MCBACON JAM

unity
You're magical to me.
So, pretty much, we should start asking around about forming a team now? :D (Also, to anyone considering collaborating with me, if you're interested in the sort of game ideas I come up with, I've got a thread of them going on ^_^)
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Yes. start talking to people and figuring out if you wanna team up. I don't mind how people do it (this thread, other threads, PMs within reason, IRC, or whatever). Also, just so we're clear, I won't be a participant in this unless needed (though im hoping the teams work themselves out so that isn't needed).
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Yea, I guess we should start looking for people to work with, right?

I'm totally down to code a very small action game, either like, a little hack-and-slash or arcade-type game, if others were interested in doing art and story for it!

Otherwise, I'm totally down to do custom art or scripting stuff for an RM game, or just go crazy on battle designs or something... I'd love to do just art for once, haha :P

Just lemme know, I guess!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Oh man, so many talented people... I would love to be on a team with Yellow Magic, unity, slashphoenix, seiromem and/or Jeroen_Sol (we could talk Dutch!). TungerManU and Gourd_Clae would also be cool to work with, though unfortunately they seem to prefer working in different engines than me.
(I kind of want to ask Liberty as well just to trick her into having to work in XP, but she'd probably kill me ;P )
Whoa I missed this completely.

Hook me up with some media like banners and whatnot and I will feature it on the frontpage n such
unity
You're magical to me.
Aaaaaah, there are so many people I want to ask! I'm indecisive about what to do. Do I ask them here, in public? I'm all nervous all of the sudden XD
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=unity
Aaaaaah, there are so many people I want to ask! I'm indecisive about what to do. Do I ask them here, in public? I'm all nervous all of the sudden XD

As I stated before, you are more than free to use this thread. Just be sure whoever you want to get the message... gets the message. XD

author=kentona
Whoa I missed this completely.

Hook me up with some media like banners and whatnot and I will feature it on the frontpage n such

Ill get to work on that, though I need to discuss a few things with you anyways.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
This is kinda nerve-wracking, hah...

I wouldn't mind being the third or fourth member of a group and just doing some art or tilesets or something. I don't have a load of free time, but a couple hours a day might be enough to make some character art?

Unity, if you need someone to do custom art for an RPG or something, I'll do it, if you want :D if that's what you're looking for! no pressure!!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Anyone who wants to pick me up for their team can do so now. I'm pretty hard-working and I can work on a large variety of things as stated in my profile. Hopefully it'll be a really fun experience so either PM me if you want, I have pretty much no restrictions, just looking for a team to have fun with! So if you think you could use my esoteric set of skills (lol) then feel free to express interest.
unity
You're magical to me.
Okay, I'm just going to lay down some ideas, and people can tell me what they think of them:

slashphoenix, I love your art, and you mentioned it being cool to do art in a game. I think a Visual Novel or something similar with your art would be cool. We'd need someone that's good with dialog, though. What about Gourd_Clae? He's really awesome at it. I think that would be a great team-up! I could help with character and plot ideas, doing additional art if we need it, and anything else (like maybe putting the game together in an editor XD)

Snowowl, your atmosphere and graphics are top-notch and to die for. You mentioned that you'd rather not do the writing on this Game Jam. Housekeeping is amazing at writing (and also music!!!!) and I think if both of you were on board that an amazing horror or surreal game could be born. Hmm, do I fit in there? I'd certainly want to help all I can with ideas, characters, gameplay, and such, and would love to do so, but there may be a better match for a third partner there than me.

Okay, I wanted to type up a bunch of these before I posted any of them (because I kind of want to work with everyone XD which I can't but that doesn't stop me from wanting to) but I have to go run errands. I'll be thinking of more while I'm gone! (I hope I'm not blushing from embarrassment XD)
Err... it would be awkward if I asked someone out (lol), because I seem to be the noob-est one here. I have no experience at all in collaborations, and I'm still a practically a newbie to game making. I'm here to learn, but I promise not to be dead weight. I'll do my best to fill in my task, and I'm willing to do anything you tell me to (gam mak related only).

