LONG TIME LURKER, FIRST TIMER REGISTER...ER?

Pages: 1
Figured I'd finally register an account and say hello to everyone rather than being one of those people who just siphons off games to play any runs.

Anyways, the name's Gleason, and I'm an old fart (exaggerating...I hope) who's been tinkering with the RM series since I was a freshman in high school and found the life-changing RM95. While I've at least worked a bit with each RM program that's come out, I haven't really ever released anything until VX came about, and even then I abused the auto-gen dungeon tool.

The games I did finish for friends to play have a bad habit of running far too many MP3s if you know what I mean have a unique blend of humor and gameplay, but I think they'd need some tweaking and QC before I'd want to release them to the crowds.

Anyways! While I taught myself BASIC when I was um...much younger than I am now, I don't feel like I could manage to learn Ruby as well as I need to in order to write my own stuff. However, I do seem to have retained a knack for reorganizing others' code to get it to do stuff I want it to do (such as Yanfly's ACE menu splitting the MP/TP into 2 separate bars, or MOGHunter's battle result script giving exp to reserve battlers and showing their levels as well).

TL;DR I'm going to stop lurking and maybe start contributing or something.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Welcome! There are a wide range of ages, from teenagers to sexagenarians so I'm sure you'll fit right in. Quite a few in the community started with RM95, and with the release of the now legal version of RM2K3 there is a wave of nostalgia sweeping the boards, so dive right in.
Happy
Devil's in the details
Welcome man! Cool of you to register and say hello. It always makes me happy when people decide to engage with the community.

Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay! Or can I say that since you have a history of lurking for decades... Looking forward to your contributions then!
unity
You're magical to me.
Yay! Glad you decided to register! As someone else who found RM95 back in my teenage years (though I didn't make a full game until RPG Maker 2000) I welcome you! :D
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
Welcome aboard! I was in the lurking boat for awhile too but hopping in really made RPG Maker a lot more fun for me I hope you enjoy!
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I figure once spring semester is over, I'm going to start on a fresh project and see how it goes. I'll also be sure to join in any of the contests that pop up here and there.

(Also, I'm mostly joking about my 'advanced' age, although my 31st birthday IS coming up a bit too soon...as in the same day as my one final. Again.)
It was 1994 or 1995 when I was a freshman in highschool. Though in our small town highschool started at grade 8. I will be 34 this summer.

so old.

Welcome to RMN! enjoy your stay!
Welcome!
Also, apparently there are cookies after you reach 3k ms (and I assume every 3k ms after that). Take it as extra motivation! I mean, what motivates a person more than the extremely vague possibility of cookies?
author=karins_soulkeeper
Welcome!
Also, apparently there are cookies after you reach 3k ms (and I assume every 3k ms after that). Take it as extra motivation! I mean, what motivates a person more than the extremely vague possibility of cookies?

The advice you are giving me is at odds with the advice that your status-thingy is giving me. I'm conflicted! ...but, cookies.
Virtual cookies only, I'm afraid. That said, welcome! It's great to get more older people on the site (well, it's great when we get younger people here too). As a fellow oldbie (32) I welcome thee.

Just kick back and have fun, and if you've time/inclination/questions, just check out this thread: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/17599/

Otherwise, if you have other questions feel free to ask them - we're happy to help! >.<)b
Pages: 1