THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

These features are phenomenal. Thanks, Cherry!!

author=Cherry
@Large: since there is no budget, the probability is low that this will happen in an update anytime soon because it requires a substantial amount of work and the 2k3 BS is still a bit black magic to me technically.

I'm not sure if you have the desire, but I know DHM added in Monster animation a few years ago to the unofficial 2k3. Maybe he can eventually chime in on whatever code changes led to that becoming possible. ^-^
I guess it was with DynRPG :)

(And if not, the addresses would not be compatible, it would require some effort to fix that.)
Magi
Resident Terrapin
If he can put together an ips file of his monster animations it would be somewhat straightforward to adapt it to re-tool for the official release. That's not an ideal solution, but I think that animated monsters would affect such a small minority of users that it might be better to put effort of future updates into things more people would be concerned with.

I'm really still concerned that this software is incapable of making my morning coffee. Honestly, that's the only thing holding it back here!

edit: Dhm did that with dynrpg? nm then. I guess the only thing left is for someone sensible with a lot of free time on their hands to come around and volunteer for the lengthy task of adapting dynrpg to the official version.
author=Blindmind
These features are phenomenal. Thanks, Cherry!!

author=Cherry
@Large: since there is no budget, the probability is low that this will happen in an update anytime soon because it requires a substantial amount of work and the 2k3 BS is still a bit black magic to me technically.

I'm not sure if you have the desire, but I know DHM added in Monster animation a few years ago to the unofficial 2k3. Maybe he can eventually chime in on whatever code changes led to that becoming possible. ^-^

I know he did. I was around when that happened. As I understood, DynRPG is NOT supported with the official English RPGMaker 2003 just released, because of code injection, I think. It's against the EULA...? Not sure.

I meant updating the existing editor to support this in an official capacity.
It has nothing to do with the EULA, it's just a very large amount of work to port it, and even then, people would need to recompile their plug-ins (and in same cases tweak them).
so umm.... I updated my project to the latest version and, um, now all of my teleport events don't work. Nothing happens when I step on an event with a 'Transfer Player' command.

IN fact, I did a quick test and all events set to 'Player Touch' and 'Below Characters' (or Above Characters') fail to run.

EDIT:
nvm, I had a common event set to parallel process that had a Move Event: Set Hero Fixed Direction OFF

Apparently that messed up ALL touch events. Weird.
Just a random idea, would it be possible to have an option to change the image pivot? Right now it's always in the center of the image. At times it would be nice if you could set it to bottom, top, left or right.
You can simply adjust the coordinates based on the image size, no?
Well yeah, it would mostly just remove the step of having to subtract or add half the size when getting the position from an event or another variable. Which is something I've been having to do a lot lately. It would also save you some time from having to go back and change the coordinates if you change the image size.

That said it would be a pretty minor quality of life feature.
It seems like the release of the bugfix for the "show picture" with commands created by <1.12 may be delayed a bit (although on my end it's ready) - if somebody has this problem, please DM me.
author=Cherry
It seems like the release of the bugfix for the "show picture" with commands created by <1.12 may be delayed a bit (although on my end it's ready) - if somebody has this problem, please DM me.

Will it be ready to go by November?
Should be, I have been told it just isn't possible this week, so I expect they release it next week.
Gotta say this is pretty awesome that rm2k3 is getting this much support. Again much appreciated.
author=Sated
Posted this elsewhere, but probably should've posted it here:

author=Sated
Did they change how RM2K3 processes battle-events when they released the official version? Several of the set-piece battle-events that I have in Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl seem to be working incorrectly, but I know that they worked just fine previously...

EDIT:

How those set-pieces worked was something that I was looking to change anyway, but meh... kinda sad that a load of stuff has broken without me having touched the project!

What changed? I have EXTENSIVE battle events in my games, but I haven't looked into them with any seriousness yet.
Do you have a backup copy of the project that predates the conversion to the new 2k3? Can you test that it works there as expected?