I guess that's all, so thanks!
Sleeping wind: oddly enough I have several After the End plots scratched out in text files.

I have so many game ideas that I could probably make an event where teams could choose or get assigned one and tackle it.

I also have many ideas that I shoehorned into RPGs because I am not technically proficient enough to make say a hack n slash or platformer.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Ok, think I need to give out a lil advice here:

1) Don't assume that someone you want to work with is "out of your league". They may feel the same way themselves, but more importantly, they're likely in this knowing perfectly well they may end up working with you.

2) If you're in higher demand, consider taking an underdog. I think it's safe to say that some people would be more than glad to use this as a chance to prove themselves.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
This could help alienate myself give a better idea of my preferred style: Instead of using music like this in an RPG, I would rather use this.

author=NeverSilent
Oh man, so many talented people... I would love to be on a team with Yellow Magic, unity, slashphoenix, seiromem and/or Jeroen_Sol (we could talk Dutch!).

It'd be cool if we could be on the same team, but having worked together in the past I'm not sure if it'd be in the spirit of the contest...
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Yellow Magic, I really don't think that me having been a tester for one of your games would be against the spirit of the contest. I mean, it's not like I really had much of an influence on the creation process of that game or anything. I'd be happy to form a team with you, anyway.

unity and slashphoenix, I would be very happy to work with either of you as well. But at the same time, a team of you two and Gourd_Clae sounds so glorious that I kind of want to see it happen, too. Still, should you want to collaborate, please let me know.

Anyone else who wouldn't mind working with me, don't be afraid to say so.
Zeigfried_McBacon
I'm only going to enforce collaborations IN these events based on the rules and goals I set for it. For the record, I don't care if you happened to work with someone prior to one of these, plain and simple. The main thing is, Yellow Magic and Neversilent could collab on many of these, and it'd be fine, just as long as the third person was someone new.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Unity, that sounds like a blast to me, if you want to do something like that :) The game ideas in your thread sound like fun, and I'd totally love to do art for a game like that, if I can.

I would love to work with a lot of you, honestly, it's been so long since I've had a team I've basically forgotten what it's like ;-_- I know I usually work with Unity3D and focus a lot on gameplay, but this time around I'm worried I'll be a bit busy and I'm scared to commit to more than some custom art and gameplay brainstorming. Plus, I'd love to be able to just play with art instead of writing a bunch of code for once, and this seems like a great way to get some practice in.

Mi apologia, I just realized I posted a whole profile about being really into custom gameplay mechanics and now I'm saying I only wanna do art. I wanna be up front about it so people know what to expect!

(kentona, sometime in a far and idealistic future when I have a bunch of spare time on my hands, I'd totally craft a gloriously silly 2D hack-and-slash with you)

(neversilent, I'm totally down to work on something sometime! Either this jam or maybe next time around?)

I feel bad that I can't work with all of you..!
I-I want someone to hold my hand and say that they'll do it with me! #>_<#
I'm... Um... I'm an uke! W-where is my senpai???? ( ;_;)

Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Name: Ocean
Main skill: Being a hungry foodmonster
Other skills: Pixel, Mapping, Eventing, Gameplay design
Skills I don't really have: Scripting, Writing, Composing within the timeframe (I can make music, but not quick enough for this so that's a no)
Engines/Languages/framework preference: RMVX Ace. But I have a fondness for RM2k3.
Prefer to work on: Surprise me
Prefer NOT to work on: Hey might be interesting to try something out of comfort zone.
Comment: I got skype for anyone teaming with me, I can keep in contact. I've got a few completed games already so there's that. I don't have a super high amount of free time because I work full time but I'll try! I'm a pretty laidback person.

Conditions for working with me: http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10838539_1381441912153261_2145944424_a.jpg I want a slice of pizza this big