[RMVX ACE] MAKING SOUNDS STOP IN PARALLEL PROCESSES

Pages: 1
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Okay, I've made a title screen. When ever I highlight a selection, I want it to play cursor1 in the sound effects. I want to only do it once and then I want it to not do it again. Apparently, Stop SE doesn't perform this function. Not only that, I want to make the sound every time I highlight a different option, every single time I highlight it. Been working on this problem for three hours. How do I make this work?
pianotm
It's okay, I figured it out.
Put the play sound effect code in a branch and use a switch to control when it's allowed to play.
pianotm
author=Link_2112
Put the play sound effect code in a branch and use a switch to control when it's allowed to play.

Thank's, I figured it out. The way to get it to work with switches requires pages and pages of eventing. That's what I originally did. I'm already thin on top. Pulling out hair is not something I need to do.

I tie my conditional branches to key strokes. No switches. One page, four conditional branches. When pressing up play cursor1, and wait 10 frames.
Hmm, not sure how it would require pages and pages. If you have a list of commands, one which is sound effect, the only thing you would be adding is that branch and a turn switch OFF command. Then use keypresses to turn the switch ON. Although, it seems like your solution is neater. I just can't imagine mine taking pages.

I think stress is making you exaggerate heh
pianotm
author=Link_2112
Hmm, not sure how it would require pages and pages. If you have a list of commands, one which is sound effect, the only thing you would be adding is that branch and a turn switch OFF command. Then use keypresses to turn the switch ON. Although, it seems like your solution is neater. I just can't imagine mine taking pages.

I think stress is making you exaggerate heh

Stress kept me from seeing the simple solution. It was when I posted that I realized it would be easier to tie it to keystrokes instead of events. But I had already tried tying it to a switch. It just kept repeating the sound unrelentingly no matter how I tried to code it. The problem came in the fact that I couldn't just end the event, because I was essentially creating cursor noise. It had to keep doing it every time pressed the button.
Pages: 1