17%
Noooooooo
47%
Pfft, 2k3 is for sissies
17%
NO, UR THE SISSY
17%

Pages: first 12 next last
Yeah, so what’s up with that? Is it something that I don’t know that I should know?

>

So we went from this badass, yet classically familiar stable of a chess piece to an…egg??? (What the…?)

>

- But that’s not all, as the 32x32 icon has been upgraded from the original, timeless classic to a kickass, custom stone dragon! (Now this I like!)

But what’s the dealio with this? None of the other engine icons have been changed as far as I know of, and even 2k still has its original icons intact - so what’s going on here? Is there another version of Rm2k3 that I don’t know of as of yet and that version uses different icons and we’re suddenly going to go with that? Are these just temporary for a while or are they here to stay? If they are, at least let us vote on the matter. (I kinda like my little horse.)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I guess I ultimately don't mind the new icons. Though, I am a bit curious as to where they came from.
OH THANK GOD someone had the old one cached. I've been scouring my IE cache looking for one on my work PC.

I don't know what's up, but the description is changed and the apostrophe in the game engine description is also not the ascii ' anymore but that stupid one you get when you write something in Word and then copy paste to a textbox

E:
not quite right... they lack the transparency of the old set. They will do though until I get home to fix it.
I believe it's a dragon egg. We were asked to update to the official description and icons. Yeah, apparently they are the official icons.

I dunno, I rather like them.
No one asked me, so I fixed them.
Yay, they’re back! Everything is right in the world...(at least for now)

@ Liberty – Who asked you to update them, Enterbrain? Does that mean that they’re going to licence Rm2k3 in English now and use those as the new icons for it?

Hmmmm…!
who knows? no one tells me anything
Sorry! ;.;

I really should have double-checked with you about it before hand.

The JP version got new icons and a better description (instead of telling people it was an upgrade of 2k3, of all things) so...

I feel really guilty now. Sorry...
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
The new dragon chess piece looks really cool, but I'm kinda confused about the egg pointer. Also, I'm kinda surprised they're updating icons for 2k3, I assumed it was totally abandoned and shoved under the rug.
rm2k3 is still a thing in japan
Yeah, Japan tends to like the engine. They're actually from a special edition that was made a while ago. I figured you guys would like the pretties.
author=Liberty
Yeah, Japan tends to like the engine. They're actually from a special edition that was made a while ago. I figured you guys would like the pretties.

YOU WERE WRONG.

WE FEAR CHANGE.
I thought it was a render error on my browser when I first saw the snotball

I don't see the point in updating the icons. We don't use the latest Japanese version, we use whatever was translated into English a decade ago. I'd rather that we stay consistent to what our userbase has access to and uses instead of a version that nobody here can get. Until there's a fundamental change in the rm2k3's English user's ability to use the latest 2k3 with their new icons (like an official release) I don't see a need to update icons that's is and will always be completely foreign to the users of said product.

or maybe I'm sick and crabby, I blame mordor elections
:<

I was just making with the pretties. ;.;
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
aww it's a crying spider
I hate change so much I give it to buskers

also we should revert the icons back to

(seriously though, my post was in response to being asked to change them than for the sake of pretties. I was just slow when I posted then ran to lunch. I do still think the egg looks like a snotball though)
BUT I LIKE PRETTIES. AND DRAGON EGGS. WHICH I WAS TOLD THAT WAS. ;.;
Which is why I suggest we make Horace up there the new 2k3 icon! He has the chess knight piece look and his jaw is pretty chiseled after all

i'll see myself out
Pages: first 12 next last