MCBACON JAM

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Yeah, I can't possible decide who I want to work with.

I think I'd be best as a reserve team-member.
I can't decide who I'd want to work with either... hmm... it's actually best if I'm used to fill a position if someone needs it, but it's fine if I'm not on a team and don't participate. I will if I can, but won't necessarily mind if I don't.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
For anyone still lacking a team a couple days from now, I will be sending out a big PM to help organize people a bit, so if you still wanna be a part of this but aren't sure where to go or how to go about it, don't worry!
Alright! Newbie of sorts here, but not quite! I think this a neat opportunity to divekick into the community while maybe learning some stuff along the way.

Name: Oneirossc, or just Ross!
Main skill: Art, Character Design, Backgrounds. Sprites. Character Portraits will probably be my strong suit.
Other skills: Writing, Story. Mapping. While I haven't got a full lock on tilesets, I'm pretty sure I can pick this up. Light coding, nothing too substantial though. Ideas and concepts, I love throwing ideas back and fourth.
Engines/Languages/framework preference: I'm a bit focused on repicking up Rpgmaker, specifically VX Ace. I've worked on Source Engine maps and models but I'm pretty sure that won't be applicable here. I prefer RPGMaker for this gamejam, but if I'm going to be more focused on art assets this shouldn't be too much of a issue.
Prefer to work on: RPGS, Visual Novels, Puzzle Games, Etc. I'm up for light hearted or dark settings.
Prefer NOT to work on: Perhaps maybe a project that seems too overtly ambitious, though I'm sure the 2 week timeline will keep things simplified. I'm comfortable with pretty much anything.
Comment: Let me make some cool visuals for you! If you want an idea of what my art is like, here's link to my art tumblr/deviantart:

http://oneirosscart.tumblr.com/
http://oneirossc.deviantart.com/

---
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I heard a rumor there was a game jam.

Name: LockeZ
Main Skill: Being LockeZ
Prefer to work on: Video games
Prefer not to work on: My IT job

I don't wanna be a reserve. Mostly because I don't want to get paired with a newbie. Nothing against newbies, but there are way too many people who I recognize by name around here, and I'd like to see what some of them can do firsthand.
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=LockeZ
I heard a rumor there was a game jam.

Name: LockeZ
Main Skill: Being LockeZ
Prefer to work on: Video games
Prefer not to work on: My IT job

I don't wanna be a reserve. Mostly because I don't want to get paired with a newbie. Nothing against newbies, but there are way too many people who I recognize by name around here, and I'd like to see what some of them can do firsthand.

Amusing, but I'm not sure I can take this seriously, for any number of reasons. You DO know that this is an event about teaming up with people you haven't teamed up with before on a game, right? Also, I wont stick you on reserve, it's clear you want a choice in the matter, and I wont deny you that one bit. Bear in mind though that solo entries WILL be rejected. For now, find someone you'd like to team up that you haven't teamed up with before in gam mak, or up to 3 someones even.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
No, I'm totally serious, I'm throwing my name out there as LFG. I'm just saying I want someone else to invite me to their team. I don't wanna be assigned to randoms.

And honestly, if you can't figure out what parts of game design I prefer to work on, you're probably not active enough on this site for me to know who you are either.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
the Z is for zero tolerance
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=LockeZ
No, I'm totally serious, I'm throwing my name out there as LFG. I'm just saying I want someone else to invite me to their team. I don't wanna be assigned to randoms.

And honestly, if you can't figure out what parts of game design I prefer to work on, you're probably not active enough on this site for me to know who you are either.

Alright. I will take this seriously then. I will also respect your wishes to be invited only. I will not send you any of the PMs teamless people will get, and I will not assign anything to you. However, because of all that, I will not intervene if you remain teamless the entire time.

