SO... IGMC 2015

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
RMW just posted a thread about it a couple of days ago. Yep, looks like IGMC 2015 is going to happen! Degica has even set up a new site to talk about the IGMC among other things development related. For the IGMC specifically, there's a Q&A thread here. From the sound of things, no details have been hammered out other than a) it's going to happen and b) it will be different from last year in terms of judging.

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on IGMC 2015? Are you planning to enter? Are you not? Let's talk about it.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I would love to enter! I was chatting about this the other day, and I think it's a fun chance to stretch out and experiment, and maybe work with some cool people! But I don't wanna stress out too much about the challenge or the prize, haha. So I guess I'll end up treating it like I do any other game jam.

(I can't pretend the prize money wouldn't be nice, though... I could totally justify dumping it all into more game make if I won)
guys give up i already won 2015's edition. it's fate.

ok jk again

but I'm gonna try, I guess it's worth it! I feel I can come up with something descent. (that was a hint. at what I might do. If it fits the theme. Lol. Something descent.)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Well, I have been in a game-making slump. So, maybe, something like this could be exactly what I need to get out of that?
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm going to sit it out this year and give some love to other projects that need work. Best of luck to everyone that enters! ^_^

author=slash
(I can't pretend the prize money wouldn't be nice, though... I could totally justify dumping it all into more game make if I won)

That's exactly what I'm doing with my winnings from last year ^_^ It's all going towards resources, art, etc for new games.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
I'll enter for the hell of it it's a break from other projects so when I finish I'll be a little more refreshed to work on them as well and as slash said money is money.
yay another 5 month stretch where all my staff abandon me yaaaaayyy
Very likely not. I think I put together a pretty rad game last year, and the judges tore it apart. Their concept of "a good game" and mine were on two totally different wavelengths, which is fine--I get that--but it also meant that I spent an entire summer month working on a game that got buried under 700+ other entries when I could have used that time to work on something more important. I definitely did learn a lot from last year, so it was a worthwhile experience, but if I'm ever going to finish Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass, I'll have to sit contests like this out. My competitive instincts still make me want to join, though.
You will not lose me... much. ;p
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I don't think I'll be participating this year, either. I got some RL commitments in the next few months that will prevent me from giving it my full attention. If I was going to participate, I wanted to do my absolute best.

Anyway, the thing that really stuck out to me was the promise of being more inclusive of more non RM engines. This year's contest will probably see more games made in Unity, Unreal, etc. I'm really interested in seeing the ratio of RM to non RM games.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I'd be down for this the same way I'd be down for anything else and never following up on it.

Nah really I made an intentionally shitty game in 4 days for this event, I'm sure I can spend about a month making a good one.
I won't even pretend to delude myself into participating this year. People who are in it all have talent, motivation, drive, and interesting game ideas.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS

I'll probably make a decision on participation at the last second, as usual. I don't want to harbor fantasies about winning a bunch of money and get really stressed out, so maybe I'll just do another 3-day jam like I did with Mirror Boy, if I do anything.

author=Housekeeping
Very likely not. I think I put together a pretty rad game last year, and the judges tore it apart.

Wait, did we get feedback on our entries? I didn't know that >_>
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=kentona
I won't even pretend to delude myself into participating this year. People who are in it all have talent, motivation, drive, and interesting game ideas.
author=slash

I got my feedback from archeia over at RMW. She made a few posts asking people who didn't have feedback to PM her. You might want to try contacting her if you still haven't heard anything.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ah, well I was in the Non-RPG category, so it would've been someone else. I kinda totally forgot about the contest after finishing my game, hah.
At best I'll use it as an excuse to start another project that'll never get done nor released. In other words, business as usual! Maybe it'll be in unreal or unity, I've been playing around a bit with them recently.
author=kentona

Dude. HR2. Doooo iiiiiit! Monies.

It can be demoooooo~
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Housekeeping
author=slash
I got my feedback from archeia over at RMW. She made a few posts asking people who didn't have feedback to PM her. You might want to try contacting her if you still haven't heard anything.

Interesting, I don't know if I should bother, though, since Densetsu no Kusoge didn't even make it past the initial screening, according to a PM by Liberty.
Housekeeping's made it past the cut-off line and thus had written feedback. Those that didn't make it past didn't get feedback, sorry. >.<;