THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

Okay guys, the first RM2k3 update is out, v1.10a!

It's only a "quick fix" release, addressing the most pressing issues. Some of these fixes will later be improved once more (such as the fullscreen and the installer).

Details: http://steamcommunity.com/games/362870#announcements/detail/164722901753211419

Also, I talked with Degica about the patching/modding issue, and there will be modifications to the EULA, and a special "patch EULA" will be created soon. I can't go into details yet, but I think you are going to like it.
Yay! ^_^

Hey about the CMS, is there a way of opening the other menus besides main? I think I've heard variable references or something, but seriously I just want a link to items/skills/etc. That seems like a feature to consider too.

(reads changelog)
Hello.

author=bulmabriefs144
Yay! ^_^

Hey about the CMS, is there a way of opening the other menus besides main? I think I've heard variable references or something, but seriously I just want a link to items/skills/etc. That seems like a feature to consider too.

(reads changelog)

Dude, why do not you ask Cherry to make your game for you with a patch? lol

Anyway, I really think there are priorities and one of them should be, at least, modify the battle formulae or let the user modify them at will. If you really need changes in your menus, why do not make your own? It is not that difficult. For instance, I make myself some menus using a program called MyWin or something like that. Do you know it?

Regards.
Yeah! Pffft.

Battle is probably top priority anyway, because it's horribly messed up.

The issue with making my own, is that yes, that is what I might work on. But it's like several needed features are missing (not having a way to set the party member position by variable, so I can't ask if Party Member 1 is character 5, means that I don't display the correct character; not having a way to goto a certain menu means it won't work properly) Never heard of MyWin. The issue is not drawing the menu, it's the technical processes.
author=ItEm
Dude, (or Gal, I don't care what gender you are) he asked for something that is fairly easy to implement. I linked it as DirectMenuPatch once before. It didn't even break the default menu unlike the other item menu calling patches.

If something works (e.g. 2k3's item menu and item sorting), why does one have to ignore it and replace it by mashing together hundreds of lines of event commands, just because you tell yourself 'there are limits'?
edit:
I'm not saying "use patches", I'm asking why similar stuff can't be implemented in official releases.

Fixing the Battle you say? It would need several organ transplants, not just some bandages.

edit²:
No, this is unpatched vanilla.
edit³:
ATB was sped up for the sake of recording. Because I don't like to sit around waiting.
We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

That gif is hilarious though. Is every version like that, or is that bug specific to one of the row patches? It looks like you're changing rows and attacking in the same turn.
I want to use that in a battle system so that when you reach the edge of the screen you can run. That is hilarious though!
hey cherry why don't you implement tactical battle system, isometric and polygon map support? that would be so cool

ok enough I stopped hahahahah <3 can't wait to put my hands on legit 2k3 <3

Alllllllllso it seems like a new "patch EULA" is coming? Let's see. I read a @Lunarea post on RMW that said so. But let's avoid talking about it until such EULA is out, ne? I mean, it's pointless.

EDIT: there's a chance nobody was talking about patching and I misread coz im slep
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=Cherry
Also, I talked with Degica about the patching/modding issue, and there will be modifications to the EULA, and a special "patch EULA" will be created soon. I can't go into details yet, but I think you are going to like it.

Hmm, hmm. This is getting interesting..
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Cherry,
How hard would it be to implement a "turn based combat" option without the source code?

Once again, thanks a lot to Cherry, Archeia_Nessiah and everyone else involved in the official release of RPG Maker 2003 :)

:D
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Magi
author=Cherry
Hmm, hmm. This is getting interesting..

Yes! The ability to patch/mod is just what is needed! This was a smart move ^_^
Wait until we got the EULA. ^^

@iddalai: Not sure, we'll see.
Hello.

author=bugmenot
author=ItEm
Dude, (or Gal, I don't care what gender you are) he asked for something that is fairly easy to implement. I linked it as DirectMenuPatch once before. It didn't even break the default menu unlike the other item menu calling patches.

