NHL 2015 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS / POOL PREDICTION THREAD

Pages: first 1234 next last

After a long, grueling 82 game NHL season has finally come to a close, the beginning of hockey’s second season can finally begin: The Stanley Cup Playoffs!

16 teams will battle in 4 different rounds until only one can remain standing and hoist the coveted cup – but who will it be???

Will it be one of the heavy favorites from the regular season this year, like Anaheim, Chicago or the New York Rangers? Or will it be one of the underdogs, like Minnesota or the Nashville Predators that will come out of nowhere to take it this year? Or perhaps one of the Canadian teams, like the Winnipeg Jets or the Montreal Canadians might finally bring the cup back to Canada after 22 long years?

Along with participating in the ongoing discussions throughout the entire Stanley Cup Playoffs in this thread, we will also be having a playoff prediction pool for the ultimate bragging rights here on RMN!

- Let the quest for the cup begin!!!

How To Play:
Basically all you have to do is pick the winner of each series above and how many games that each series will go for all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals and who you think will ultimately win the Stanley Cup.

For each correct guess that you make, you will receive 2 points! And if you manage to also predict how many games that particular series will go – you’ll get an extra point! At the end of the playoffs, the person with the most points is the winner of the pool.

Leaderboard:
1st – UPRC – 17 Pts
T-2nd – Kentona – 15 Pts
T-2nd – Addit – 15 Pts
4th – GreatRedSpirit – 12 Pts
5th – kory_toombs – 3 Pts

Addit's Picks
ROUND ONE
Wild in 7
Preds In 6
Jets In 7
Nucks In 7
Habs In 6
Bolts In 5
Rangers In 5
Caps In 6

ROUND TWO
Preds In 6
Jets In 5
Bolts In 6
Caps In 7

CONFERENCE FINALS
Jets In 6
Caps In 6

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Caps In 7

kentona's Picks
ROUND ONE
Blues in 6
Preds in 7
Ducks in 6
Nucks in 5
Habs in 5
Bolts in 5
Rangers in 6
Isles in 7

ROUND TWO
Blues in 7
Ducks in 5
Bolts in 7
Rangers in 5

CONFERENCE FINALS
Ducks in 7
Rangers in 6

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Rangers In 7

UPRC's Picks
ROUND ONE
Wild in 5
Hawks in 7
Ducks in 5
Nucks in 6
Habs in 5
Bolts in 6
Pens in 6
Caps in 7

ROUND TWO
Hawks in 6
Ducks in 6
Habs in 5
Pens in 7

CONFERENCE FINALS
Ducks in 7
Habs in 7

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Habs in 6

GreatRedSpirit's Picks
ROUND ONE
Wild in 6
Preds in 7
Jets in 6
Flames in 6
Sens in 7
Bolts in 5
Rangers in 4
Isles in 5

ROUND TWO
Preds in 5
Flames in 7
Sens in 6
Rangers in 5

CONFERENCE FINALS
Flames in 6
Sens in 5

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Flames in 7

kory_toombs' Picks
ROUND ONE
Blues in 5
Hawks in 6
Jets in 7
Nucks in 7
Sens in 6
Red Wings in 5
Pens in 6
Isles in 6

ROUND TWO
Blues in 7
Nucks in 5
Sens in 7
Pens in 6

CONFERENCE FINALS
Nucks in 6
Sens in 7

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Nucks in 7
My picks

ROUND ONE
Canadiens in 5
Tampa in 5
Rangers in 6
Islanders in 7

Blues in 6
Predators in 7
Ducks in 6
Vancouver in 5

ROUND 2
Tampa in 7
Rangers in 5
Blues in 7
Ducks in 5

CONFERENCE FINALS
Rangers in 6
Ducks in 7

FINALS
Rangers in 7
Hmm!

Round One
Minnesota in 5.
Chicago in 7.
Anaheim in 5.
Vancouver in 6.
Montreal in 5.
Tampa Bay in 6.
Pittsburgh in 6.
Washingon in 7.

Round Two
Chicago in 6.
Anaheim in 6.
Montreal in 5.
Pittsburgh in 7.

Conference Finals
Anaheim in 7.
Montreal in 7.

Stanley Cup Finals
Montreal in 6.
What?? San Jose didn't make it this year? Fuck this
The thing with Montreal is that they can't beat Tampa AND some douche goon will run him and injure him early.
author=kentona
My picks

ROUND ONE
Canadiens in 5
Tampa in 5
Rangers in 6
Islanders in 7

Blues in 6
Predators in 7
Ducks in 6
Vancouver in 5

ROUND 2
Tampa in 7
Rangers in 5
Blues in 7
Ducks in 5

CONFERENCE FINALS
Rangers in 6
Ducks in 7

FINALS
Rangers in 7

Your Canadian citizenship card should be revoked for your cup pick.
betting it all on red

Calgary beats Vancouver in 6
Winnipeg beats Anaheim in 6 (this is of course essential)
Nashville beats Chicago in 7
Minnesota beats St Louis in 6

Ottawa beats Montreal in 7 (this is going to be a fantastic series)
Tampa Bay beats Detroit in 5
New York Rangers beat Pittsburgh in 4
New York Islanders beat Washington in 5

ROUND 2
FIGHT
Calgary beats Winnipeg in 7
Nashville beats Minnesota in 5

Ottawa beats Tampa Bay in 6
NY Rangers beat NY Islanders in 5

ROUND 3
FIGHT
Calgary beats Nashville in 6
Ottawa beats Rangers in 5

FINAL ROUND
FIGHT
Calgary takes home the cup in 7

I always do these things on my fantasy hopeful outcomes and always ignore all statistics. Maybe that's why I always lose!
GreatRedSpirit you crazy, bro - you crazy!

