[RMVX ACE] LOOKING FOR RUBY LANGUAGE TUTORIALS

Pages: 1
Tried googling. Each one seems slightly different especially the headers. None works in codeblocks. Majoring in Computer Science. Would like a tutorial that will work in oodeblocks and be extensive enough that I can learn it alongside my entire Computer Science major.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
What is it specifically that you want to learn about? I'm guessing my Slip into Ruby series isn't extensive enough for your needs.
author=Trihan
What is it specifically that you want to learn about? I'm guessing my Slip into Ruby series isn't extensive enough for your needs.
I don't know. What would the most complicated thing I could do after I am done with your tutorial?
Trihan
Again, depends on what it is you're looking to do. There isn't really a hard and fast complexity list of things you can do with a programming language, and generally you create a piece of code because you need something specific done.
author=Trihan
Again, depends on what it is you're looking to do. There isn't really a hard and fast complexity list of things you can do with a programming language, and generally you create a piece of code because you need something specific done.
I will give it a shot. It would be awesome to be able to make all those tiny script changes that you end up doing for me :D
Trihan
That's basically just knowing where in the scripts things get done, knowing how they work, and subsequently knowing what you need to change to make it behave differently. There isn't really a tutorial for that. :P
author=Trihan
That's basically just knowing where in the scripts things get done, knowing how they work, and subsequently knowing what you need to change to make it behave differently. There isn't really a tutorial for that. :P
In that case. How do you know where everything is?
Presumably, if you can understand the language, you can quite literally read the scripts to see what they do. The toughest part would be getting a handle on the classes and vocabulary. I'm quite new to all of this too, so I apologize, I'm not certain of the exact syntax I'm looking for. But yeah, best way to familiarize yourself with how RMVX/ace handles things is to jump right in and examine how it's all put together!
Trihan
SaitenHazard: let's say I want to change something in battles. Logic dictates that it's probably somewhere in BattleManager or Scene_Battle, so I look in there to find the method that corresponds to what I want to change, then basically just comb through it until I have an idea of how to accomplish the thing I want.
Pages: 1