THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

Are there any plans to do 2000? long shot I know but I loved it to death!
Hi guys, since it's super hard to keep track of bug reports especially in PM, if you have time of the day, please just report over this board in RMW: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42412-rpg-maker-2000-and-2003-general-bug-reports-thread/ or steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/362870/discussions/0/541906348040098336/

I know it's a pain but it helps us a lot better to keep track of ;w;
Found it right after I posted, sorry - woooooo!!! 2000!!!
Already buy the steam version. Wow the graphic retro look very nice.
I will abandon my vxace and start learning using this.
I hope the CGSS cherry made is not canceled too.
(Or you cancel CGSS because C++ Dyn is enough for rm2k3?)
Dynrpg is essentially a better realized CGSS. CGSS was canceled a while ago.
author=drenrin2120
I really can not believe Enterbrain actually went along with this.

I think it was a slow programming time, and they wanted to make some quick money while they worked on MV.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
did the update on this get dropped?
There's the next update Cherry finished but I'm too busy right now to update some other important stuff too.
Do the people have to pay and pay? Or is the first purchase enough to get the update?

It's through Steam so it automatically updates. No having to pay more.
The ummm, non-steam version. I've managed to lock myself out of not one but two Steam accounts (I created a new one, only to do it wrong and "this username is already in use" DUH! I created it, lemme log in!)
If you bought it on RMW they would have sent an email with the key. Download the demo and insert the key. Or check your client area on the site - it might have a download for it there.

Whichever, they'll have been updated.
Ah yea, I have the key. That's what I meant, whether the key still holds up for later stuff.
Hi everybody.

I'm happy to say that a major update with lots of bugfixes and improvements is incoming. Stay tuned.
I still didn't address all the problems and suggestions, but I think you are still going to like it :)

author=Dragon_Kamillo
I bought RM2k3 (in official site, not sream) and I am a little disappointed.

RM2k9 not work with him. And maker not have all accessories RM2k9. Will be in future?

Part of the features might (or might not) be added natively. Also, RM2k9U is a very complex beast code-wise... I would also like to adjust it to the new version but I'm not sure when I can find time for that.

author=Dragon_Kamillo
I don't see option change font and I can't add polish letter in game (in edittor OK I needn't this, but I need in game).

There is no such option, however (while adhering to the patch EULA) it should be possible to replace the font files by editing the ultimate_rt_eb.dll (and for the editor ultimate_eb.dll) file in Resource Hacker, but it will be reset when RM is updated of course.

author=Dragon_Kamillo
Can off colors event commands?

Not officially, however there is an inofficial workaround at the moment. Just create an environment variable _ULTIMATE_ with value 1 (in control panel -> system -> advanced -> environment variables). At the moment, this will only disable the event code postprocessing (including colors), but it might be used for other things in the future, so if you encounter strange issues with future releases, try removing it again.

author=MewMewPsychic
OK... don't know where to post this so I'll post it here.

I got the official RPG Maker 2003, which I am happy for. What I am less happy is that it's apparently buggy.

Simply put, I installed the official RTP and when trying to make a new project and checking the new interface, the moment I clicked on the Battle Screen tab, I got the following error:

"A load violation of address 00000518 occured in address 00531E13 of module 'rpgmaker2003.exe'."

Note that this was through a newly created project, not one downloaded or produced using a different version from the official one.

Is there any particular reason for this kind of bug?

This sounds really strange to me. Please, the next time you get this error message, don't click OK, but do the following:
- Open task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
- Go to advanced/details/processes (depends on your OS)
- Select RPG2003.exe and right-click it
- Choose "Dump"
- Wait a while, until a message box will tell you the dump file was created. It will also tell you the location of the file.
- Upload the file and send me the link via email or in a private message. Don't post it here because it might contain personal information such as your Windows username.
This way I can investigate what led to this error. Thanks!

author=bulmabriefs144
And yet, when I spoke up about how "the EULA really needs to be changed so people can use DynRPG" he was silent. So was everyone else who said anything similar. That's what I'm upset about, not whether the engine has new stuff or not. That I was fed to the wolves, and left stating an opinion that nobody would back me on.

Sorry, it took a while to get the EULA done. And it took multiple revisions.

author=Sated
Here's an interesting "bug".

In the "unofficial" RM2K3 (or at least the one I have), when you create a game-disk and ask it to include the RTP, the RTP it includes will not overwrite any files your game contains that have the same names. So if you have, for example, edited the "Dungeon" chipset and left it named "Dungeon", your edited version will be retained in the final executable.

In the "official" RM2K3, when you create a game-disk and ask it to include the RTP, the RTP it includes will overwrite any files your game contains that have the same name. This means that if you've done what I said above, the RTP version of "Dungeon" will appear in the final executable instead of your edited version (with hilarious results based on how I found this out!)

Slightly annoying, but I'll get used to it.

This is nothing I touched. Interesting - maybe it was changed in 1.09 by Enterbrain already?

author=bulmabriefs144
The 2k3 pseudocode, the faster_atb plugin basically messed with it. I usually refer to C++ plugin stuff as script. I think.

No, I think they recoded the engine. There is signficant design changes, none of which can be done with a simple patch (or I'd have some serious mods by now). To say nothing of the fact that simply patching over another version would likely be illegal.

All the RM2k3 modifications were indeed done only through binary patching (and of course by programming an external DLL for more advanced functions, but still it has to be interfaced with the existing code, which is done by patching again).

Best regards,
Cherry
Key Input appears to be buggy.

I vaguely remember being able to have other events running while having key event processes. It appears instead to hijack all other processes while running a local event. I have a parallel process event. I have tried what I normally did, to have KeyEvent switch ON, and let it press. I must have pressed 50 times, it outright ignores it. I tried putting a common event into the parallel process itself. Nothing. Supposedly according to the help file:

If Wait for Key Input under Options is enabled, processing will not continue until a key is pressed. This is set to active by default.

Okay then. I place the thing there, no common event. Still nothing. Where is this waiting you speak of?

I can't seem to make any key events work, short of doing Erase Event on whatever active event is there, and having KeyEvent ON.

Update: Okay, unchecking it makes it do its thing. Which means this is a mistranslation.

If Wait for Key Input under Options is enabled, processing will not continue until a key is pressed. This is set to active by default.

This implies (to my thinking, anyway) that processing will wait until a key is pressed (which would be LOVELY). Actually, it appears what this means is this instead:

If Wait for Key Input under Options is enabled, key event processing will not continue during other events. This is set to active by default.

That, or the translation is correct but the programming is glitched. I dunno.
Not sure what you mean.

This works fine for me:

When I run this event, I see "Please press the Right key" and then it will wait until I press the Right key, and only then it will show "Thanks"...