[RMVX ACE] YANFLY'S FTB SYSTEM HELP~

Pages: 1
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
As the title says, I need help with Yanfly's Free-Turn Battle system. What I am trying to do is make the maximum number of actions to have available to be limiting and increase the maximum through script calling. However, because I am unfamiliar with script calling, I keep getting errors or the script call doesn't work at all. I read a topic about script calling and I still have no clue what I am doing. >.<;;

Tl;dr: I have no idea what I am doing and I want to script call to change the maximum FTB actions per turn for the party.

Here is the link to the default FTB script if it helps at all.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
accidental double post
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Before you do anything, highlight the entire script and paste it into Notepad, in case you delete something important. Always back your games up!

Open YF's FTB script in the script editor. Hit ctrl+F and find the method "def ftb_actions_maximum". The second line of that method is "n = 0" and determines what the minimum number of actions the party gets.

After that is a for loop that adds every actor's FTB turns to "n". If you don't want actors to have any influence on the number of actions you get, highlight this loop, right-click it, and choose "Comment Out."

The last one will return either "n" or the maximum value you specify at the top of the script; whichever is lower. You can either replace this entire line with, say "return 10" to always have 10 actions no matter what, or you can simply specify a new maximum such as
[n, 10].min

Don't delete the return line outright. if you want to replace it, comment it out and type a new return line.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Thanks, LouisCyphre. You actually helped me realize that it was really something so simple. After doing a couple of tests with what you said, the only thing that I needed to was change the return function.
 return [n, YEA::FTB::MAXIMUM_FTB_ACTIONS].min]

To:
 return [n, $game_variables[x]].min]

So far, I haven't ran into any issues. XD

Side note, I actually never used the Comment Out function before and usually just manually put a # in front of the line. ^.^;;
Pages: 1