Also, this particular case has given me an idea to improve future events a bit...
author=LockeZ

Dude, why don't you just ask a team if you can join up with them.
LockeZ... I invite you personally to join me in Team Random Assignation. ;p
LockeZ
author=Neok
You could ask the same thing of the other fifty people who posted "applications" listing what they're good at and what parts of game design they want to do. The only difference with me is that everyone here has listened to me rant about game design enough that listing that info is a waste of time.

author=Liberty
Only if that's your actual team name, and it was chosen ironically because you are picking your party members manually. If so, then yes, let's do this.
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=LockeZ
author=Neok
You could ask the same thing of the other fifty people who posted "applications" listing what they're good at and what parts of game design they want to do. The only difference with me is that everyone here has listened to me rant about game design enough that listing that info is a waste of time.

author=Liberty
Only if that's your actual team name, and it was chosen ironically because you are picking your party members manually. If so, then yes, let's do this.

While I have no problem with people picking their own teams and doing their own thing, please bear in mind that a person in reserve making their own team would remove a person from being on reserve, since they are technically taking their ability to choose back. Again, I have no problem with that, just keep in mind there are some rules I'm gonna at least try to keep enforced.
I was meaning the random pile, not an actual real team. Like, "Join the DarkRandom Side. We have RNG~ (and cookies)"
So maybe I'll join this? Bear in mind I'm not very productive. But I should have a bit of a hole in my schedule when this event happens (only day job and theatering, but not rehersals so only three times a week).

Name: Shinan
Main skill: Procrastination. If I can avoid working I probably will.
Other skills: Basic AGS (Adventure Game Studio) knowledge. Writing skills (I like to think I'm decent at editing. Taking what exists and... Streamlining it.) Some design things perhaps. I take a lot of inspiration from boardgames and tabletop RPGs. That is I tend to translate everything to either cards or dice.
Engines/Languages/framework preference: If I am to do actual work on game it's Adventure Game Studio. But if I'm mainly part of the concepts phase and some writing and whatnot there's not really any difference what engine we're working in. (I do own VXA from that humblebundle. Even though I've never run it)
Prefer to work on: I greatly enjoy "realistic" (internally consistent) settings. Simulation and freedom is also my jam but those are also a pain in the ass.
Prefer NOT to work on: I'm not a huge fan of non-subversive j-fantasy.
Comment: Alright so I am a huge procrastinator. So if I'm in a team I sort of need a strong leader that will have the patience to bug me. "So you done your thing yet?" and I answer "Uh... I'm watching Agent Carter, but I'll get to it." The thing that does keep me going is not wanting to let team-members down so if I know the team cares about getting things done then I too will care about getting things done, but I will probably not be the motivator in any team I'm in :)

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
LockeZ, I already have a great team for this round. But if you're going to sign up for any future jam as well, I'd be happy to personally invite you right away.
(Not sure if you'd want to work with me, but I can try, right?)
author=LockeZ

Also, you're the only one so far who's concerned about not working with newbies, aka, you're the only one with a criteria for who you want to work with.

What I'm saying is, since you're picky about who you work with, don't you think that means you should be more proactive about scooping who you want up before other people do, since less choices and all that?
LockeZ
NeverSilent, I would definitely work with you. Honestly, I think I'm way less picky than most of the people in this thread, who are all asking specific other people to join them. I don't think "any mouth-breather whose name I recognize" is particularly strict criteria.

How many people have actually signed up for reserves, anyway? I'm not even sure how you do it, there doesn't seem to be a way to do so on the event page.
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=LockeZ
NeverSilent, I would definitely work with you. Honestly, I think I'm way less picky than most of the people in this thread, who are all asking specific other people to join them. I don't think "any mouth-breather whose name I recognize" is particularly strict criteria.

How many people have actually signed up for reserves, anyway? I'm not even sure how you do it, there doesn't seem to be a way to do so on the event page.

You let me know and I add you to a list.
unity
You're magical to me.
I've worked with LockeZ, and I'll totally vouch that he's a cool person to work with. Your game will also have awesome battles (especially bosses :D) if you recruit him.