[RMVX ACE] HOW DO I MAKE IT HAPPEN?

Pages: 1
Okay, so in my game there's this scene which the player is pursuited by a ghost, and the only way to escape the room is jamming multiple times till it opens. I used variables, and if the variable is equal to 20, the player will escape the room. I created the event page which the trigger is action, and this is how it looks like:

Play SE "Open2" 80, 100
Control Variables: = +1

So the plus 1 adds to the number of times the player presses the button. It will add up till it's 20. But when I playtested it, when I press the button to jam, the door opens right away!! Why are the variables not working? It getting me in a fit of rage. Please help me!!!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The thing that comes to my mind is, perhaps, the obvious question: Are you certain you set the conditions of Page 2 for that door-event to have the variable that is incremented on Page 1 to be greater than, or equal to, 20?
author=Marrend
The thing that comes to my mind is, perhaps, the obvious question: Are you certain you set the conditions of Page 2 for that door-event to have the variable that is incremented on Page 1 to be greater than, or equal to, 20?

Yeah, but it still Dosent work.
Show us an image of both pages. It should help us figure out the issue.

Marrend
Hrm. I'm kinda grasping at straws over here, but, perhaps that variable is used elsewhere? If so, it might be possible that the value is already over 20. The way to check that is to do a test-play, press F9 when you get to that door, and look for the variable that the door is supposed to check for. If it is near 20, or just plain not-0, then, you'd need to find the instances where else it gets altered (Or just use a different variable?). Otherwise, well, I don't think I can help without some kind of visual (read: screenshots) showing what's going on with this event.
Well, the 1st page is the event after the player gets the key, the door is locked, and she is pursuited. The second event page is the conditional branch. But it still Dosent work :(
Marrend
I'm not even asking about the context of what's happening in the game when players reach that door. I'm asking about what the value of the variable you're checking against both before and after players do anything with that door.

Also, what's this about a conditional branch on page 2? As in the event command? What is it checking? What happens when the check succeeds? Is there a failure clause?

*now more confused*

*Edit: I've got a really weird question. Can players get to this door before getting the key you're mentioning? I mean, with how you're describing this, players are supposed to have that key to unlock the door, but, if this is, somehow, not the case... well, let's focus on getting the door to open when that variable hits 20.
He key is actually not the key to the locked door. The key is to the entrance, which is in the next room.
Make a screenshot of the events in question, please! If we can't see your coding it's going to be all guesswork.
Good news! I solved my problem! In the second page, I did conditional branch, and it says if greater or equal to 20. The else is the number of times jamming, and there we go!

That is all you needed to do, from the sounds of it. Page two, under the conditions, set the variable to 20. When the variable interaction on the first page becomes 20, it switches to the second page and then you run the code for that. Simple.
Marrend
author=Liberty

This is exactly what I meant when I said...

author=Marrend

...that. The response I got was... oh, nevermind.
Sometimes images work better to illustrate. ^.^;
Pages: 1