[RMXP] NEED TESTERS TO TEST A COMPLETED GAME TRANSLATED IN ENGLISH

Pages: 1
Hello! We made a game collectively on a forum here in France, and I recently made a translation in english.
So now we'd need native english-speaking people to test it and check if all the sentences are correct and fluent in english.
(since the targeted language is rather american english, it'd be great to have testers from the U.S)

Here is some kind of trailer to help you find out what the game looks like, and if it appeals to you or not. It's an old video made when it was still in french, but don't worry everything in the game has been now translated in english. Except for the title that we wanted to keep in french (the title is "La septieme porte", which means "the seventh door") :

- It's on RMXP. It's all graphically custom, and most of the music in the game is from me.
- The project was about making new maps, in turns, from any member of our forum, improvising the story as they please. We managed to complete it 2 years ago.
- It's very scenario-based, with many different gameplays created by the various participants (no script except for the title-screen). Overall it's a kind of thriller (police investigation etc) with some supernatural elements.
- Estimated length : 2 hours depending on your speed, but of course here it is mostly required the testers take their time to analyse the texts & dialogues.
- Since some details may be a little crude in the game, it is not recommended for young audiences.

If you volunteer, please say it below, and I'll send you a pm with the download link.
Don't worry, I think most of the game is already translated in a rather proper english. :D But we need people to correct mistakes and make sure it is fluent enough.

I am living in the U.S., and have English as my primary language so I would like to test your game :)
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I'm proficient in English and hire myself out sometimes as a contracted proofreader so I'd be happy to test it out and let you know if there are errors.
Ok thank you, I'll send you both a pm!

Native English speaker here, and I'm happy to help out if you're looking for a third tester.
Ok, watch your mailbox.

Alright, I got 5 volunteers in total (on various forums), I think it will be enough (and already a lot of work for me).
So other people, no need to offer your services anymore. And good luck to the testers. :D

I know a tiny bit of French and have worked as an editor in the past, I would love to help out if I can.
You don't need to know french. :D
Well, some of the volunteers gave up, so ok I'll send you a pm.

Trihan
I'm still doing it, just had a lot of stuff on lately. You should get the next bit from me soon.
sinn
the original sinn
This is kinda cool! I'm interested.

I can provide some artwork too if i like the game enough :)
Alright I'll pm you as well.
Ok Trihan. (I was not thinking about you if this is what you thought :D)

I know some French, and English is my primary language. I would love to help! PM me if you are interested.
Thanks, I sent you a personal message.

Trihan
I should have my next bit in to you sometime this weekend sriden: I've been quite busy decorating my new flat lately so I haven't had the chance to properly sit down with it.
I´ll do it for free if you send me a link.
Yeah y'all must keep in mind this is for free, all you'll get is your pseudonym credited in the presentation of the game and in the ending credits at the end of the game (just like the rest of us who made the game). :D

I'll send you the link and the instructions via pm in a couple of minutes Abe, thanks.
Alright Trihan.

I close the participations for now, I don't want to have too many proofreaders / proofreadings to manage. If I feel short of feedbacks, I may open again some day.

Pages: 1