[RMVX ACE] EVENTING A QUICK TIME EVENT

Pages: 1
Walk me through the eventing of a quick time event. The player needs to press which ever button appears on screen like in the god of war series.

Thnak you.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
The way I would do it would be to have a parallel process event showing the pictures for the buttons, with waits for however long you have between each one. Each time it shows a new picture it sets a variable to 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 (and so on if you have more than 6 possible buttons) or a combination of two of those (if you want multiple buttons at once). After each wait command have a conditional branch checking whether a switch called hit_successful is on: if so, do whatever coding you wanted for a hit. In the else, do what you wanted for a miss. After the branch, turn hit_successful off.

Then I would have another parallel process event with a conditional branch for hit_successful being off. Inside this branch it sets a second variable to 0, checks whether each key that will be used is being pressed, and in each one it will add the appropriate binary value to the second variable. After these branches will be a branch that checks whether the first variable's value is equal to the second, in which case set hit_successful to on. In the else, set it to off.

Pages: 1