SO... IGMC 2015

****anxiously waiting for the IGMC results****
we didn't make a speculations topic here yet... with the results so close it could be fun but at the sime time not?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yup! We finished judging the games, we just have to wait on the Humble Bundle and Guest Judges to give their input, but that might take a while (a week or three) depending on their schedules. That said, they have the top 10 and said 10 will be released to the public this Saturday (American time, probably) so that people can have a look and cheer on their favourites.

We have had a great amount of games come through - a lot of really good ones - and it was hard to narrow it down to a top ten. Ultimately, we're pretty jazzed with the list we've gotten, and while a lot of great games couldn't fit on that list, we're proud of what is on there.
yess!!! 2 days or three weeks, it's close nonetheless :D
I'm eager for the partial results on the 10th (tomorrow-ish as it's 1 am/9th here eheheh >_>) and can't wait to see what's coming up. Just recently I remembered that the IGMC 2014 game Unraveled now has music by HIROKI FUCKING KIKUTA and that made me burn to see what sorts of awesomeness will be crystallized through this event *u*
http://blog.gamedevfort.com/igmc-top-ten/
Top ten list is out! Good job to those who made it!
I believe Grist of Flies is also on the site.

They're all pretty great games and deserve a check-out.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I should check on these games. Spirits and Grist look toty sweet. I gotta give them some beating. And Bosstardion of course. It seems people took it really seriously (again).
Personally, I'm thrilled to see result of engines category. These are mostly Maker games, some unity added to the mix... I can't see GameGuru titles anywhere.
Yeah Grist of Flies is also on this site. This is the only site that has a topic about the game besides its IGMC contest page, since this was by far the best way to host it.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, but either way I can see that a great game's gonna win regardless. (I still have to play a couple though)

It's also cool to see the Adventure genre love this contest got.
I'll be rooting for Free Spirits as well! ^v^
Grist of Flies looks amazing though. I still haven't got to play it...
A lot of RMN games did really well outside of the top ten. I'm proud of the great representation the site put out there. ^.^
Yeah! There were so many cool games to play, I really liked what I'd played so far. It was really fun hanging out with friends and tryin' out some new games, y'know?
I'll hafta try out the ones I haven't yet played on the top 10 list, eh? <W<
I'm not surprised at all at the Top Ten. XD
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Salim? But it had a bug. I couldn't finish first time around because the kebab never turned up in my inventory. I thought bugged games were automatically disqualified? (I was stuck so I asked around and the kebab seemed to be important to continue)

Only if the judges met with the bug. I don't think any of us got it, so... I mean, you can only say there was a bug if you saw it yourself, since we kept away from any kind of stuff about the games. I had no issue getting the kebab. I used the hell out of it to splash the kitty, too. It did get me shot though. Damn kebab. :<
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Ah, ok then, that's cool. I replayed and avoided the bug, actually I should ask what terminology do we use for a bug that only happens under certain situations? Like in this one it seemed to me that if I got the scene with the kebab comment before I entered the shop them it turned up, but if I entered the shop first and then looked at the sign it didn't turn up.
I don't know what else to call it but a bug. It's not game breaking in that I could (and did) replay it and get the item I needed but first run through I was stuck.
Well, we allowed for optional bugs as long as they weren't game breaking - though if someone had run into that one within the first 5-10 minutes part of judging it would have probably gotten nixxed. Luckily for it, it wasn't.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Liberty
I had no issue getting the kebab. I used the hell out of it to splash the kitty, too. It did get me shot though. Damn kebab. :<
You see Ivan
Vhen combine cat army and dispense automatik Libby
Kebab is of remove... everywhere!
author=nhubi
I replayed and avoided the bug, actually I should ask what terminology do we use for a bug that only happens under certain situations?

In the QA sphere if you encounter a major bug you test to see if it's Reproducible. Sometimes you put a % like a 100% if the bug was always encountered in your playtests or 50% if only encountered in half of them. You can also say Always or Sometimes or Random.

I also fortunately didn't encounter the bug although at least one other judge mentioned the game was buggy for them. Still it scored high enough to keep it in the running.