ANY OTHER FANS OF INDUSTRIAL MUSIC HERE?

Pages: 1
Industrial music is one of my favorite genres of music that I got into after leaving my phase where I only listened to heavy metal. My favorite band in the genre is Throbbing Gristle. While their studio output is inconsistent their live stuff is simply incredible especially Live at the factory Manchester! I'm also fond of Clock DVA, Cabaret Voltaire, and Swans (Some of the early stuff is industrial). I'm not very fond of more mainstream industrial artists like Nine inch nails, and Marilyn Manson but that's just me personally. Still having a hard time getting into SPK who I expected to love. As far as industrial metal goes I like Ministry but prefer Godflesh.

What bands do you guys like? What do you think of the genre as a whole?
I'm not entirely sure what industrial is but I assume it's sort of the heavier things with loads of digital instruments or whatever it is called. I am mostly into easy listening mainstream industrial music.

Some years ago I was introduced to psytrance and as an offshoot there was also some kind of industrial trance. I can't remember what any of it was now but some it was quite interesting. (no wait after a dig around in music genres on wikipedia I found what I was introduced to. Front Line Assembly)

I also love listening to Laibach from time to time, whenever I feel like I need a good laugh.

So yeah mostly industrial pop for me.
author=Shinan
I'm not entirely sure what industrial is but I assume it's sort of the heavier things with loads of digital instruments or whatever it is called. I am mostly into easy listening mainstream industrial music.

Some years ago I was introduced to psytrance and as an offshoot there was also some kind of industrial trance. I can't remember what any of it was now but some it was quite interesting. (no wait after a dig around in music genres on wikipedia I found what I was introduced to. Front Line Assembly)

I also love listening to Laibach from time to time, whenever I feel like I need a good laugh.

So yeah mostly industrial pop for me.

There's different kinds of industrial it doesn't have to be heavy and dark some of it sounds like dance music some of it sounds like serial killer stuff. I can't really define it either though tbh but Laibach is good fun.
Command & Conquer - Industrial

I have a hard time differentiating all of these different genres, but I like edgier techno, and I do like NIN. But I am more into glitch hop and stuff like Prefuse 73, Boards of Canada, Haywyre, and Glitch Mob.

E:
spelling mistake
The term industrial music was coined by Throbbing Gristle as a satirical remark about the Music Industry, first and foremost.

BUT YEAH I LOVE THAT STUFF. Particularly Einsturzende Neubauten, Coil, Foetus and Monte Cazazza. Babyducks are quite criminally underrated, too.

Tago, have you tried SPK's Leichenschrei album? That's probably their best one. Things got pretty bad with Metal Dance. Fun fact, Graeme Revell composed the Power Rangers Movie soundtrack.
I'm only familiar with this music through my dad (just like the last thread XD) and have not listened to any of it extensively/willingly, but I can say I do like "Blume" by Einsturzende Neubauten.
author=nurvuss
The term industrial music was coined by Throbbing Gristle as a satirical remark about the Music Industry, first and foremost.

BUT YEAH I LOVE THAT STUFF. Particularly Einsturzende Neubauten, Coil, Foetus and Monte Cazazza. Babyducks are quite criminally underrated, too.

Tago, have you tried SPK's Leichenschrei album? That's probably their best one. Things got pretty bad with Metal Dance. Fun fact, Graeme Revell composed the Power Rangers Movie soundtrack.

Yeah Throbbing Gristle is my favorite and IMO the main pioneers though Kluster did stuff very similar to industrial music. I've been trying to get into SPK I know that album is supposed to be the magnum opus of industrial but it hasn't really worked for me not that I don't like it just can't finish it.

I also like Clock DVA and Cabaret Voltaire.
Chris Watson of Cabaret Voltaire gave a lecture to my Sound Art class about 10 years ago. Real cool guy! Great band, too.
author=nurvuss
Chris Watson of Cabaret Voltaire gave a lecture to my Sound Art class about 10 years ago. Real cool guy! Great band, too.

That is epic!
Pages: 1