[REVIEW REQUEST]

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Yeah. I saw that it was a short completed puzzle game that wanted a review, so I figured "why not me?" And "why not now?" So I blazed through it and had a bit of fun with the cute title.
AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
Name: Immortal Sins
Link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/8291/
Genre: Fantasy RPG
Estimated length: 1 or 2 hours.
Small description: Step into the shoes of Maria, a noble girl on a distant island who was exiled for murdering a person of high importance, which she never committed. Now away from her mother and her little sister, she and Elena, a trainee Dragon slayer, will travel across cities and kingdoms to uncover the truth and seek redemption. However, what she finds may be the key to change the entire world…
Special requests: Not really. Although I'd like to know if the launcher is useful for the player.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Name: Neo Retro Super Mario Bros.
Link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/5563/
Genre: Action/Platformer
Estimated length: 2-3 hours
Small description: A Super Mario fangame made in the style of the first Super Mario game on the NES. Complete with 8 worlds and 33 levels to get your Mario game on!
Special requests: If you don't have SMBX, choose the download that has the program bundled with it. If you do, go with the regular download. Other than that, I'll leave this to whomever decides to review the game.
You know what, since I need some more games to review for the Review Fantasy IX event – sure, Ratty, I’ll give Neo Retro Super Mario Bros. a try!

I’ll see if I can get it done sometime by this week. :)

EDIT: Done. (And stupid volke_locke for beating me to the punch.)
I forgot to say when I did, but I added a review for Ink Travellers!
(it was a joy to play through)

Edit:

Review for The Great Empty, done.
I'm sorry it took so long, snowflake :)
Ratty524
author=Addit
You know what, since I need some more games to review for the Review Fantasy IX event – sure, Ratty, I’ll give Neo Retro Super Mario Bros. a try!

I’ll see if I can get it done sometime by this week. :)

Thanks!
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Name: Zero Gear Fighters
Link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/8255/
Genre: RPG
Estimated length: about one and a half hours.
small description: Will Zero Be Able to Save the Destines of Everyone in the Land of Val
Special requests: Please add a lot of pics so people understand the game better. Also try to write a fair review.
Ratty524
@dragonsprit: I got one up in the queue for you. One thing you might want to do, however, is fix that freezing issue so that your game can be played all the way through, but yeah I have quite a bit to say on it.
KrimsonKatt
Yes, I have fixed that freezing issue with philip and other stuff like that.
KrimsonKatt
Why people!? Why do you hate me?! Why did you are Zero Gear Fighters 1 star?! I fixed all of the problems in 1.6! It came out 2 days ago!!! You should get the new update now!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=dragonsprit99
Why people!? Why do you hate me?! Why did you are Zero Gear Fighters 1 star?! I fixed all of the problems in 1.6! It came out 2 days ago!!! You should get the new update now!

Please calm down. A game review isn't a personal attack. It's an evaluation of the game and the game alone. You are not a bad person and no one hates you. You just have a lot to learn about making a good game.

You made a bad game. That's not a sin or a crime. It is, in fact, the first step to making a good game. Listen to what people said and why they didn't like the game and try to improve.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
There's a tagline on the site that goes somewhere along the lines of "to make a good game you have to grind experience by making lots of tiny shitty games", and i feel it applies here.

Just keep doing your best and learn from people who are more experienced than you.
That review ratty left you was pretty awesome and useful, i reccommend you read it closely.
KrimsonKatt
Name: Dragon Ascension

Link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/8549/

Genre: RPG

Estimated Length: 1-3 hours

Small Description: A game were you play as a young preteen named Ryuuta. He has to save the 6 sages and their souls from the Hero-Turned-Villian Zero. With many hours of game play, optional side quests, secret bosses and characters, The Dragon's Ascension will be a journey that I think is epic. But you probably won't like it because Zero Gear Fighters is the worst game on this website and I made DA right after ZGF so you will 100% hate it because it uses RTP so yaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Special Requests: Please take some consideration when I say that THIS IS MY SECOND GAME AND THAT THIS GAME IS NOT COMPLETE! It will end suddenly, so expect it to end at any time. Currently, there is only 4 towns and 5 bosses. I will continue to add to the game soon.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=dragonsprit99
But you probably won't like it because Zero Gear Fighters is the worst game on this website and I made DA right after ZGF so you will 100% hate it because it uses RTP so yaaaaaaaaaaaah. But you probably won't like it because Zero Gear Fighters is the worst game on this website and I made DA right after ZGF so you will 100% hate it because it uses RTP so yaaaaaaaaaaaah.

You can make a great game with just the RTP. Most reviewers won't rate a good game poorly just because it's not all custom.
Ratty524
author=dragonsprit99
But you probably won't like it because Zero Gear Fighters is the worst game on this website and I made DA right after ZGF so you will 100% hate it because it uses RTP so yaaaaaaaaaaaah. But you probably won't like it because Zero Gear Fighters is the worst game on this website and I made DA right after ZGF so you will 100% hate it because it uses RTP so yaaaaaaaaaaaah.

So, just to let you know, I didn't rate your game down because it used RTP. I rated it down due to its lack of polish (getting your game in a fully playable state), poor writing, bad use of the RTP (I don't really care whether any game uses RTP or not), and not being that fun to play overall.

All of those can be fixed, and it's one of the common pitfalls for anyone just starting out in making games, not just you. So instead of going through a defeatist spiral, learn from the advice given to you and move on to either improve your game or make your new projects better.

Finally, I'll add that I've played games way worse, on this site and abroad, compared to yours. Again, you aren't the only one going through or have experienced these issues.
Oh my! It's been almost a year since I put mine up? I honestly forgot that I even put it in here hue. But I'd like to bring it back up, if I may. Still looking for some testing, reviewing, feedback, what-have-you. Still the same length as ever, and was just recently updated with new stuff so things should be better now (though obviously not everything is 100% polished up). Only 50% done still, so it'll let you know when you've reached it, though whether anyone fully gets through it all here on this site is a thing in itself (I don't think not a single person that's tried the game here has gone through the entire thing yet heh).

...Of course, if I'm not allowed to bring it back up, do let me know and I'll go to my corner. ^^
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=unity
author=dragonsprit99
You can make a great game with just the RTP.

Absolutely!
Welll, I'm not active at all in the site but...why the hell not. I've just released my first demo ever and I'm itching from somenoe to tear it a new one.
Name: The messenger and the cursed one
Link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/8619/
Genre: Classic fantasy jrpg
Estimated length: 1 hour
Small description: A man and a woman team up to deliver a life or death message. The game is a hard-ish dungeon crawler with some quests thrown in just because.
Special requests: Not really, I'm interested in an evaluation of all aspects of the game, as I'm not very confident in even one of them. :P
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Name: Mystic Dawn
Link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/6909/
Genre: Fantasy RPG
Estimated length: 1 hour
Small description: A post-finale RPG centered around a world's remaining loose end(s), including the one(s) you make for yourself.
Special requests: Standard-fare review.