SUIKODEN SERIES

Pages: 1
I know everyone has a personal busy life, and working for free isn't a great motivation, but if you're a true Suikoden fan then that should be the motivation. Anyways I am a long time suikoden fan from the 90's, and I am still a strong Suikoden supporter. Recently I have taken up a project. The remastering/demake-remake of Suikoden IV. This project aims to shed more light on the limited/rushed game known as Suikoden IV.

I have gathered a group of people in order to add on to the Suikoden IV story, and change some of its game play. The game will be in 2D, and I will be spriting it along with this other guy who has helped thus far. The reason I am telling you this is because I believe if this project is successful it can impact the series as a whole. 's currently in the early stages, but if this goes viral, some talented people might join the team, and help this project move faster. More spriters, and coders are welcome!
Also if you're familiar with the RPG MAKER vx ace engine please join.

Here's a video of what the game might look like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuznoZEI_eg

and here is some of my sprites:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17474

I know I have no completed games, but this time I have a team. I would really like additional spriters, and ruby coders to join . Anyone else is also welcome!
>_> Have you even finished the FFVII demake??
>______________>'

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=jin69
I believe if this project is successful it can impact the series as a whole.

This seems like a pretty big claim to make! What are you basing it on?
author=JosephSeraph
>_> Have you even finished the FFVII demake??
>______________>'

Haha I knew this would come up :p its almost finished. The demo is like 80% completed. But I am thinking of redoing the maps. I promise the demake is not cancelled or anything crazy. I am learning alot from working on Suikoden IV, like how to use the victor script/

author=Marrend
author=jin69
I believe if this project is successful it can impact the series as a whole.
This seems like a pretty big claim to make! What are you basing it on?

Well this Suikoden game is no fan game. This is the modification of Suikoden IV. Let's face it, Suikoden IV was a game that was plagued with disappointment. It took away the 6 man party battle, the Suikoden III skill system, and the game was super short with no real character development. When I played the game it felt like traveling with a bunch of strangers in a cruise ship. I have a pretty good team right now that know a lot about Suikoden series, and have their own individual talents. I think if I can mimic suikoden 1, or 2. I can help e to the system. Even if I am successful, and konami comes and shuts me down. At least that will show the love for suikoden! Anyways, I would really like if I could at least recruit someone from this forum. Even if it's helping with just one sprite, music, code, or anything that may help.
thing is, you aren't really supposed to be thinking about konami 'shutting down' before you even start working on the dam game.

xD

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I dunno, jin. I just think you're setting yourself up for some huge disappointment, because you have these illusions of grandeur of trying to re-make, if not one-up, a commercial game.

Though, I dunno. If you're just going to get up to a certain point in the game, I think that would probably work better than trying to remake the whole thing. Which is what I'm presuming your aim is with this project.

These are merely my two cents, though.
Basically you're saying that you are going to do the following:

* Recreate all of the character (over 108 unique, plus NPCs), object, enemy and location graphics of a 40+ hour PS2 game in 2D

* Implement Suikoden 2's party and battle system

* Implement Suikoden 3's skill system

* Flesh out 108 characters

* Recreate the game's centrepiece of a headquarters that doubles as a seafaring vessel with a sailing system

* Recreate the game's many, many minigames: including-but-not-limited-to dousing for treasure, dice, mouse catching, Mahjong, etc.

I don't mean to keep you off your grind, but do you realize what a gargantuan task this is? Suikoden 4 took a team of one hundred people three years to develop. Recreating it from scratch would be monumental for a paid team of professionals, let alone RMN forum users.
i honestly think he means "i'll remake the intro and first 10 minutes of gameplay then go on to remake Unlimited SaGa" or something.

Like, yeah. Redo a portion. That sounds damn fine. But don't set it up like that. You're shooting your own feet.
author=JosephSeraph
i honestly think he means "i'll remake the intro and first 10 minutes of gameplay then go on to remake Unlimited SaGa" or something.

Like, yeah. Redo a portion. That sounds damn fine. But don't set it up like that. You're shooting your own feet.

HA close, but I was planning on finishing after the hero gets expelled from razril, thats a big accomplishment :) and than if that came out good maybe I'll do more. But yeah, 108 characters is a lot of work.
It's been a long time since I've played S4, but I think that's probably a fairly obtainable goal.
Pages: 1