee
But I worry that I don't offer much to would-be collaborators. It's not that I'm unskilled, as such, it's just that, as someone who's not a scripter, artist, or composer everything I'm really good at (writing, general game design stuff) is something that EVERYONE can do to some degree and that most people LIKE to do themselves.

I didn't worry about if I'd have enough to offer when I made mine, just because this is fantasy and meant for fun.

But, when it comes to writing and general game design, while most people can do both, I don't think it's fair to say everyone excels at both. When it comes to writing, I feel that I'm just passable, so I'd absolutely love to work with a talented writer and let them handle that part (as long as I had some input on the story and characters, even if I wouldn't be writing the dialog).

Similar with game design: I feel like I have a good handle on it, but what I learned from working with Red Nova, you can really do a lot more if both of you are willing to bounce ideas and reach a working middle ground, so that your gameplay ideas benefit from both of your perspectives (it also helped that Red's great at linking gameplay to the story in really creative ways!)

author=Red_Nova
Aw, I'm happy to have such a broad spectrum to work with you, unity!

Personally, I want to make a lighthearted adventure with you. I've been trying to make something funny, zany, etc. for months now and I just can't seem to pull it off. Either it accidentally gets too serious or too zany and out of control. Since you have such a knack for it, I want to collab with you on that.

Hey, just shoot me a message about it when you're ready and we can do some idea-bouncing! I may not have time for a brand new game just yet but I'm all for getting some ideas together! :DDD

author=yuna21
Or if i want to add a dash of cuteness to my game, then unity is the way to go. Seems she's the sweetest member on the site and channels it all into her games.

<3<3<3 :DDD

author=CashmereCat
unity because a collab with her is the most likely thing where something will actually happen. This girl makes games quick, yo ;) Also she is artistic and can make tilesets well. And tells stories - you know what, I'll just watch while she makes a game :P

Don't sell yourself short, Cash! I'm horrible at puzzles and I really respect your ability to come up with them and execute them in really interesting ways! ^_^

author=CashmereCat
But in all seriousness JosephSeraph and I are going to make a game together (this is confirmed) and it's going to be awesome and it's going to be ours. We are similar in personality and I can tell making this game is going to be a blast. Let's get to it soon, though, Joseph!

Hooray! That sounds awesome! ^_^

author=emmych
Ffffff ;___; I AM SUPER FLATTERED UNITY OMG <3 <3 <3 I'd totally take you up on that if I wasn't a trash person to work with. >__>

<3<3<3 Hey now, I'm sure you're not that bad to work with! I really like your ideas, your energy and enthusiasm, and your love of romance and character relations :DDDDD

author=slashphoenix
unity's games are really cute and you seem like you'd be fun to work with!

I'd totally collab with you! Your art is super-cute and you have really cool gameplay ideas :DDD

author=Gourd_Clae
I think Unity and I would make a sweet team. I could do some artsy stuffs and she and I could do story together. Oh yes, doesn't it sound lovely? It may be a bit weird since I'm mediocre at artsy stuffs at best, but it'd be ours and it'd be a masterpiece!

That sounds like fun! I really admire your style of writing and how nicely it all flows ^_^

author=flapbat
Dang, what great teams. I'd pick you, unity and Red Nova, because I've been most impressed with you guys work from what games I've played around here. Additionally, nhubi for no particular reason other than I like your style!

Thanks, flapbat :DDDD

Also, I downloaded Farmyard Chronicle and I've been meaning to actually play it for awhile. I'll do that today :DDD

tl;dr
I want to collaborate with just about everyone ever XD
Nice, unity! Hope you enjoy it. Oh, and I forgot about Elder 71. Badass original art, great game atmosphere, and a polished finished product? Sign me up!

-flap
Collab? Nay!

That's because even I don't like working with myself sometimes (because you just can't spell procrastination without me). Add to the fact that I lose focus and interest rather quickly. Yeah, it won't work out.

I want to change this, but I'm too lazy. I'll just wing it and keep truckin' :3
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Gourd_Clae
Aww, NeverSilent I feel loved~<3

I think NeverSilent and I almost collaborated to make a horror game for the igmc? He probably saw how much I like leading that it scared him off though~ I'd love to try again sometime. I actually developed the idea I had for that a little more!

Haha, don't worry, Gourdy. It's not that easy to scare me off, especially for such a nice guy as you. The real reason why that project didn't work out had nothing to do with anything you did. It was because when the IGMC started I was working on finishing my current studies and that simply didn't allow me to dedicate enough time to a full game project. (The other reason is that I deeply dislike horror and can't even play games of that genre, let alone make them. Sorry...)

But I would still love to work on a game together with you some time! I haven't forgotten!
I'm afraid I've got LockeZ's narcissistic tendencies--at least with certain aspects of development, like writing and music, but I'm finding that the more I develop, the more hands-on I like to be with everything. I'd like to team up with Indrah and Fomar but I'm afraid that Indrah likes to do the writing, so we'd probably butt heads. I'd also like to team up with New Black--I talk to him a bunch, and I feel like we have similar goals in terms of expression, but we go about it in different ways. I think we'd either make something really cool or really goofy and stupid. I've got a few sweet horror premises in my idea folder, so add another name to the Snow Owl hat. I tend to attach different art styles to my ideas, though, so that'd probably be something I would have to bend on with him since he has a pretty distinct style. I'd like to work with LockeZ, too, since I've pretty much agreed with everything he's ever said on this forum. Then there are a lot of people I'd like to work with who I know are capable, hard workers, like Unity.

My Ms. America answer is that one day I would like to have enough capital to hire a bunch of folks from the community and form a development house that makes awesome RPGs that people everywhere can play and fall in love with.
Aw geez~ >///<
Ya'll who said you'd like to collab with me make me blush!

