[RMVX ACE] I'M USUALLY GOOD AT TITLES.

Pages: 1
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I have a working demo for a game I'm making. It's very loosely based on a short story by Mack Reynolds...you know what, not even "loosely based"; "inspired by" is better. Suffice it to say, I read a short story by Mack Reynolds and I subsequently had an idea that it vaguely resembled. I could probably make the game without mentioning Mack Reynolds and even if you read the short story immediately after playing the game, you would spot certain similarities, but you probably wouldn't make a direct connection, but I would know so I am pointing it out.

The name of the story in question is "Up the River", in case you're interested in finding it and reading it. Mack Reynolds is a famous futurist who did most of his writing through the 50s, 60s, and 70s and he wrote some really wonderful stories.

Anyway...

My game is currently strictly RTP with a few alterations, and I wouldn't even make a game page, except I want some opinions on how I should present the story and I figured the best way to get advice was to show people what I have. The problem is, I have wracking my brains to come up with a title for it, and I simply can't. I know that creators will often name stories after their inspirations because they reflect each other in a way that the names are interchangeable, but while "Up the River" marvelously reflected the context and plot of Reynolds' story, it in no way reflects mine. "Up the River" has already happened and is part of the past.

So, I guess in order to generate ideas for a title, you should know something about what the game is about.

Basically, Earth has been invaded by aliens, and we have lost. The characters in the story are now coming to terms with fact that we are now ruled by extraterrestrials, the soldiers can and often do choose random people to be slaves, and now humanity is trying get on with this reality. This does not take place on a fantasy Earth. The story starts in a trailer park in Arizona. There are two main characters. The first main character, Jack, is an ex-Army officer that fought in the war against the aliens. The second is an alien woman (Uiyi, I had a different name for her, but when I created one of the files for her, I just mashed the keyboard for a file name and it spit out Uiyi. I liked it so much, I gave it to her) who fled her world and was rescued by the soldier. She has become a teacher and in addition to usual studies, teaches people about her world and how it was also conquered and teaches the history of the cosmos.

The main story branch is going to involve the two main characters, and some of their friends getting unwillingly involved in a revolution (I am considering that for another story branch, they don't get involved at all, but are on a separate adventure, that while related, follows a course that has nothing to do with the revolution. That idea interests me.). In fact, after their own history, the main characters would prefer to be left alone and just get on with life. They've both already fought, and are content with the fact that the conquerors have left them alone and haven't charged them as war criminals.

Anyway, I simply cannot think of a title for it.
Down the Stream
River of Stars
River of Empty Dreaming
The River Runs Dry

>.<;
I actually thought of Down the River haha.

Everywhere in Chains
Past Bound

Er, I can't think of any. I only really like "Everywhere in Chains".
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Actually, I'm starting to lean towards River of Empty Dreaming and River of Stars.
Pages: 1