SECRET

Pages: 1
sinn
the original sinn

Whoever plays this game, let me know.

Was going through Square Enix history and legend of mana to scour for...action rpg framework.
Then this thing, looks like fallout and a mix of some western sunday cartoon
with your typical bullying white blonde kid.

Magical!
Not sure what exactly you're trying to say but Yes, Secret of Evermore was the bomb.
Although it was published by Square, it was made in the USA by a dedicated team, so it contains a lot of content unique to North American tastes. They were trying to capture the success of Secret of Mana and amplify it with a setting that would appeal to people in the west. But, it didn't sell as well as they'd hoped, and the team was disbanded.
sinn
the original sinn
Ah, a dedicated team...
I wonder why do they not sell as well...
Despite disjointed japanese blend of western fantasy, for some reason the content is entirely plausible than, their own fellow westerner....

Not to mention they all have the same framework...maybe slight difference in artstyle and UX...but then, this thing is gorgeous, or as i watch it in youtube...

I wonder if RM can provide similar framework?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Secret of Evermore is probably my favourite game ever - in part admittedly due to nostalgia since I played the heck out of this game as a child. It has influenced my ideals of what a good (action) RPG should play like a lot. I know there's a lot of people who don't like it that much, but in my humble opinion they're just wrong.

Man, now I just want to go and play Evermore again.
Pages: 1