AUTHOR=UGLY

Pages: first 12 next last
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
This is something that has been bugging me for years now.

when you quote somebody with the quote post button, there's this awful "author=" put in front of who you're quoting. what's... what's the point. just put the name in italics. you can just delete it (i always do) but ... ugh

ankylo
Craze has the sexiest beard in town

is way nicer-looking than

author=ankyblow
hurrrrr i=me

pls
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Craze
pls

Ok, thanks for the info

(ok but seriously yeah that does look a lot better. I wonder if you could hardcode it into the site's functionality. Shouldn't be too hard.)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
ankylo
-

I agree, but with a tiiiiiny adjustment imo
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I don't know, personally I'd go for something like this.

-ankylo-

Or this.

ankylo:
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Actually yea, I like ankylo: the best.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Pop into the 4.5 thread and suggest it.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I edit every last one of my quotes to say 'from {username}' for this exact reason. I hope it subtly drove some members insane.
Thank God for this topic. I have thought that since literally forever but I've never gotten around to actually materializing my thoughts on it.
it will probably be something like
@ankylo

because I also want to do something with notices and username tagging.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
History on author=WIP:

I built the quote to put that in there in the hopes to one day parse it out to easily show the username with a link to their profile. Obviously that never came to fruition. It was also going to give an easy link to the quoted text.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
so if kentona forces the site to change it to that, have i accidentally broken all quotations in my posts for years
this is what you get for trying to subvert the will of your overlords
Before I changed it, it said: post=123123
nhubi
I remember that, quoting was always useless then because you still had to go back to the earlier post to see to whom someone was responding. Personally I don't mind any of options, but I'd probably vote colon suffix and commercial at prefix as my preferred.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=kentona
@ankylo

Clicking on the @username in a quote should give a list of options, with the most prominent link taking readers to the respective person's Twitter account instead. You know, maybe it should just display a mouse-over Twitter feed. I'd really like it to be like a drive-by of compelling user tweets, minus the death and blood of the traditional namesake.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=ankylo
Before I changed it, it said: post=123123

Ah, there ya go. It's been so long.
author=kentona
@ankylo

something like .-*^*-.-*^☆AnKyLo☆^*-.-*^*-. would be my suggestion
author=Magi
author=kentona
@ankylo

Clicking on the @username in a quote should give a list of options, with the most prominent link taking readers to the respective person's Twitter account instead. You know, maybe it should just display a mouse-over Twitter feed. I'd really like it to be like a drive-by of compelling user tweets, minus the death and blood of the traditional namesake.

Not everyone bothers with twitter though. It'd be preferable to keep it in-site instead.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=_______
author=kentona
@ankylo

something like .-*^*-.-*^☆AnKyLo☆^*-.-*^*-. would be my suggestion

Haha, I'd vote for that XD
nhubi
author=Liberty
Not everyone bothers with twitter though. It'd be preferable to keep it in-site instead.

I second that, I've got a twitter account but it isn't linked to my profile for a reason, if someone wants to read my tweets they can follow me on twitter. You can also see game related tweets via the add-on on the relevant gamepages.
Pages: first 12 next last