[DONE] THE GREAT RMN MIGRATION

Pages: first 1234 next last
RMN is moving!

We recently purchased a new server which actually turned out to be a bit more powerful than our current server (with a faster network connection) for less money!

On Saturday, March 21st at about 9:00 AM CDT (you can use http://www.timeanddate.com/ to find out what time that is in your location!) I will freeze the current site and put up a splash page alerting visitors to the move. This will ensure that I have the latest copy of all game downloads, images, locker files, etc. as well as the latest copy of the site's database.

A few weeks ago I completed a move of all of the site's files and have been syncing the changes every few days so that I don't have to move 400GB of files Saturday morning.

After the move is complete I will do some testing to make sure everything is working as expected and then I will update the DNS. DNS changes can take up to 24 - 48 hours to move throughout the Internet, but if you are using a third party DNS server (like Google or OpenDNS) it will probably only be a few hours.

For most people, the site should only be down 4-5 hours, but it could take 24-48 hours before you are able to see the new site...

Feel free to visit us on IRC while the site is down, or use the downtime to work on your games!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
A weekend without RMN...I might even go outside.

Thanks Anky, we knew it was coming (well those of us who listened to the podcast) and now we know when. I hope it goes as smoothly as you planned.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Thanks so much ankylo. You're the glue that keeps this site from falling apart. Gracias!
Ah, lovely~ I'm glad this is happening - it's been a long time coming. Thanks a ton, Ankylo!
It couldn't come at a better time, I'll be just arriving in Newfoundland on my break, so I won't even need RMN!

...That's what every addict says, isn't it?

Thanks a whole bunch, Ankylo.
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
OK everyone, get ready for a new ..........FUND DRIVE....

That was a joke, please don't fill my inbox with hate mail, I already got enough :(

And thanks for the heads up....maybe I can get caught up on the games I have not had time to play till now :)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I LIKE MORE POWER LESS MONEY
author=ankylo
RMN is moving!

We recently purchased a new server which actually turned out to be a bit more powerful than our current server (with a faster network connection) for less money!

On Saturday, March 21st at about 9:00 AM CDT (you can use http://www.timeanddate.com/ to find out what time that is in your location!) I will freeze the current site and put up a splash page alerting visitors to the move. This will ensure that I have the latest copy of all game downloads, images, locker files, etc. as well as the latest copy of the site's database.

A few weeks ago I completed a move of all of the site's files and have been syncing the changes every few days so that I don't have to move 400GB of files Saturday morning.

After the move is complete I will do some testing to make sure everything is working as expected and then I will update the DNS. DNS changes can take up to 24 - 48 hours to move throughout the Internet, but if you are using a third party DNS server (like Google or OpenDNS) it will probably only be a few hours.

For most people, the site should only be down 4-5 hours, but it could take 24-48 hours before you are able to see the new site...

Feel free to visit us on IRC while the site is down, or use the downtime to work on your games!

Hey Mister Dinosaur, can you make a redirect, or some big RPGMAKER.NET HAS MOVED HERE, so if I don't find out until too late I know where you moved?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
oops it looks like the download for pom gets wifi was somehow lost during the server move
author=bulmabriefs144
author=ankylo
RMN is moving!

Hey Mister Dinosaur, can you make a redirect, or some big RPGMAKER.NET HAS MOVED HERE, so if I don't find out until too late I know where you moved?

Umm, it will still be http://rpgmaker.net

It just PHYSICALLY will be on another server (and technically IP address, I suppose). But the URL will still be our old standby.
Ah okay.

author=charblar

That is epic win.

Also, I heard that birds actually use a magnetic homing system, so yea, not so much moon and stars.
Dangit, now I'm gonna have to retrain all my pidgeons so they can reach the new site!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=ankylo

This is the best thing
author=Linkis
OK everyone, get ready for a new ..........FUND DRIVE....

That was a joke, please don't fill my inbox with hate mail, I already got enough :(

And thanks for the heads up....maybe I can get caught up on the games I have not had time to play till now :)
well... we are paying for two servers for one month, for the overlap, so we are kind of out $150 during this transition...

E:
basically, i won't say no to a donation!
Time to download a lot of games before the move starts! There are actually quite a few I haven't finished playing though, so this is a good chance to catch up on them.

I'm glad this is happening. And congrats on the better server, that sounds literally amazing. :D
((and btw, that land before time picture is my childhood!))
Pages: first 1234 next last