2014 MISAOS - THE VOTENING

Pages: first 12345 next last
Voting is now open for the 2014 Misaos.

Nominations have been tabulated (automagically, and thus not (yet) manually vetted), and those with 2 or more nominations in a category got a spot in the voting round.

The voting will last 3 weeks and close on January 21st, 2015, at which point we will all bask in the glory of the winner(s)!

E:seriously, no one else nominated Megaman for best Non-RPG? what I am supposed to vote for now?
unity
You're magical to me.
Hooray! Misaos!

While I'm totally flattered, I noticed that Luxaren Allure shows up in several categories, but being unfinished, I don't think it's qualified for anything except the Most Promising Demo category.
I think I loosened the "MUST BE CAMPLETE GAM" rule last year on several categories...
Gah! I totally forgot to pick my nominations this year.
Damn, those nominations.

It's good that Luxaren Allure shows up, because I'm voting for it~ What should (maybe) be fixed is that It Moves is still in the Most Promising Demo category even though it's already complete :P

I tried to vote but I didn't play any of these games. Maybe next year(I say that every year).
Okay, come one guys!

Go play Last Word then change your votes to that where you can. It's a short game, it's a complete game and fucking Ed Greenwood complimented it as being a great game in the IGMC. ED MOTHERFUCKING GREENWOOD!

Go play Quest Prophecy Twilight Prince Chronicles and change your Game of the Year vote to that! Because Remnants of Isolation somehow got fucked over for GoTY despite winning the fucking competition - it didn't even get a look-in - so let's choose a game that truly deserves to be 2014's game of the motherfucking year!

Go play Antagonist and vote it for best characters.

This is the best character of the year and you should all feel guilty for not voting for her! Alternatively, Chefiroth.

These are all three short games - under an hour each - and more deserving of top spot than a fan game and a game about paedophilia (no offence to these two games, but seriously - there were some great fucking games this year and people need to fucking play them more!)

Also, how did Home get nominated for demo of the year when it's also nominated for Game of the Year? One of these means that the other should be out. :/
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
What's Lost Story? It doesn't have a download link.

I guess I should really play HOME. I haven't played OFF yet, though.

Edit: But yeah, of the Most Promising Demo nominations, HOME (OFF spinoff) is completed.

Also when you visit Eternal Odyssey's page, it can't be found.

I also just realized that I should have nominated Quest Twilight Prince Prophecy Chronicles for best Sound & Music, because of that darn voice acting blowing me away. Grrrrr. It deserved at least a nom. Lol.
CashmereCat
author=TungerManU
To be entirely honest I'd be pretty outraged if QTPPC won GOTY for real. If there was a Best Humour category though it'd be a sure pick for me, it was the funniest shit I'd experienced in a long time.

Yeah, totally. Clouds should have won GOTY I can't believe it wasn't nominated
author=TungerManU
To be entirely honest I'd be pretty outraged if QTPPC won GOTY for real. If there was a Best Humour category though it'd be a sure pick for me, it was the funniest shit I'd experienced in a long time.

If we're going for games that sum up the year of 2014 in gaming, I'd say QTPPC works well. Also, it's a better choice than some of the ones on that list. But hey, vote Flourette Blanc or Last Word instead. Both are great games that did something new with battles, have great graphics and characterisation. Last Word is particularly good.
Blech. The usual pattern emerges.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=accha
Damn, those nominations.

It's good that Luxaren Allure shows up, because I'm voting for it~

OMG thank you!!! Wow, you've totally made my day :DDDD
CashmereCat
Anyway, my votes for now (until I possibly play a few others maybe or maybe I don't have the time o_o):

Storytelling: Soul Sunder
Characters: The Heart Pumps Clay
Setting: Dreaming Mary
Atmosphere: It Moves
Graphics: Dreaming Mary
Sound & Music: Dreaming Mary
Technical Prowess: Unraveled
Level/Dungeon/Puzzle Design: Tess
Gameplay Mechanics: World's Dawn
Interface Design: Essence Enforcer
Demo: Luxaren Allure
Non-RPG: It Moves
GOTY: It Moves

... I still need to play: HOME, Sunken Spire, Fleuret Blanc., Last Word. I'll probably play Last Word first because it seems the shortest, then Sunken Spire. The other two seem to be longer games :/
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Well that list is showing an early trend but there are a couple that need vetting the completed games in the demo section being the highlight, but I'm sure Kentona will do a manual one soon enough.

I'm going to play a few more on the list before I make my final choice. Oh and Cash, Lost Story used to have a download it's since been removed for a rework not sure what that means for nominations.
Remember, we have three weeks to play games before the voting ends. I implore everyone who votes to actually play some of the better candidates before dumping a vote on any name that catches your eye.

Be an informed voter this Misao season!
Knowing how the Misaos work, I won't be expecting any wins, despite the fact that my game appears in nearly every category.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I think Demo's is the only category where I played 3 of the nominations. Well at least I think I can vote for that one.
Pages: first 12345 next last