CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH:

Pages: 1
So, I intend to take the CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) this July.
I've never taken such a test before, and I have to say I'm quite anxious. All the level tests and stuff tell me to do it, which is awkward because CPE is a certificate for Advanced/Mastery level, and I certainly don't feel I have mastery in expressing myself in English? But perhaps that's just lack of confidence and self esteem. (I express myself very badly in my mother language, Portuguese, too. To the point I often notice people are just pretending to be listening and doing some other thing.)

Anyway, do you have any tips? Do you have any experiences with Cambridge English exams? I'm really, really nervous >_>
But I guess if I can do well on the CPE, my resumè will skyrocket.

>....<

Anyway, let's talk about our English Certificates!
I only have 2 -- the Teaching Knowledge Test bands 1 and 2. They're somewhat weak and though they are in English, the focus is teaching and not the language itself. It was a short test (80 min) and I felt somewhat confident.
You type pretty naturally for somebody who learned English as a second language. Your grammar is pretty good, too. I can't imagine you'll run into many problems!
I took a Cambridge English CEA exam last year and got rewarded with a Grade A. It was actually easier than I expected, and the only part I felt I had trouble with was the speaking part, because I'm not a great talker and I never practised English speaking much.
I also realised too late that I used too many words on the writing exercise (got carried away writing a funny story, lol), but apparently that didn't seem to have had much effect on my score since I still easily passed.

The best advice I could give is to not worry too much about it. If you can read and write most English texts without the need of a dictionary or spellchecker and are at least able to speak some English without utterly failing you should be fine.
Only English testing I've ever done was in my Matriculation Exam, where I got an E.
I'm sorry, what were you saying?
Pages: 1