MISCHIEF LIST MAKER

Pages: first prev 123 next last
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Sucking Up! (To the past and present keepers of RMN.)

http://rpgmaker.net/users/kory_toombs/playlists/53746/
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Perhaps instead of a specific approval process for playlists, RMN could introduce something like a spotlight for a good playlist once every so often. That way, people could still freely put together their own playlists, but playlists would also be given more public attention.

I will leave my recommendations playlist here:
http://rpgmaker.net/users/NeverSilent/playlists/47257/
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well I mean, right now, very close to 100% of the playlists on RMN are just "games I wanna play." I actually really like the way Kentona described the system a lot, where it's basically a custom user-made subgenre of games. But the kinds of playlists people are creating prevent it from being usable like that. I seriously doubt that those people really want (or even are aware of, in most cases) their playlists getting linked to on the game's game page. If they understood what the system was for they wouldn't, at least.

In lieu of an approval process, maybe just mark all existing playlists as private, and add a few paragraphs of instructions on the playlist page that if your playlist is public it should be a fun category of games that is useful to all users, with a few examples. Because, demonstrably, everyone is setting their playlists as public without realizing that.

I would be willing to actually do the approval process, though, if none of the staff have time. It's something that affects other people's game pages, and if it works right then it'll help people find games they wanna play and improve the usability of the site in general for consumers, so I think it's worth getting it right.
How goes the Mischief List making?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Welp, I got this list of games set in Minnesota.

http://rpgmaker.net/users/Cap_H/playlists/53717/
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
LockeZ whilst in principle that's not a bad idea, it would actually make something I used the playlist for in the past impossible. I set up a 'games without a review' one and made it public so a few others who had taken on the idea of trying to clear the backlog of unreviewed games could see what I had on my list and target different ones, and I could see theirs and do the same. If we couldn't make it public we couldn't have done that.

I also tend to look at people who've reviewed a game and I like their arguments I'll have a look and see if they've got a playlist of games they simply want to play, and check them out. I don't use the playlists to find games that are similar, I use them to find users that are.
sinn
the original sinn
Hello, Mischief is a great software, if not for its flexible vector based painting.

Here's en entry, http://rpgmaker.net/users/sinnelius/playlists/44229/
games that goes through great length to define its personality despite its engine.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
...There is a built-in feature on RMN for listing games without a review. You don't need a playlist for that, nor would it be realistically possible to maintain. You would need a hyperbolic time chamber to pull it off.

Your second idea is completely nonsensical because that person hasn't played those other games. You have no idea whether they'd like the games or not. Look up other reviews by that person, sure, that makes sense. Look up games that they haven't played but were recommended to them by someone? WTF?

Regardless, one person who made up their own uses that are in direct opposition to the intended use the admin created the feature for is not a reason to not fix the system.
Yume Scary
Those ethereal mindfuck games that seem so popular nowadays.

Robots make games better
Games with robots in them

Vaporitis
Games that will never be finished...
sinn
the original sinn
author=kentona
Yume ScaryThose ethereal mindfuck games that seem so popular nowadays.

Robots make games better
Games with robots in them

Vaporitis
Games that will never be finished...

Is it just me or your Battledome is accidentally included in the game that will never be finished? I kinda look forward to it.

And you should include OFF in the ethereal mindfuck games.
Black and White
Not creative, certainly not original but hopefully helpful. Games in black and white.

e: the playlist thing is being buggy. I tried to rearrange the games so that the best ones are on top, but now they completely disappeared and it won't let me add them back. Halp.
e2: never mind, deleted that and created a new one. It's still a problem that needs to be fixed though.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=LockeZ
Regardless, one person who made up their own uses that are in direct opposition to the intended use the admin created the feature for is not a reason to not fix the system.

From the OP
author=kenoina
This will allow you to make collection of games for any reasons, but maybe you like to have a group of games sorted into a category that you want to play later, or are playing now.

How is what I did, making a subjectively chosen list I wished to play from all the available games without a review (currently sitting at over 900) and making that available to others with a similar idea, in any way going against the original idea of the playlists? I'm curious.

Until such time as there are rules in regard to playlists, I'll use them as I see fit, and when there are rules I'll abide by them.
As a late mention, the only thing I'd like to see from playlists is being notified when your game is added to one, or having some kind of count like the subscribers count or something. At least make it a stat in some way like that, to gauge popularity or something.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I'm a puzzler, not a fighter
Games that focus on puzzles or puzzle-like gameplay, but feature little to no combat

Post-Battle Heal
Games that heal you after you win/lose/escape combat
(This should be a lot longer, please suggest games)

Actually funny
Games that can make you laugh... results less than guaranteed! (Note: this list is subjective)

Craving Controversy
Warning: the following games may offend some people. Some intentionally.
Contest Winners
Only contests that have an event page here are included.
I don't know about other ones that might have been hosted on the forums, sorry if I missed any of them.

Om Nom Nom
Games about food. More an idea for a playlist than an actual playlist, to be honest.

Band Games
Only two games, really? RMN needs more of these!
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
I decided to make the playlist I'm doing for this contest my default; so far it's mainly games that I haven't played that look interesting. Can we submit , then add more?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=BurningTyger
Can we submit , then add more?

author=kentona
You can submit multiple play lists if you like.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=pianotm
Unity Games

I was half hoping to see Luxaren Allure, Remnants of Isolation and Wyrm Warriors on this list.
Pages: first prev 123 next last