Honestly, I'd love to collab with basically anyone. It's one of the reasons I did the whole MaMa thing - collaboration (and fun~).

I'd definitely enjoy the Breath of Fire collab with unity and Jo. That would be cool fun~ And I'd love to get a look inside Craze's head some time when it comes to numbers - I think I'd learn a lot from him when it comes to gameplay.

I loved working with AE and would again (one day I will finish those games or at least use that art I promise! ;^;). For some reason he really gets my characters and he's a great artist. <3

One of these days Nessy and I will have to team up for that horror game she keeps talking about. XD

And Decky, definitely. I miss him being around.

Newbles and Caz and Soli and Sooz and CashKitty and RedNova and, fuck, everyone! I think every person would bring something interesting and new to the table that would be great to see.

I'd love to team with kentona one day - I really enjoy the gameplay he makes but I doubt any game we teamed up to create would see the light of day. Ever. (Same could be said of a Craze/Me team, I guess. Actually, Craze/kentona/me team would be crazy but never even start, most likely) XD
orz

I'd also love to see what Max and I could create because we clash a lot in our thoughts so it'd be really interesting (and possibly crazy as balls XD) Of course, that's if we didn't kill each other off before we managed to get it done. (I kid, we get along okay outside of some social topics. ;p )

I'd also love to drag CaveDawg into the ring and see what ideas he could produce. He's got an interesting way of thinking and it would be fun seeing what an idea-storm would produce when bouncing off each other.

Honestly, I'd love to just make with a bunch of people and see what happens. XD
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Housekeeping
I'm afraid I've got LockeZ's narcissistic tendencies

If you were a real narcissist, you'd have said that LockeZ hadyour narcissistic tendencies.

4/10 for effort.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
guys i literally just playtest stuff a lot until it feels good. i hate numbers. why do you think my games never have levels?? i like making short, tight experiences.

...that's why my current project is an open-world dungeon crawler, fuck

anyway, it is quite flattering to see that people still remember my name. i've grown a ton since i started doing the gam mak in.. 2004? 2005? a disgustingly long time ago, basically. i still don't think i'm very good, but other people do, so i keep up the charade!

if i wanted to do a collab outside of my usual suspects, it'd probably be with emmych, grs or byah. when i get rich and don't have an emotionally exhausting job anymore, i might consider doing a not-failed Wyrm Warriors sort of thing with the community, though. for right now i just sorta mak when and what i do. there's a lot of you i like, but i'm afraid i'm way too much of an asshole to make it work, or with cases like lockez, you're too much like me. we lone ronin must wander the gam mak paths in solitude, lest others feel our bitter pain.....

but seriously my ""balancing"" is just
>get rid of most variables
>play test twenty times (not necessarily kidding)
>pray it works on release (it usually doesn't)

you too can follow those steps and become a jaded veteran !!
If I had to pick anybody, at least this one particular individual to work on something right now with me right at this very moment, it would have to the lovable, if not partially insane, Strangeluv.

Strangeluv and me kind of work on the same sort of things and both of us have such weird, wicked senses of humor that he would be f’in’ perfect to work with. Just thinking on what type of screwball-like game we’d both come up with just is starting to make me chuckle with such inappropriate laughter even thinking about it. He may not be the greatest coder around (that would probably be my job), but his writing skills and useage with coming up with such wonderful, descriptive characters and helping me come up with some of the mini-games would be just enough for me.

If it’s not Strangeluv, second would probably be Neok. I think I remember that somebody made a topic like this years ago and at the time I was banned so I could only view and surf the site via a proxy, but I remember seeing that topic and instantly thinking of him and - wouldn’t you know - he thought exactly the same way and picked me as well. I guess we could come up with something magical together. He does have a skill that I don’t necessary possess and that’s to do with spriting and art. I’m okay at spriting a little, but this guy would be such a huge help in overcoming some of those obstacles that I simply have trouble with.

And, also, who wouldn’t want to work with Archeia_Nessiah? She’s like the queen of doing such pretty looking artsy stuff ‘round here. Plus she’s got contacts. Big contacts! Something tells me that in an alternate universe that we’re probably cranking out hit after hit, until she decides to leave me to go work at Atlus to work on the next Persona game.

Testament is another one, if only to work on another board game with his help in mind would definitely reduce the stress that comes with making one of those blasted things, especially in RPG Maker. Hmmm…I guess the only thing that I would have to do to compensate his immense help would be to throw Nono in there as a playable guest character, or something.

yuna21 I would only work with if she ever decided to do a Enelysion spin-off game revolving around the mis-adventures of Siglud and Cillian. That’s the only time I’d ever work with her on something, because I love these two goofballs and I see potential with them.

Kentona, Pizza, Marrend – maybe even accha or emmych if she can ever decide to get her mind out of the gutter for once. Seriously, there’s so many good people around here to choose from that it’s haaaaaard…!

I guess doing a collab project in the future with someone would be nice to think about but I seriously need to just buckle down and finish some of my own work that’s been plaguing for me for years before I even think about doing that. But, hey, at least I can dream, can I?
I would probably collaborate with people that are good at the stuff I'm less good at, or do not enjoy doing.

First I would love to have a great storywriter (hey, you get to be the idea guy!). It would probably have to be tailored to my style, or at least something that I would enjoy making.
Housekeeping or Max McGee seems like more competent writers than me, for example.

Another area where I am sorely lacking is in the music department. Which is ironic since all my games have been praised for having fitting music. I'm good at selecting music, not so good at making it. To be honest I'm not sure who would be the one making it though, Tarranon made some great music for Reap and Sow but he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Other people that seems like it would be fun making games with is CashmereCat, Pizza and unity. I'm not really sure who would do what with those people though.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Craze
rhyme.

yes. pls.