TREASURE CONFLIX

Pages: 1
Oh my gee, the SNES won't ever cease to amaze me, will it? Just when I knew all games that were out for that console (I spend a great deal of time scavenging unknown titles ykn) I found... Treasure Conflix! I've never heard of it before, and got quite surprised -- especially considering it's such a BEAUTIFUL game.
It is a Satellaview game -- that is, it used the Satellaview peripheric device and it was a downloadable SNES game. I don't know much about Satellaview, it's a bit confusing -- but there are plenty of games there, such as three Chrono Trigger titles: Radical Dreamers, Jet Bike Racing and the Music Box. Anyway, back to Treasure Conflix

LOOK AT THAT, the backgrounds are beautiful, colors are gorgeous, the character animations are incredible -- I'm simply stunned by the sheer beauty of this game.

LOOK AT THOSE CHARACTER PORTRAITS

Granted, it's not perfect, some parts look a bit bland and et cetera but it is still absolutely impressive. o.o

Have you ever heard of this game? Just wanting to share, but it'd be cool if someone has actually played it~ :D
Goddamn you SNES, you and your endless secret library of games.

In terms of sheer graphical fidelity this game is definitely up there, as far as true 16 bit titles go. Those background and character portraits are indeed beautiful, as is some of the mode 7 stuff.

I've played one Satellaview ROM before- BS The Legend of Zelda. It was pretty cool.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The entire Satellaview was never released outside of Japan, and it doesn't look like this game has ever been fan-translated despite being a Squaresoft game (which you'd think would make it a popular target).

If you wanna try emulating it in Japanese, here's a thread that might help you keep track of some of the major menu options and names and so forth used in the game: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,12963.0.html

The game appears to be a Mode 7 airship dogfighting RPG made by Squaresoft. What!? That was a thing I didn't know I needed in my life, but I now suddenly realize I definitely need. Really, really, really badly.
This one was only quite recently emulated successfully--i was desperate to play this during the late 90s to early 2000s.

Upon playing, it reminds me a bit of a 2D version of the criminally unknown PS1 RPG/Dogfighting game Velldeselba Senki
I've been hearing whispers of this game here and there. I agree, it looks REALLY cool, but I don't know how it plays. Even so, the concept of dogfighting airships in the SNES days sounds very neat.

I'm not sure when this game got (re)discovered, but it's good to see it out there. Hopefully someone will take a crack at translating it.
Pages: 1