[RMN DRAMA] THE GUY WHO MADE THE FINAL FANTASY MYSTIC QUEST REMAKE IS TRYING TO SELL IT

Pages: first 123456 next last
...As an official Square Enix product, no less!

If I throw in an extra couple of bucks, will he include his FF4 remake?

Thoughts? I'm really amused and impressed by the gall of it all.

What I find particularly appalling, however, is if you navigate over to his website (not gonna link to it), right next to the link to buy his game for $8, is a link that says if you pay him $1000, he'll export your RPG Maker game to Android. That's pretty devious and I hope nobody's naive enough to fall for it.

Mods, if this is an inappropriate thread, feel free to lock it and I apologise in advance.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
That's hilarious.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Oh, it's that guy. I remember him and his terrible logo.

Oh boy, another fuckface that seems determined to sully the already sullied name of RPG Maker as hard as he possibly can. Hopefully Square can crush the guy before he does any more damage.

That website is a joke. "Our Team": One guy. "Our projects": One game. Yet you'd think it was an established brand by the way he talks out of his ass about it. I don't understand how he hasn't already been dismantled for insisting that Square-Enix is a client of his "company"
Looks like his site is down. Welp. I was gonna report him to RMW mods for that android shit. That's the kind of thing that they keep an eye out for.

author=Liberty
Looks like his site is down. Welp. I was gonna report him to RMW mods for that android shit. That's the kind of thing that they keep an eye out for.

His other site is still going strong though.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

Sick company setup, brah.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

behalf of SQUARE-ENIX.

The game is going to be episodic in distribution (a new episode every 3 months) and played online. There will be many quests in this game, making it more open world instead of linear as the previous Mystic Quest was. The world will constantly be updated to include new locations outside of the main quest locations, making the game a RPG / MMORG hybrid.

This is a (very) small preview of the game. We are looking to releasing the first episode, Moonglow, on December 1st, 2014 (the same day as Mystic Quest Remastered). It will be available on PC, Android and iPhone,

FAQ
Q.Why is the subtitle Seafall?
A. This game is set in the land of Seafall, at the edge of Gaia’s ocean. It begins where Square left off, with Benjamin (now Zash) and Tristam on Mac’s ship looking for precious items.

Q. Will the game be free?
A. Unlike Mystic Quest Remastered, Mystic Quest II will require an online subscription as it will be an online RPG. It won’t be expensive though, just enough to keep the server going!

Q. I love the new soundtrack! Can I download it?
A. The soundtrack is due to be released on iTunes when the game launches.

Q. Why the shift to an online game? Mystic Quest was single player?
A. We are moving the game online so it can be expanded on continuously, giving you new areas, dungeons and towns to explore and complete quests.It will also make the game more sandbox type, making it more fun in the long run!

Q. How complete is this preview?
A.,Very incomplete. This is just a tech demo. It’s going to change. Alot.

Q. Can I be a beta tester?
A. Sure! When the beta’s out, it will be free for everyone to try and improve the game via feedback.

lol

(emphasis mine)
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Interestingly enough, he is actually registered on Companies House, Kotaku did an article about the MQ remake and Square Enix is unsurprisingly pointing out that it's nothing to do with them.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
WAIT

They are involved with Kisareth studios?!

AHahahahahahaha those guys i swear
Trihan
Kisareth seems just as shady to be honest. :P
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Kisareth minions have been banned from RMN like what, two times now?

False reviews for shitty games. it's so laughable
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My memory's a bit fuzzy, but, isn't this the game that used one of TDS' scripts without proper permission?
Trihan
Oh no Marrend, apparently that was a "misunderstanding". Just like how apparently Square Enix USA got confused about the MQ remake because SE Europe is all for it and it's clearly a case of the divisions getting their wires crossed rather than Dark Design Games being full of excrement.

Because as we all know Square Enix approaches virtually unheard-of single-person games companies to remake their previous titles in RPG Maker ALL THE TIME.
I see all of this and really, it's just absolutely laughable.

And the game the remake is of, from what I saw on the internet, is not even that good! XD
Trihan
Mystic Quest is actually a pretty decent game. It's essentially My First Final Fantasy, and it undeniably has training wheels all over it, but it's a solid gaming experience and has one of my favourite boss themes ever.
author=Trihan
Mystic Quest is actually a pretty decent game. It's essentially My First Final Fantasy, and it undeniably has training wheels all over it, but it's a solid gaming experience and has one of my favourite boss themes ever.

Just to clarify, I didn't played it. It's just that the few articles and stuff about the game I saw on the internet weren't very favorable...
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Corfaisus
Sick company setup, brah.

Key emphasis on "sick." That bowl of food right next to the monitor makes me want to gag a little.
Pages: first 123456 next last