THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

whenever someone mentions extensive cherry patches or dynRPG i just imagine a sega CD and a 32x stacked on top of the genesis.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
The hilariously shaky patch job is what has always made cherry patches so endearing. Fortunately future generations won't need to cling to them.

Also just gonna assume at this point the revised EULA is stuck in limbo. No monetary incentive to create one.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yay! :DDDDDDD Congrats! ^_^
Yeah I recently played White Magic which was "re-ported" to 2003 and the battles are really fluid. Works fine in Windows 8 as well.

Anyone have any idea what's contained in this book? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RPG-Maker-2003-Handbook-w-Extra-/281313058181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417f909d85

I'm a little bit interested in the 2k3's original release and packaging or anything related.
Loads of extra features. In Japanese. You read Japanese, right?
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Hi guys, the patch EULA can now be seen here! http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42021-rpg-maker-2003-patch-eula/

If only the memory addresses were the same as 1.08. *cries*

Does Cherry have any plans to update DynRPG in some official capacity, or are we kind of on our own as to what we do with this EULA?

Edit: ...Because in layman's terms, none of the current patches will work with the official build (with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 outliers).
This is encouraging news, although yes, it doesn't make much practical difference to me until DynRPG is applied to the official RM2K3. :) Here's hoping they won't regard the listing of parameter values in the DynParams readme as violating point 2.1 about keeping information learned through reverse engineering away from the public eye. X)
author=PepsiOtaku
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Hi guys, the patch EULA can now be seen here! http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42021-rpg-maker-2003-patch-eula/
If only the memory addresses were the same as 1.08. *cries*

Does Cherry have any plans to update DynRPG in some official capacity, or are we kind of on our own as to what we do with this EULA?

Possibly a mix of the two.

As for the EULA, I am pleased with the result. Sorta.

author=Lunarea
Though patches that conform to the EULA are officially recognized and allowed, please note that patches are not officially supported.

Double talk, much?

The terms are okay. I don't intend to reverse engineer or overwrite the digital rights, I have the valid copy, I'm okay with tech service being void, and the only thing I intend to patch internally is DynRPG (that and maybe editing the splash screen/exfonts with RM Recker), and asking permission (and I email them at registration@rpgmakerweb.com to notify them of any patches). Cherry, Kazesui, dragonheartman, bugmenot, is it okay if I use your plugins/patches?

Also, do plugins count as patches in terms of the EULA, or they a subset of DynRPG? Should I tell them about my two plugins? Vague EULA of vagueness.
author=Darken
whenever someone mentions extensive cherry patches or dynRPG i just imagine a sega CD and a 32x stacked on top of the genesis.

Perfect analogy. Just buy a fucking Saturn or a Playstation. The remakes of both Lunar games were actually enjoyable.
It's much easier to build a brand new saturn from old genesis and sega CD parts.
Dunno about easier. But it is more fun.

Also, Playstation or PSP? Which had the better songs?

Playstation Opening

Because there is no contest (Playstation Boat Song).

I prefer PSP version for gameplay and graphics, but the Playstation for plot build, and the songs.
I actually HAVE the book for 2003, as a long time ago, i bought it import so i could own a legit copy.
Still got it, along with the big thick book inside.
author=MarkusT
I actually HAVE the book for 2003, as a long time ago, i bought it import so i could own a legit copy.
Still got it, along with the big thick book inside.

Could you photo/scan any interesting pages? Wondering if there are cool illustrations.
I really can not believe Enterbrain actually went along with this.