[RM2K3] CHARACTER WON'T STEP BACK IN PLACE DURING BATTLE

Pages: 1
Hey everyone,

Encountering a glitch in battle where my character will not return to his starting position during battle after an attack, but every action from him will set him back at his starting position than where he moved. What is wrong?

-Update: On a battle without events, this doesn't happen.
Specifically, it comes with my tutorial where I give a condition to characters at critical health. My character attacks and then gets stuck in the position he attacks in instead of returning to his position.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Can you post a screenshot showing how the battle event is set up?
author=SpellcraftQuill
Specifically, it comes [...] where I give a condition to characters [...] and then gets stuck in the position

download StatusAnimationFix[+]
author=bugmenot

Using that patch causes attack and skill cancel if you move another Hero before the current Hero has finished its animation. Would not recommend unless you're really desperate.
Now to figure out how to undo the effects of this patch. Apparently removing the file and replacing the RPG_RT isn't enough to reverse my game to a more functional state, lol.
author=bugmenot
author=SpellcraftQuill
Specifically, it comes [...] where I give a condition to characters [...] and then gets stuck in the position

Very much appreciated.
I'm having another problem now that I installed DynRPG and the patch. All my message boxes are transparent when they're not supposed to be and sprites also won't become transparent.
author=SpellcraftQuill
I'm having another problem

Are you sure you have used dyn0.20? Take a fresh RPG_RT.exe that didn't have DynRPG on already.
I thought the transparency issues were fixed, but don't quote me on that.

author=Milennin
Apparently removing the file and replacing the RPG_RT isn't enough to reverse my game to a more functional state, lol.

Might be because that bug is not related to the bugfix I posted above at all. But thanks for finding yet another bug native to RM2k3 that's a pain to track down, anyways.
I'll search for a solution, or better yet find one.
author=bugmenot
Might be because that bug is not related to the bugfix I posted above at all. But thanks for finding yet another bug native to RM2k3 that's a pain to track down, anyways.
I'll search for a solution, or better yet find one.

It doesn't do that in my game's version without the patch placed in it. At least not to the extreme that is caused by using the patch. Regular skill cancel caused by a bug in RM2K3 itself is still an issue, but way less common.
Luckily I had a recent back-up of my game to revert to.
Don't multi-post. It's against site rules. Instead, add more to your previous post via the Edit button.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you have more issues please make new topics for them, so that people don't have to read the whole topic to figure out which problems are solved and which aren't. Thanks.
Sorry about that. Just don't want to bother anybody and spam the board. It's still not working half the time.
Pages: 1