THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Cherry
The default setting is windowed x2, with GDI fullscreen (if the user switches to fullscreen) with no options checked. This works best for most newer computers.
The default is no longer fullscreen? That's such a radical change! D:

I guess i'll have to include a plead for the user to press F4 as soon as the game starts.
author=Dragon_Kamillo
Mirak, if you have money, you can buy a few copy of this same program.

I also have RMweb version because I have bad experience with using RMXP on sream and I not want buy more RM (and programs) in sream.
I have it on steam. The only downside to it i've found is that steam needs to be running in order to run rpg 2k3. I wonder if it'll run even if i have no internet. I haven't tried it out.
The default is no longer fullscreen because this was one of the most annoying things of the old RMs. It's great that RMXP changed this to default windowed.

And please don't just auto-switch to fullscreen without asking the player... this is not a good user experience! You are supposed to use this feature in an options menu. It's up to the player whether they want to player in fullscreen or not.

(Also, in the splash screen it shows that F4 will go to fullscreen.)

EDIT: However, I just realized one flaw in the design: F4 and Alt+Enter don't save the change in the registry, that's intentional (the user should go to the options menu and intentionally click Save while "Use as default" is checked), but since this also applies to the event command "Switch Fullscreen", it can't be used in an options menu permanently...
Mirak
I would never change my game's screen without warning, which is why i said i'd include a plead for the user to press F4 as soon as the game starts, which would switch to fullscreen.

I'm still not keen on how making a title screen without a title screen option would work.
Should we use picture events for that?
author=Cherry
The default is no longer fullscreen because this was one of the most annoying things of the old RMs. It's great that RMXP changed this to default windowed.

In my opinion default fullscreen in RM95, 2k and 2k3 was better than window in XP, VX and ACE. Only problems with directdraw make that this was bad (without RM95).

Mirak: Sream has Offline mode... Only I never try this, my problems with RMXP was another (but make by sream, in trial version was better).
author=Mirak
I'm still not keen on how making a title screen without a title screen option would work.
Should we use picture events for that?

Yes, for example... like many did already with the inofficial RM2k3. (You can check out other games.)
@ Sated - Can’t you still use something like Resource Hacker to change the splash page to something else like in the unofficial RM2k3 or can you not? I don’t currently have a licenced version at the moment, so I’m not sure.

Anyway, I just checked out some of the updates implemented in the latest version and I’m glad to see that you have the ability now to create your own custom title pages instead of using the default option. This was one of the main things that I really wanted to see added in and you finally made it happen, Cherry. Nicely done.

Now, I’m guessing that when you use the “Open Load Menu” event command that it brings up the default Load Menu, right? So I’m guessing that for this current version that you can’t create a custom save / load option at the moment and only just a custom title page, right? Any chance in the future of implementing something like that in a future update, as well as being able to manually add or delete savestates at will? Since the game I’m currently working on has its own custom save / load feature and it manually autosaves statistics, game data and such, if something like that was implemented in then there would be no more reason for me to continue to use the illegal version anymore and I would switch in a heartbeat.
author=Mirak
bulmabriefs is it too much trouble to buy it on steam? You'll have it on your library at all times, you'll always have the latest version and since it's so lightweight all you'll have to carry with you is the project folder of the game you're working on. I don't know if you've stated any reasons for not buying it on steam though, i'm sorry for not seeing them if you did.

author=Cherry
You don't. This is a player setting, not a creator setting.
That kind of sucks. What is the default setting for people who don't have any rpg makers installed? Say like if someone downloaded my game and played it, what would the default be for them?

Apparently, it is too much trouble. Since somehow I have managed to lock myself out of steam not once, but twice.

First time. I login with Steam. I use it for awhile, then ditch it. I pick up in time for the official 2k3 release. I login as Username: bulmabriefs144@hotmail.com or bulmabriefs144 and Password: *********** (my old password). Fine, it goes to the login. Oh wait, you need your PIN. I don't have my PIN, tell me how to get my PIN, goto Steam's help page. We will send you a PIN to your email, click this. They didn't. I can't login, not after one hour, not after ten. Steam's help page btw seems to be full of clueless people, and completely unhelpful mods that are trained to take a "it's easy, just do X" and dismiss anyone who is like "Ummmm, no, I did X and it did nothing."

Second time. I make a new account. samantha_rinne I think it was. I make it in one section, where the help and other stuff is. However, because there is some weird disconnect, the account will not log in, telling me, "That account already exists." Yeah, because I just made it, let me in. Even if I could get in, I would need to install Steam (~200MB, or even more, due to memory leak) onto every computer.

If someone invents a version of steam that is not on the computer, I will use it. You build a memory hog software, run it on your own damned computer. For a portable lifestyle, this is not functional.

I use it not just when in a library. I haul around a flash drive. When I go to a random computer on vacation. When at home, or when at a random computer during a slow period. I cannot download a massive program onto someone else's drive. Every if 200MB is small potatoes by today's standards, it still is too much. If Steam is the "ultimate gaming platform", why is there not a no-download version for people who aren't in a zone where networks are awesome and people have terabytes of memory?

Yeah, lol, true. I guess the whole point of this version is to get away from the hacking.
Well, you are allowed to hack it, however it explicitely forbids removing any copyright/credits. This also applies to the splash screen.
As I say too much trouble. I have my logo page, which actually has the EB! logo at the bottom (it says Shattered Purity I think I called the thing, and a snazzy black EB!) but it is technically a hack. To say nothing of the complete suck that is the default text. I'm have more fun with having plugins thank you very much.
RMXP and RMVX ACE haven't splash screen. Why RM2k/3 must have this?

Splash screen is ugly for me, because: include information about F4 (Why?) and have strange 2 coloured background, and have not sharp edges in logos (blurred is ugly in 4x zoom).

And why can't change splash screen (not only graphics, for example add a few new (original 2k have 3 splash screens)) if I can give information about KADOKAWA, Enterbrain and Degica in another place/way?

I still wait for 1.11 version in RMweb, so I already will be this version I can write more.
Mirak
Well you can replace the splash screen by hacking the exe and give the credits found in the original splash screen in the shape you want like text or whatever.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
I found a bug, when using the full screen mode with the "blur" filter (F5), sometimes the filter doesn't work correctly, per example when you open the menu in Mystic Sunrise the filter is OK, but if you choose "Scrolls" or "Skills" an pick a character the filter will malfunction, it doesn't remove the filter but it also doesn't display correctly.
The graphics options have been improved in v1.11, I think Mystic Sunrise uses v1.10 or v1.10a.

However this filter is implemented by Windows, we don't really have control over how it works.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
OK, I understand.
What do you have in mind, given that:
- Full Kadokawa logo must be on it, occupying around 180x180 pixels
- The other 2 logos must be on it, in a recognizable fashion
- A fullscreen hint must be on it