[RMVX ACE] WHAT TYPES OF GAMES ARE EASY TO MAKE?

Pages: 1
I was hoping to know what types of games are easiest to make. The games that complete noobs, who can barely use the software and can do nothing else such as spriting or scripting, should be making. Take into consideration the availability of resources and scripts.

First things that come to mind are point and click adventures and traditional turn based rpgs.
Shit. Shit games are easy to make.

Serious games aren't.

Frankly, it depends on your skills. Some people find it easier to make silly adventure games while others find it easier to make visual novels. It also depends on the software you're using and how familiar you are with it.

And whether you care if the game is shit or not, of course. ^.^

Comedy games that are silly, fun little things are easy to make. Especially if you're just wandering around collecting items for whatever reason. Need the 6 McGuffins to save the world? Here, have a world map with 6 bosses. Have at.
What would you suggest a complete noob to make?
A silly comedic game/parody with no concrete storyline and using vanilla resources (i.o.w, default RTP ). Or a simple adventure where your main character just needs to collect an item/find a lost treasure etc. to complete the quest.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Liberty
Comedy games that are silly, fun little things are easy to make. Especially if you're just wandering around collecting items for whatever reason. Need the 6 McGuffins to save the world? Here, have a world map with 6 bosses. Have at.

*uncomfortible laughter*
author=SaitenHazard
What would you suggest a complete noob to make?

Anything short and silly. Just get familiar with the tools you're using first. ^.^

If you want, I'm challenging myself to a 'break' game right now. Make a game in 1 day. Items must include chocolate eggs, a pencil, a sketchbook. Places included - large church or principals office.

Something short and stupid and funny. ^.^ Feel free to jump on board and challenge yourself.
Anything YOU feel is easy to make, do it. That's my personal opinion.

I think Liberty put it best, though, honestly; short lil' fun comedic games are a good place to start to familiarize yourself with RPG Makers' features/mechanics.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
ABS doesn't seem as an easy path to me. Liberty's suggestion is right. Make short games and have fun. HAVE FUN. When you feel comfortable enuf about your skills, you can move on real projects. And having fun while doing them as it was what you wanted from the beginning.
Pages: 1