PHASE ONE COMPLETE

Pages: first 12 next last
Program: RPG Maker VX Ace
Game: The Legend of the YouTube: Fans Awakening
Subject: Let's Have Some Fun!!!

YOUTUBE FANS!!! A team of 4 are creating a RPG from scratch with all original characters and music. We need people who are familiar with popular YouTubers to create monster sprites, character/villain portraits, and game animation scripts to shorten the distance of the games completion. All content must be RPG Maker compatible, and participants are welcome to join us in our Skype sessions. We work well together and are pretty good associates.

Current Team Members:
- ArcadeHeavenGaming or Brandon Develops the game and works with some scripts

-Kami The WolfBoy OR Kami - Dialogue Writer and concept manager.

-Vincent OR Vinny - Writes the story of the game

- Amanda - Oversees production

Story: A group of young adults act as beta testers for a company that is a subsidiary for the creators of the Oculus Rift. The product they are testing is a Virtual Reality prototype, made to be capable of fully immersing the player in a virtual realm by harmonizing with the players' brainwaves and sending harmless shocks to their pain receptors upon the players character taking damage. To further the immersion process, the device implants false memories related to the game while maintaining a copy of the original thoughts and emotions as to prevent memory loss after upon disconnect. Unluckily for the testers, one of the two technologically savvy men responsible for monitoring their status, doesn't take their job seriously enough. In the game, there are characters from the Zelda Franchise that have been fused with popular YouTubers: (Link-iplier - Link & Markiplier). There will be a mixture of original, fan created, and Zelda monsters & NPC's. There entire purpose of this project is to bring together different fan bases to create an audience for the people working on the game.

We Need: People who are talented with creating character portraits base off of pictures of real people and custom requests. (all welcome, preferably EST -Eastern Standard Time). We will require portraits made of some monsters, each Player, Boss, and NPC as to make the references to both the original character and the YouTuber more apparent.

People familiar with sprite creation within different size parameters. Along with monster sprites, we will also need sprites of NPC's. We are also searching for people who can help better animate the character sprites (to depict death, injury, picking up items, equipping and using items, etc.)

We are also looking for those familiar with creating and using scripts to help and better customize the HUD, UI, and Menu as well as the Title Screen.

When asking for aid you MUST include at least as much information as someone who is creating a game page.

For those seeking help there must be:
- At least 500 words describing the game - what you're aiming for, game genre, story summary, systems planned, anything that will draw people in out of interest and what plans you have for the game itself. If you can't meet the word limit you don't have enough information to go looking for people to make the game with.
- 3+ screenshots of what you have so far or what you're capable of.
- Precise details about what you're looking for in people - what type of skills (mappers, writers, animators, musicians, etc); the skill level (beginner, advanced, professional); what you're looking to get out of them (a few sprites, 20 maps, an estimate of songs); what, if anything, you're willing to pay/recompense them with (nothing, monetary reward, t-shirts, something from the RMN store); the estimated amount/length of work (a few weeks, a couple of months, a year, until end of development).
- Past pieces of work, if applicable. This can be in the vein of written works, art, story boarding, games (even just flash ones) or anything that can show you have some sort of skill and the level of such.

In the case that a thread doesn't abide by these rules I will ask that it be updated. If after 48 hours it hasn't been, then I will move said topic to the Archives. I will not lock, so that the creator has the chance to edit and once edited, they may contact Liberty via PM and, if it meets the new rules, it will be moved back to the correct area.

In the case of rejection, topic spam will be met with warnings and/or bans, as per the site rules.
Tips:

- Don't call yourselves "awesome" or "genius". When pitching an idea, nobody cares if you think you're hot shit. They care about the technical details of the idea.

- Offer something in return for work, like money. Barely anybody works for free. Although from past experiences with thteads just like this I know you aren't willing to sink money into the idea anyways.
unity
You're magical to me.
I think the biggest question, which I always ask, is have any of you on the team actually completed a game before?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Another tip: If you're going to start off by claiming to be making an RPG from scratch, don't use VX Ace sample maps.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Red_Nova
Another tip: If you're going to start off by claiming to be making an RPG from scratch, don't use VX Ace sample maps.

That certainly explains the inconsistency of the quality of their maps -_-
Yeah, for the record, while sample maps are great, using them to show off your own skill is like buying a loaf of bread from the store to show of your baking skill.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
To be fair, they're not claiming to have awesome mapping. Actually, the word map never even shows up in their pitch. That can be taken a couple of ways...

