SOOZ ARTS AWW YISS

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Hi, I'm Sooz. You may know me as that weird lady that babbles endlessly about narrative and horror in the Game Design forum, but I also make art things happen!

I did the character art and windowskin for Remnants of Isolation (I am currently working on new battlers and then some more CGs for the upcoming commercial release.)

I also have a couple of webcomics webcomic (just the one now) that I hope y'all will check out:

Patchwork and Lace
The adventures of a Lovecraftian Disney Princess dark magician and her Frankenstein monster buddy

On top of that madness, I do a bunch of miscellaneous artwork. I won't do a one-for-one backlog because holy shit there is a lot, but here's a few gaming-related bits and bobs to tide y'all over!

Here's the outlines for one of the new RoI battlers.

As part of a prompts challenge, here's the Patchwork and Lace ladies cosplaying some vidya gaem characters.

Perry from UUP Gemstar

Ganondorf because, as you may have noticed, I have a thing for burly dudes. :3

To conclude, here is a gif of a walrus playing the sax:
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
That is the most sensual Ganondorf I have ever seen.

I like your lineart a lot, especially the little amphibian. And two webcomics is really impressive! How long have you been arting?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
My mom likes to brag that I was drawing from the time I could hold a pencil. :V

It has been a lifelong thing, but I've been doing Reliquary since late '08, and PaL from mid-2011. I've been actively freelancing for the past couple of years; I was leaning toward art as a serious career from high school (so about... 1996 or 1997).

Yeah, I'm old as butt. You, too, can kick ass at art if you do it seriously for a couple of decades!
author=Sooz
Yeah, I'm old as butt. You, too, can kick ass at art if you do it seriously for a couple of decades!

Here, here!

...Cool stuff! I like the saxy walrus & the attention to hairiness. I loved your character art in Remnants of Isolation.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Amazing stuff, Sooz! Your designs are really unique and creative!

'Scuse me while I go over into the corner and drool for a while.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This is cool. I'll have to give those comics a read.
unity
You're magical to me.
Speaking of showing off Sooz Arts, here is a hastily-thrown together picture of the profile pics of the main characters in a yuri romance RPG we're developing called Lilies of Vanigale. :DDDDD

Holy crap, you had better believe I will be watching out for that game.
whoa sooz!!! i haven't checked this thread yet!!!! omg your art is really wandafuu~~ *u*

<3 Ganondorf <3 and <3 blue lipped lady too <3 such an awesome expression (body and facial)

btw THE FRILLS IN THE CLOTHES ARE AWESOME
THE SKIRT FROM THE GIRL IN THE LEFT IS SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT

ASFDAKSADFGB
And your style is very Sooz-y too LOL

Congratzzzz, bravo
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Damn Sooz these are great! You draw such lovely ladies and men *.* Your coloring is really clean and nice too! I' definitely going to give Patchwork and Lace a read once I have a chance.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=unity
Speaking of showing off Sooz Arts, here is a hastily-thrown together picture of the profile pics of the main characters in a yuri romance RPG I'm developing called Lilies of Vanigale.

Like, developing right now? Geeze, unity, don't you have enough on your plate!?
Sooz
D'aww, thanks for the kind words, y'all!

author=JosephSeraph
btw THE FRILLS IN THE CLOTHES ARE AWESOME
THE SKIRT FROM THE GIRL IN THE LEFT IS SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT

Frilly shit is def. my thing. :3
(Also the girl on the left has no skirt! Did you mean second from the right?)

And your style is very Sooz-y too LOL

I am not totally sure what that means, but I must agree! :V

author=Ebeth
Your coloring is really clean and nice too!

Wow, thanks! I usually feel inadequate with my coloring because I see so many super-nice digital paintings.

author=Marrend

Haha, it's been on the backburner for a while because Uni wanted to do shorter stuff first, and then RoI happened and pushed EVERYTHING back forever.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Marrend
author=unity
Speaking of showing off Sooz Arts, here is a hastily-thrown together picture of the profile pics of the main characters in a yuri romance RPG I'm developing called Lilies of Vanigale.

Well, to be honest, for the most part, it's on hold until Luxaren Allure is done (which is why it doesn't even have a gamepage yet). But it was what I was working on before I came to RMN and has a good ten hours of play time finished. It's also much more of a collaborative effort between me and Sooz, as she's not only doing the art, but most of the writing as well (which I think really brings it to life ^_^)

Sorry if I made it sound misleading, but yeah, it's a future project. Don't worry, I'm going to do my best to finish everything that I start. ^_^
Sooz

Here, have some RoI art. The final version had to have the details reduced because I was an idiot and forgot that reducing from 300 dpi to 72 means losing all that painstaking detail you cramped your hand putting in Sooz you detail-oriented dummy!

ahem

So here's the 300 dpi version with all the carefully-rendered ice reflections and the lovingly-detailed body horror.

(Doing these battlers has been sooooo fun because I haven't had a good opportunity to indulge in my love of body horror for a while.)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
crystal eyes!

author=Sooz

Woo! Not to be poke fun, but it's nice to know that there's still hope for people like me who have only started taking art seriously recently :P

(I also really really like those frills, dang)
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I adore the headmistress/mage, not sure why my eye snaps to her first in that awesome foursome, but it does, she just sings off the screen.

Also really like the new RoI battlers...and now I'm off to read P&L, well tomorrow, I'm busy tonight.

Sooz
Yeah, I super encourage working on your skills even if you're (seemingly) behind! We don't really notice it, but it's more common for success to happen after long, boring slogs than for it to come immediately to just talented prodigies.

I saw it said elsewhere: The best time to plant a tree is ten years ago. The second best time to plant a tree is right now.

tl;dr YES DO ART DO IT NOW!!!!

ETA:
author=nhubi
I adore the headmistress/mage, not sure why my eye snaps to her first in that awesome foursome, but it does, she just sings off the screen.

Probably because of the contrast; the other three are fairly bright colors, while she's darker and muted, so they blend together a bit more.

and now I'm off to read P&L, well tomorrow, I'm busy tonight.

I hope you enjoy! :D
unity
You're magical to me.
Sooz drew me for the Valentine's game face-set. (I think this was the exact expression I was making when I asked if she'd draw me XD)

Seeing as I'm not sure when the game will come out, I'm going ahead and using it as my avatar. :3
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I wish I had that idea. That seemed a lot better than the Fast Times at Aremen High leftover I ended up using.