REVIEW PENDING?

Pages: 1
Someone I know played my game recently, and told me he wrote a review. But, the review is pending, and has been for about 2 days now.

Is there a reason for this?
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Reviews are checked by Solitayre, it depends when he is around and if the review meets standards. If your friend doesn't get a response in a week then you might want to query it, anything up to that is within the normal range.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Wait a week and if it hasn't been accepted and posted contact Solitayre or have your friend look into the status of it.

Just be patient :)
Basically - and it is stated in various places like the submission rules (found in the footer) - most submissions can take up to a week until they see a response - either acceptance or denial. Usually it's a couple of days but we do have lives that don't revolve around RMN (oh, who am I kidding? I don't. But I'm sure Soli does. Maybe.) so waiting patiently is best.

In the case of acceptance - great. Good. Go you.

In the case of denial, the person handling that part of the queue (in this case Solitayre, with reviews and the like) will include a note telling you what needs fixing. Just fix and resubmit and so on and so-forth.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Pending. Adjective.

1. Planned to be completed.
2. Awaiting official approval or action.
author=Liberty
Basically - and it is stated in various places like the submission rules (found in the footer) - most submissions can take up to a week until they see a response - either acceptance or denial. Usually it's a couple of days but we do have lives that don't revolve around RMN (oh, who am I kidding? I don't. But I'm sure Soli does. Maybe.) so waiting patiently is best.

I didn't see any of that since I did not make the review, a review was made for me by someone I know. He messaged me like, "Hey I played your game and wrote a review. But it says it's pending, what's with that?"

author=LockeZ
Pending. Adjective.

1. Planned to be completed.
2. Awaiting official approval or action.

I know what pending means, thank you very much. I was just wondering why it was pending. I was under the assumption that when a review was written for someone online, boom there it was. I had not yet encountered a website where reviews needed to be approved.
Ours require approval as we deal with a system where people can unfairly weigh game scores - and have tried to do so in the past. We also demand a certain amount of words and that reviews be well written.

This separates them from normal comments which anyone can make to give feedback or leave their love. Reviews also gain you MS on the site which is basically a score that shows how much you've done for the site (basically).

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Koi
I had not yet encountered a website where reviews needed to be approved.
Uhh... Really? Most places where you send in a review you have to first submit a job application to be hired onto the staff as a reviewer, and then your reviews still go through an editor before they're posted on the website.
author=LockeZ
Uhh... Really? Most places where you send in a review you have to first submit a job application to be hired onto the staff as a reviewer, and then your reviews still go through an editor before they're posted on the website.

I'm not looking to argue.
LockeZ
Well I was all ready to argue with you about it, but now I wanna argue with you about why you don't wanna argue. That's crazy.
nhubi
You are RMN's resident antagoniser LockeZ, you're just being true to your nature.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=nhubi
Reviews are checked by Solitayre, it depends when he is around and if the review meets standards. If your friend doesn't get a response in a week then you might want to query it, anything up to that is within the normal range.

Aww come on I don't usually take a week...do I? I like to think in most cases I get to them within 24-48 hours.

Anyway, Koi, your friend's review does not meet our standards at this time. This article should help out http://rpgmaker.net/articles/783/
author=Solitayre
Anyway, Koi, your friend's review does not meet our standards at this time. This article should help out http://rpgmaker.net/articles/783/

Ah, I see. I'll let him know. Thank you.
nhubi
author=Solitayre
author=nhubi
Aww come on I don't usually take a week...do I? I like to think in most cases I get to them within 24-48 hours.

Usually, no not by any stretch. I believe the longest I've ever had something in the queue was 4 days and that was during a review event so you expect delays. On average I'd say it's around 48 hours, but you have a life outside of RMN I don't expect you to be at our beck and call, so a week seems reasonable to me.
Pages: 1