[RMVX ACE] ITEM RESTRICTION

Pages: 1
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Okay, I am beyond desperate. I've been working on this for three days. I've tried finding scripts, tutorials, I have used conditional branches and variables in vain.

You know how only magic users can learn magic? Instead of having magical skills being innate in my game, I want characters to have to learn magic from items. These magic spells and books are scattered throughout the game. I can make all of these items I want. But my non-magic users can use these items, of course, removing them from possession, though not learning anything, AND THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY TO FIX IT!

How can I keep certain characters from using certain items? If it were any other RPG Maker, I could just uncheck his name. I'd love to be able to define who gets to use what item.
Tsukihime's Custom Use Conditions lets you require an actor to have a certain class to use an item. :)
pianotm
Thank you! Having a lot of trouble making it work. I'm talking to Hime about it. It doesn't seem to want to obey the tag conditions. It just turns off the item for all actors no matter what.
pianotm
author=Hime
If you are talking about using it from the menu, the default menu assumes the person with the highest PHA stat will be “using” the item. This script only provides functionality for checking whether an item is usable or not. It does not change who will be doing the checks.

You will need another script if you want to change the way the item menu works.

So much for that. Any other ideas, anyone?
Pages: 1