... but really? copy/pasting sample maps into one big map and then right underneath that saying, "PREPARE FOR AWESOMENESS?"

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I see he edited that out from his post.

So let me ask you, Arcade: Why should anyone help you? As Pizza said, what incentive is there for us to stop what we're doing to join up with you?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Where did those character sets come from? Based on everything I'm hearing I'm guessing they're not custom.
And to answer your question for the third time Unity, yes I have made games before, but I also posted how can I make them playable to other people and one one's answered that question either. So 1 not my problem you don't know what my other games are since you've refused to answer that question, 2 it was a sample map with custom maps made in it as well, 3 it was just a quick look at it it's not permanent, 4 you required screen shots so you got them.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=ArcadeHeavenGaming
And to answer your question for the third time Unity, yes I have made games before, but I also posted how can I make them playable to other people and one one's answered that question either. So 1 not my problem you don't know what my other games are since you've refused to answer that question, 2 it was a sample map with custom maps made in it as well, 3 it was just a quick look at it it's not permanent, 4 you required screen shots so you got them.

I apologize that I don't remember every "HEY I NEED A TEAM" thread you've made. As for your question, "how can I make them playable to other people," do you mean how to get them up on this site, or are you speaking more generally?
not get them on the site, anytime i try letting someone try the game it won't work. its done finished how to i publish it to let a friend try it who has the runtime installed?
unity
You're magical to me.
Are you using VX Ace? Go to File> Compress Game Data, and VX Ace will make a self-extracting file. Give that file to your friend.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=ArcadeHeavenGaming
the characters I made myself using looseleaf

That is not precisely the same as making them yourself but thank you for sharing.

@ArcaeHeavenGaming:

I am going to try to say this gently, but you have no idea what you are doing, and you are not qualified to lead or really even be a part of a team. Figure out what you're doing and come back in 1, 5, or 10 years.
Kami The WolfBoy: I'm one of the people working on the game, and I just logged on to see what was up. My thing is, everyone has to start somewhere. When I said that we were making a game from scratch, I meant it. It took us over an hour just to get our original characters to work (We used Loose Leaf as a blueprint and edited the finished product in Photoshop), and any REAL artist knows it is about hard work rather than living up to the flashy expectations of some rude bottom feeders waiting to use some aspiring artists as a step stool to elevate themselves. I enjoy constructive criticism, but none of the posts above were that. From what I can tell, you are the "You did it wrong" & "You are a failure" type rather than the "Try doing this instead" type. Did anyone ever stop and think this wasn't about being the best? That it was about bringing strangers together to have fun and build something that was beautiful to us? No one except us has seen the actual script I wrote out, and this game is going to end up darker than the last of us. So I'm going to console my associate, then we and the team we have so far are going to have fun creating something that is beautiful to US instead of exposing it to people that are only going to compare it to something else rather than sticking around to see past the cover.
unity
You're magical to me.
I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Yes, it's true that everyone has to start somewhere. That's fine.

But you didn't make this thread all about getting started. You made it about gathering an awesome team. You made it sound like you all knew what you were doing. And when you make a topic like this, asking for people to devote time and energy to your project, those people want to make sure you know what you're doing so their time and energy doesn't go to waste.

When your production head doesn't even know how to compile the game, things look pretty bleak. Did none of you consider making a smaller game to learn how to use VX Ace before you attempted to make a giant YouTube crossover?
Lato
Infantry for life!
You guys made this guy leave the site lol! I LOVE it, finally some small justice in the world, now if only RPG maker web will get rid of some of these ppl THAT would be great.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Gloating over the fact that somebody left the site is nothing more than counterproductive. If overambitious newbies asking others to make their game for them realize that's not how things can work and start over on a smaller scale, that would have been a success. Overambitious newbies becoming bitter when told their grand plans won't work and leaving the site is neither a reason to celebrate nor an accomplishment. And saying it were the other users who "made them leave" (which they didn't) and calling that "justice" only casts a bad light on RM communities and makes us all look like elitist punks - which we shouldn't be and most of us aren't.

It's good to make clear that recruitment threads like this one will go nowhere, yes. But pretending it's somehow good to scare away inexperienced newbies, and even claiming the community does this and should do this completely misses the point.
Pages: first 12 next last