HELP OPENING AND USING ZELDA CLASSIC 2.50

Pages: 1
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
If you remember me, you know I love the original Zelda game.
I've downloaded the Zelda Classic 2.5 to play a game I found on RMN.
The problem is this program is not that simple to open and play a game as is the ACE, VX or other engines.
I found the following that includes 4 exe applications which is usually what I click on to load and play a game on this site.

Can anyone tell me what to click on to get a game to work. REMEMBER, I'm a software DUMMIE :)

romview-exe applicatin 1534kb
zelda-w-exe application 3389kb
zlaunch-w-exe application 3790kb
zquest-w-exe application 4250kb

OK, all software educators can apply at this time :)

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
"Zelda-w" Lauches the main quest game and loads up custom games. This is the one you want to go to to play stuff. To load up a custom game, create a file and name your character, then select the file and press "alt" to load up your custom quests, the rest should be easy to figure out.

"ZLauch-w" is just a launcher that lets you choose either to launch the game or bring up the editor, which is...

"Zquest-w", the main level editor that allows you to create custom Zelda games.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Note: Zelda Classic has bugs. Sometimes you need to delete it and download it again. Also using rubies also takes away your arrows.
Linkis
Now ya tell me ?? :)
Maybe ZC isn't as great as I was hoping it would be :(
ZC is still going?! :o Wow. Talk about a blast from the past. I tried making stuff in it around 7 years ago.

It's got a lot of bugs and issues, but it's still a fun engine with a few good quests. It's just a tremendous pain to develop for.

If you're looking for what is, IMO, the BEST ZC game ever made, I highly recommend "Hero of Dreams" by shoelace.

Seriously, I don't think it's possible to get more out of the engine than that game. Definitely worth the hassle of getting ZC to work on your computer.
Linkis
"Hero of Dreams" you say ??

I usually put a game ICON on my desktop (windows 8.1)
Do you know if you can put an ICON for that game on you desktop so you don't have to keep going into ZC to load it every time ??
I think you need to go into ZC every time you want to load a Quest/Game. That's just how the engine is, man. *shrug*
Pages: 1