[HYPE] PERSONA 5 TRAILER

Pages: first 12 next last
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Atlus wins the prize:

Things of note:

-Main character is a gun-wielding phantom thief with a persona in a top hat.
-Cover and stealth mechanics in dungeons???
-The interface is even more bonkers than usual.
-Team Pet character is a cat this time. Engage cat puns.
-Igor appears to be a shifty lawyer.
-They're making good use of the Catherine engine. Everything is vibrant and looks phenomenal.
-Battle footage at 2:00, but they're fighting actual personas instead of shadows.

Persona basically saved the RPG genre for me, and this looks like no exception. Anyone else pumped?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MY HEART

OH MY GOD I CAN`T CONTAIN
OH MY OH MY OH MY OH MY OH MY OH MY OHOHOHOH THIS IS BIUTIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ;__________; GODDAMN I'LL HAVE TO SAVE A LOT OF MONIES ;_;

I WISH I WEREN'T SCREAMING BUT I CAN'T AND I HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT'S BEEN LIKE REAL REAL LONG SINCE I'VE LAST BEEN SO EXCITED FOR A GAME AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
ASDFIHAFOIADHFIOADGHFGDAAHFPDSJFDOSAFPÁSFUDOP´FASGSFGHFSGAGSDFGBFGFSGSFGSFDGFSDGSGFG
AGSISFJGIPDASJFDSIFHUYODS8VHYXCOIBHGWHLWIOWBIJHLJHLGBJDLJGDFGFGFSGSFGSFGSFGFSGSFGSF
FSGKFSJGFVSDLJCNIJHIOV HIOFSDHSIODGVSJCVDSJCSDJOFPSDJFJPSDFJPSDJSBVCNHJGKKJUKYF!!!

What Joseph said.
Deltree
I'll take that as a yes, then!

ALL OUT ATTACK

One thing of note: "Commu"/Social Link is no longer on the status screen. Instead, there is an entry for "Cooperation." Could be the same thing; could be something new; could be an online thing. Speculate!
With how SMT IV was a let-down I'm - OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT.
Seriously, though, this looks awesome. The pseudo-stealth-masquerade looks a little bit odd considering the general theme of the teaser trailer, but I hope the story theme comes through well.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I can't post in caps because even though I'm a Persona casual I'm in disguAAAH FUCK IT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

THOSE MENUS
DAT JAZZ FUSION MUSIC
FREAKING TUXEDO MASK

PRAISE BE TO ATLUS. THEN, NOW, FOREVER

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/persona-5-director-discusses-characters-themes-development

I for one really appreciate Atlus' take. I dig themes. I dig morale. I dig encouragements.

Also, they tend to make awesome games.

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
AAAAAAAAAHHHH!

ICAN'TWAITICAN'TWAITICAN'TWAITIWANTTHISIWANTHISIWANTHISOMGIMUSTHAVETHISNOW!!!!!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I don't know anything about Persona except that's it's anime as heck but my god, those menus are kickin'. I've never been so excited about UI before.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
this looks alright
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i'll play it when i can afford a house, television and ps4 in ten years
Persona 5: The Thievius Racoonus?

It certainly looks and sounds stylish, I'll give it that.

author=Craze
author=Craze

Do what I do - watch an LP. I watched Persona 4: Golden via LP since I don't have anything to play it on. It might have been stretched out for a while, but it was fun (and long as balls, good lord!)

(I watched Nico's LP of it. I love his zany voices.)
author=LouisCyphre
this looks alright

it's been long since I last laughed this hard
god this thread is breaking a lot of "long since I had"s lol
Deltree
The Giantbomb Persona 4 endurance run was magical. It also taught the importance of casting Bufu.
I'm down with this! This entry looks really fucking neat.

I appreciate the effort from a marketing aspect as well. In regards to Japanese games, too often a good RPG comes out with absolutely no effort to market or advertise it, or create hype, and then they claim 'no interest' or 'poor sales'.
It was PS3 and PS4 as far as I know. But I know that wasn't the point, so..
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
the trailer graphics, which i desire, are almost certainly ps4 footage. i also do not own anything older than a ps2. or a television. i have my childhood ps2 and no television because i don't watch television... welp
Deltree
Don't worry; I'm sure Persona 5: The Crimson starring Mary Sue robot girl will be out on the Vita 2 in 2019. By then, a PS3 should be dirt cheap!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Holy moly. I can't believe I didn't spot this before, but the trailer music is clearly inspired by the composition "Thousand Knives" by Ryuichi Sakamoto of Yellow Magic Orchestra

Pages: first 12 next last