THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

The Cherry Tree website is just having some difficulties right now. The link is correct.
author=hedge1
There doesn't seem to be a great repository of information regarding this patch. There are the patch notes, but they omit many things like planned future features, state of the Steam versus non-Steam version, or use of older patches (like DynRPG). For example, I can't even find a thread that advertises updates to the English version. I think this definitely harms adoption.

Concerning your question, however, I'm fairly certain that there is now support for DynRPG with the English rm2k3. There was apparently some concern with the legality of it (originally it was implemented and then removed or something). I can't remember where I read this, though, and I can't find it on Cherry's website nor in the change logs. Can anyone confirm this?

Speaking of change logs, they can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sXlXZIXdjxVq5gh_lPFuFLMbMRzZe4BKPpRI13ZD2Qc/edit?pref=2&pli=1

The change logs are updated as new versions are released and are quite extensive. Really it's amazing the amount of work and care that has been put into making the English version.

EDIT:
I guess I could link the DynRPG website here and the offical English support topic too.
http://rpg-maker.cherrytree.at/dynrpg/
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/10254/

Last I've heard (and I keep a fairly close eye on the DynRPG thread), the official English translation of RM2K3 (the one you can actually buy on Steam or RPGMakerWeb) does NOT have a DynRPG patch. This is because they (where "they" includes Cherry, who made DynRPG in the first place) are still tweaking the base RM2K3 program, and any patch made for it now would not work with future versions. They have, however, negotiated a special Patch End User License Agreement, which makes a theoretical future DynRPG and similar modifications to the official English RM2K3 a legal possibility.

Also worth noting, PepsiOtaku and bugmenot have made some improvements to the existing DynRPG. The official cherrytree website which hedge1 posted a link to is about v0.14a; the upgraded version is "v0.30 Unofficial" and can be found at http://www.rewking.com/dynrpg/.
author=AubreyTheBard
Last I've heard (and I keep a fairly close eye on the DynRPG thread), the official English translation of RM2K3 (the one you can actually buy on Steam or RPGMakerWeb) does NOT have a DynRPG patch. This is because they (where "they" includes Cherry, who made DynRPG in the first place) are still tweaking the base RM2K3 program, and any patch made for it now would not work with future versions. They have, however, negotiated a special Patch End User License Agreement, which makes a theoretical future DynRPG and similar modifications to the official English RM2K3 a legal possibility.

Also worth noting, PepsiOtaku and bugmenot have made some improvements to the existing DynRPG. The official cherrytree website which hedge1 posted a link to is about v0.14a; the upgraded version is "v0.30 Unofficial" and can be found at http://www.rewking.com/dynrpg/.

Thanks for the information! If I could trouble you further, do you know the answers to any of the following questions:

1. If the claim made earlier in this thread about the steam-free version no longer being updated is true.

2. Any plan on implementing the picture reference patch that Cherry made where you could reference pictures via a variable and even reference image files by a variable (so the file would be called Monster_0001 and would be loaded if a variable = 1).

3. Any plan on raising the number limits (such as monster HP or character stats)? In most cases I know the program's variable allocations limit the values to 9999 (technically around 32000, but 9999 is of course a more logical limit that a game design program would likely adhere to), but monster HP is a 32-bit signed integer, which means the max is over 4 billion, and character stats are for some reason limited to 999 rather than 9999.

Thanks!
Sorry, don't have any info regarding any of those questions. X) I'm not an insider or anything, I've just kept track of DynRPG-related stuff on this site.
"Any plan on raising the number limits (such as monster HP or character stats)? In most cases I know the program's variable allocations limit the values to 9999 (technically around 32000, but 9999 is of course a more logical limit that a game design program would likely adhere to), but monster HP is a 32-bit signed integer, which means the max is over 4 billion, and character stats are for some reason limited to 999 rather than 9999. "

This is easy to make in resource hacker (patch EULA is for RM2k3), but only non sream version - in sream version can't edit RM Engine because is blocked by sream DRM.

If you want this I eventually can make IPS patch.
author=Dragon_Kamillo
"Any plan on raising the number limits (such as monster HP or character stats)? In most cases I know the program's variable allocations limit the values to 9999 (technically around 32000, but 9999 is of course a more logical limit that a game design program would likely adhere to), but monster HP is a 32-bit signed integer, which means the max is over 4 billion, and character stats are for some reason limited to 999 rather than 9999. "

This is easy to make in resource hacker (patch EULA is for RM2k3), but only non sream version - in sream version can't edit RM Engine because is blocked by sream DRM.

If you want this I eventually can make IPS patch.

I have something called ResHacker that I use to replace strings or graphics, but I don't think it works with numbers. I also have something called RM Limit Changer that I use to alter the character/hero maximum stats, but it doesn't work on monsters. Is resource hacker different from ResHacker?
No, this is this. Resource hacker is ResHacker.

In RM2k/3 (not work with other RMs) ResHacker can change values.
Yeah, I used a resource hacker to change the editor UI so I could put in some bigger monster stat numbers due to poor design decisions in my game. RM2k3 used them just fine including an enemy with something like 110k hp.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
I was testing something in the old RPG Tsukuru 2003 and noticed that the battle event "Conditional Branch - Monster: is the current target" doesn't trigger when using ALL target skills/spells, it only works with single target skills/spells OR single target & ALL target physical attacks.

Does anyone knows if this was fixed in the official RPG Maker 2003 release? :)

I'd buy it to test it out, but I'm still unemployed... :/
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=iddalai

buy via steam (assuming you have one) and then go through the refund process in less than 2 hours of testing / 14 days from purchase
iddalai
author=TehGuy
author=iddalai
buy via steam (assuming you have one) and then go through the refund process in less than 2 hours of testing / 14 days from purchase

Thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer to use the refund process for legitimate reasons.
Make a project to test it and I'll throw it in my RM2k3 tonight. RM can convert RT projects to RM except for RTP stuff so it should by easy to do (for me I mean
)
iddalai
Oh! Thanks!

I'll PM you the details :)
iddalai
author=Cherry
author=JosephSeraph
it's supposed not to if you press f5, as it toggles interpolation on and off? I think
The other way round. It's not interpolating by default, it should be all crispy and clear, *unless* you press F5. Because I know some people actually like it blurred, for some reason.

Some people like it blurred because this software emulates 16 Bit console RPGs, all played in CRT monitors using SCART (or similar) which in turn made the image blurred ;)

It captures that essence.

A bit late, I know...

EDIT: ARGH! I didn't notice I already had the last post... sorry :/
A lot of stuff was going on over the course of the last 12 months and unfortunately RM had a very low priority during that time. No time for details now, but I'm back working on an update for the new RMs. Just wanted to let you know.