First, I was actually refering to what Bulma was saying about messing with the alignment of the information in the default menu. Although it is interesting, I think that is not really necessary at this moment. Second, I did not know about that patch. I have RPG Maker 2003 1.09a so, is that going to work on that version? Who made it?

author=bugmenot
If something works (e.g. 2k3's item menu and item sorting), why does one have to ignore it and replace it by mashing together hundreds of lines of event commands, just because you tell yourself 'there are limits'?

Because that is one of the funniest parts of making a game, at least for me. At the end of the day, I think that the more modifications RM2003 has, the more bugs are going to pop up eventually; that is why I do not use any patches at all on my game, though I think they are interesting and fun to experiment with.

Regards.

EDIT: THANKS CHERRY (AND ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED), FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!
author=bugmenot

this owns, if you didn't remove waiting for the atb it would be the perfect rm2k3.gif
What? All of a sudden people want waiting times in 2k3's battle. [Brian intensifies]

author=ItEm
I was actually refering to [...] messing with the alignment of the information in the default menu.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.
Also I may or may not have miscalculated how hard it is to open an additional prompt (when clicking the <Call Menu> command) that asks for the menu that should be opened (or which hero's / hero by variable) and linking that to proper event parameters.

author=ItEm
Because that is one of the funniest parts of making a game
Somewhat, yeah. A lot of things are made this way.
It sucked when I scrapped more than a dozen hours of eventing when I just changed 2 bytes in the code (which didn't even take 10 seconds). And the (less than) 10 second procedure resulted in far less bugs and better performance.
@bugmenot: It's kinda hard atm, that's why I consider implementing things which don't need any new UI elements (or only very few) first. Adding things to lists (such as comboboxes but also button lists as in the event command selection) is relatively easy.
Actually, I'm curious. Has the "show Picture" command been optimized? Meaning, if I have a custom menu that rapidly calls the "show Picture" command, will it lag the engine? Of course, the term "rapid" is relative, so for the sake of this argument, let's say every tenth of a second.

Also, does the 0.0 wait command still give you the 1/60 second wait?

This is kind of a general question for anyone who's used the 1.10
As long as nothing breaks the backward compatibility.
Comments in blue.

author=ItEm
Hello.

author=bugmenot
author=ItEm

I'm a gal. I was born male, but now I'm a gal. Yeah, I vaguely remember this. I just do not know where to get it.

First, I was actually refering to what Bulma was saying about messing with the alignment of the information in the default menu. Although it is interesting, I think that is not really necessary at this moment. Second, I did not know about that patch. I have RPG Maker 2003 1.09a so, is that going to work on that version? Who made it?

It in fact is not necessary. I managed to get a less cramped feel to menus simply by turning default status from Healthy to blank. And I tried removing titles, and it looked alot cleaner. No, the point I was making is that currently even if plugins can fix the issue, it's a matter of either tons of plugins, or insane workarounds. For that matter, the same is true of TurnBased battle, as someone who has done the workaround with just code vs a plugin, I know it's doable. I also have weird freezes and nuisances because my system wants to handle status no action effects while I'm calculating turns. If at any point I want to make a custom menu, I can't just make a menu, add the pictures and numbers using DynText. I have the fun prospect of not making it lead anywhere without a plugin, which I dunno where to find yet. Future versions can very much has shortcuts to making less code.

author=bugmenot

Answer, one doesn't. I accept my limits, but I don't accept limits someone else has defined for me.

Because that is one of the funniest parts of making a game, at least for me. At the end of the day, I think that the more modifications RM2003 has, the more bugs are going to pop up eventually; that is why I do not use any patches at all on my game, though I think they are interesting and fun to experiment with.

Yup, the more code you have, the more bugs it might have. Especially if you rush through, and don't check it (urgh, a few projects I've done).

Regards.

EDIT: THANKS CHERRY (AND ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED), FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!