LUCHI'S MOUSE ART

Pages: 1
So I finally decided to start an art topic of my own which involves the humble mouse ( and no, there are no Paint-like drawings in this thread XD ). I'm pretty terrible at updating stuff like this ( and churning out new art ) but I'll post what I've done over the last year or so. I also don't practice as often as I'd like since 95% of my hobby-time is taken up by gam-mak.

So, onto business ( or w/e you want to call it ^^ ) Paint Shop Pro 8 is my tool of the trade.

Pixel Art:

Project based-art:

I'm a huge fan of Sims3 so I made a Sim version of Laine then linearted the screenshot. :D

Other stuff:

So yes. I tend to do a variety of styles instead of sticking to one. That's it for now. Back to my gam-mak realm!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=yuna21

My God! I love this!

You did this whole thing yourself?
Yep. ^^ Paint Shop Pro is awesome for drawing perfect pixel spheres.
I'm not sure why I expected a thread with anthro mouse/rodent art. Anyhow...

Your pixel art is really good, especially the space piece that Corfaisus pointed out.
Thanks. ^^

More WIP mouse-drawn related to Tristy. All WIPS obviously. Looks like I've finally mastered using the blasted tool after 7 years. XD

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Good stuff, yuna! Your characters are all so expressive (especially Tristian and Ianna) and in a variety of poses!

Shading is my biggest struggle when making art, so seeing you handling it well like this is really helpful!
It is quite painful, I can assure you. ><

Finally done. I wish I could have got her hair to look a bit better, but that's what I get for using a good old mouse.
As impressive as using a mouse for all this is, you should really stop and get yourself a wacom tablet. You're seriously going to destroy your wrists if you keep this up.
I think I have developed a certain immunity to it, after seven years but yes. A graphics tablet will speed up the art process significantly and I probably will be able to produce more high quality artwork. ^^
Trust me you want to stop BEFORE it starts to hurt! And yes, tablets are a lot easier to draw with!
I have to agree with Neok. While I tip my hat to you for coming this far with just a mouse, and for doing it seven years...It'd probably be in the best interests of your wrist to graduate before it starts to hurt. It's all downhill from there, heh.

Anywho, I've been seeing your work for a while, and I've never said anything. ...Ever. Well, I'll just say that I think you have great potential. I look forward to seeing where you are in a year from now!
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I love that pixel art. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Thanks guys. I may start up a tumblr for all my pixel works once I got enough material to show. =)

Testing out my custom tiles for Tristian.

Pages: 1