And UPRC you’re like the only one that I know whose going for the Penguins over the Rangers in that series. There aren’t a lot of people, including all the analysts, who believe that Pittsburgh can do it – but who knows!?

Anyways, picks have been added to the list. Good luck!!!

author=Link_2112
What?? San Jose didn't make it this year? Fuck this

Oh yeah, I almost completely forgot that the Sharks also missed the playoffs too, lol, first time since 2003.

Actually, that’s pretty amazing and I didn’t know they’ve been in all those years straight for that long until I just looked it up. Wow…
author=GreatRedSpirit
betting it all on red

Calgary beats Vancouver in 6
Winnipeg beats Anaheim in 6 (this is of course essential)
Nashville beats Chicago in 7
Minnesota beats St Louis in 6

Ottawa beats Montreal in 7 (this is going to be a fantastic series)
Tampa Bay beats Detroit in 5
New York Rangers beat Pittsburgh in 4
New York Islanders beat Washington in 5

ROUND 2
FIGHT
Calgary beats Winnipeg in 7
Nashville beats Minnesota in 5

Ottawa beats Tampa Bay in 6
NY Rangers beat NY Islanders in 5

ROUND 3
FIGHT
Calgary beats Nashville in 6
Ottawa beats Rangers in 5

FINAL ROUND
FIGHT
Calgary takes home the cup in 7

I always do these things on my fantasy hopeful outcomes and always ignore all statistics. Maybe that's why I always lose!

This would be amazing.
author=Addit
And UPRC you’re like the only one that I know whose going for the Penguins over the Rangers in that series. There aren’t a lot of people, including all the analysts, who believe that Pittsburgh can do it – but who knows!?

You wrote URPC though . This offends me greatly, Addet.

I am also looking forward to the annual tradition of the Canucks tripping over themselves as soon as the Play-Offs start.
It's entirely possible that the Pens upset most of us, they're still a good team. They just need to pull together find their playoff spark or hope the Rangers putter out again like last year, but it's a bit too early in the playoffs to hope for that!

also hockey gifs!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
I'll pick the Vancouver Canucks to win the cup, even though they have the most horrible luck in the playoffs, and a riot in 1994. Yeah hockey is so serious people get angry about it and take it to the streets.

If I have time later maybe I'll go through round to round picks.
author=Addit
Oh yeah, I almost completely forgot that the Sharks also missed the playoffs too, lol, first time since 2003.

Actually, that’s pretty amazing and I didn’t know they’ve been in all those years straight for that long until I just looked it up. Wow…

Too bad that same streak is for how many years in a row they had a super strong season and great team all year but then bomb in the playoffs. At least this year I won't suffer that same kind of disappointment. I can forget about hockey early this season.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
Here you go

Round 1

Saint Louis in 5
Chicago in 6
Winnipeg in 7
Vancouver in 7
Ottawa in 6
Detroit in 5
Pittsburgh in 6
New York I in 6

Round 2
Saint Louis in 7
Vancouver in 5
Ottawa in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

Round 3
Vancouver in 6
Ottawa in 7

Round 4

Vancouver in 7
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Spirit's picks look reasonable and favorable. I would be sticking with his prediction. Maybe I would let Minnesota win over Nashville.
author=kory_toombs
I'll pick the Vancouver Canucks to win the cup, even though they have the most horrible luck in the playoffs, and a riot in 1994.

(You forgot to mention the second riot.)

author=Link_2112
Too bad that same streak is for how many years in a row they had a super strong season and great team all year but then bomb in the playoffs. At least this year I won't suffer that same kind of disappointment. I can forget about hockey early this season.

I thought they had a really good chance that year in 2011 before the Canucks beat them in 5 in the Western Finals. If Bieksa didn’t score that weird goal in overtime that hit off the stanchions, the Sharks might have ended up coming all the way and winning that series because a lot of the Canuck players were playing hurt at the time - and then who knows? If they ended up playing Boston in the finals instead, perhaps the Sharks might have won that series and won the cup? I know I would have voted for them if that ended up happening.

- And this is my favorite hockey gif:

Flames continue dropping the gloves early against the Canucks last night even! At least we managed to stay on our feet this time

Ottawa / Montreal is, unsurprisingly, the meanest game so far and I doubt any of tonights games will get so rough. Crawford for Chicago only playing for one period was a surprise though. (poor Nashville, four unanswered goals is bad)
yeah, wtf. My predictions were all looking real good until the last minute (Mtl, NYI, VAN, NASH).

Also, wtf Subban? Y U SO SLASH

"I can't believe that my two handed lumberjack chop on Stone is against the rules!" ~Subban, probably

I didn't get to watch much except for the second period of CHI-NASH (like all the CHI goals), and most of the first period of CAL-VAN (and Vancouver was clearly outplaying the Flames)
Canucks definitely played a lot better against the Flames last night. Eddie and the Sedins came up huge! And even Nashville came up strong in the 3rd period, especially after Weber got hurt. I’m impressed!

I’m going to try and watch the Jets and the Ducks game later on tonight and maybe try and catch the NHL Draft Lottery and see where Connor McDavid ultimately ends up at. I would love to see him either go to Buffalo, because it’s my second favorite team besides the Canucks, or Arizona, because they need somebody like him to get butts in the seats…plus that team is pretty bad. I’ll absolutely punch somebody if Toronto ends up winning it! And Edmonton doesn’t deserve another number 1 pick after they’ve had three of them in a row and haven’t done anything else since.
Pages: first 1234 next last