SOOZ ARTS AWW YISS

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Here's a little sample of a thing :3

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Virtual Grappi is finally becoming a thing? GET HYPE!

By the way I have absolutely no clue on how to decode that text.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
You're not supposed to. It is technically possible because I'm lazy and just using a simple substitution cypher (read: a font that Uni made) but the idea is more to replicate the experience of an Inscrutable Foreign Game.
Sooz
Jim Sterling done a video, I done a art:

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Pogs were all the rage when I was a wee Dudekid, nice to see them as they were in our eyes.
Sooz
INKTOBER!

This year I went with "daily(ish) work on a couple of big things" instead of "daily little things." (Mostly because Luxaren Allure owns my life RN.)
Sooz
My life is WIPs RN. Here is one:

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
FB Like, this.
Sooz
Five days of pixelling! Here's a small preview!

You can see the whole thing if you beat Luxaren Allure once it's out! :D
there better be a BIG GAY KISS in the other side of that pic

...i mean or anything else that's narratively satisfying but look i love me a good kiss

(ALSO THAT LOOKS REAL NICE AW JEEZ)
Sooz
I did not go with smooches as that is adequately covered in-game but it is hella gay.
Sooz
Haha looks like they solved the "spray in sunset" problem the same way I did! :D
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Oh wow, that is frickin' amazing, Sooz :D

I really dig the big opaque tree over the super-reflective water. I never know how people manage these beautiful pixel paintings. Dang, tho.
Sooz
Lots of time and painstaking pixel placement. Well, after a lot of haphazard blobbing down color. Also, lots of finding shortcuts because do I REALLY need this level of detail and dithering, or is there a smarter way to do this?
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Sooz
Lots of time and painstaking pixel placement. Well, after a lot of haphazard blobbing down color. Also, lots of finding shortcuts because do I REALLY need this level of detail and dithering, or is there a smarter way to do this?

Oof. Complicated pixel art seems so time-consuming. It really looks great, tho! But yea, whenever I look at something someone else did or maybe try and mimic their style a bit, I always wonder how many shortcuts and tricks people use that I don't know about >__> Maybe I should watch more streams or like, process vids.

EDIT: also I just saw the Inktober drawings, cute hedgehog :D
Sooz
I had a dream about a tiny husky puppy adopted by a flock of sparrows.

Sooz

Free Spirits is great and Kozmin is the best.
Sooz
So I decided to do a crossover of Free Spirits and Patchwork and Lace:

Some people are apparently more interested in being suspicious of Creatures of Darkness than learning the Charleston.