RMN COMPOSER INTRODUCTIONS

Pages: first 123 next last
Happy
Devil's in the details
This topic is designed to be a place where the composers of the RMN community may introduce themselves in, and serve as a list where people can easily find the composers present at the community.

You may do an open introduction, or you can answer some of these questions:

• Artist names you are known by:

• Link to the best place to follow your work:

• Contact information for commissions:

• Music genres and style influences of your work:

• Your choice of audio software:

• Instruments you play:

• Your proudest accomplishment as a musician:
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Hi! I'm John Clifford, AKA Trihan. Composing is just one of the things I do as a video game developer, and I've never really made any of my work public so you've probably never heard of me from that angle (I'm better known as a scripter/coder).

I have no formal training or education in music theory: I compose by ear, and am generally a decent judge of what sounds good. I've been complimented on some of my pieces but I do not by any means think I'm an expert or professional. I just do this for fun, and when it stops being fun I won't do it any more. ^_^

Choice of audio software: Initially Noteworthy Composer, but as that only exports to midi I've been playing with LMMS and FL Studio. I am not very good with either of them.

Instruments I play: Keyboard, bagpipes, recorder.

My proudest accomplishment as a musician: Won 3rd place in the chanter competition at the Abernethy Highland Games way back sometime in the 90s.
Hey everyone! I'm Morgan, currently composing and producing music under my own name. I've never been part of a real video game project yet but that is definitely something I want to do, and I'll try my best to do so.

I guess the place to get started browsing some of my stuff would be SoundCloud, right there:

https://soundcloud.com/morgvemusic

I'm not sure I really have a style since I'm not following any particular guidelines with this project, but I definitely love electronic music, jazz, and metal.

My main DAW is Reason (8.2) but I also use Komplete once in a while, usually through Studio One.

I play the guitar, so please feel free to contact me if you need anything. The easiest way to contact me is by dropping me a PM on SoundCloud, I check it everyday.

Thanks!
Yo! My name is Tim Reichert, also known as Fulminis-ictus.
I've been a composer since 2009 now and I've been composing for over ten different projects of different genres since 2012.

Link to the best place to follow my work:
If you want to check out my work then you should take a look on my YouTube channel.
I'm not only uploading original compositions on my channel but also piano covers and synthesia tutorials of some pieces which I've transcribed by ear.
I also have a website if you want to read more about my work.

Contact information for commissions:
This is best done by either writing a PM or an E-Mail to "fulminisictus7@gmail.com"

Music genres and style influences of my work:
I can compose in quite a lot of styles. I've composed electro, jazz, traditional Japanese pieces, Arabic pieces and so on. I think this is quite necessary for a video game composer so I'm trying to try out many different styles.
I'll just copy the part about the musicians which influenced me most from my website because I'm lazy ^^
One of my favourite musicians and the one who influenced me the most is Joe Hisaishi. He composed and is still composing music for the films of Studio Ghibli, the movies of Takeshi Kitano and more.
Another composer who influenced me a lot is Jun'ya Ota, also known as ZUN. He's the developer of the Touhou games.
I listen to a lot of J-Rock and Metal, so it's natural that I get a lot of inspirations from these musical stiles. I also like some Metal Core Bands (especially Atreyu).
Many japanese pianists inspire and influence me. Some examples are Tempei Nakamura, Yurima and Marasy8 (YouTube name).

My choice of audio software:
I recently switched to Cubase after using FL Studio for quite some time. I'm also using Audacity to do some changes like normalizing or incorporating loop points in the OGGs.

Instruments I play:
I mainly play the piano and some brass instruments (my first one was a trombone with buttons, my second one was a tenorhorn and the one I'm playing right now is the euphonium). I can also play a little guitar and recorder I guess (I had to learn it in school ;_;).

My proudest accomplishments (yeah, I have more than one that I'm proud of ^^) as a musician:
Getting my first payment! :D
Joining the (German) RPG Maker VX Ace ReStaff Team.
Getting first place in the Symphony contest on the German RPG Maker VX Ace forum.

Well, that's about it. I'm looking forward to reading the introductions of the other musicians and hopefully I'll find some new great composers ^^
Hello, my darlings, you may call me Vanilla.
I am 16 years old and have been in the world of music for about 4 years or so. I still have little experience composing music, but I look forward to putting forth my best effort for this event!

Contact information:
You may PM me here if you have any questions. Keep in mind I am not an expert, but I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Music genres and style influences of my work:
I love a strong woodwind section. I don't know a lot of fancy lingo, so I'll cut this part short hehe. As far as interests, I'm into Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna, Grimes, Purity Ring, and RuPaul. When arranging music, I take inspiration from Nobuo Uemastu, who, if anyone doesn't know, is the composer for most of the Final Fantasy series' music.

My choice of audio software: Although I know how to use programs like FL Studio (the basics), I honestly prefer programs like Finale to write music.

Instruments I play: I started out on the clarinet, but now I am more proficient at the flute and/or piccolo.

My proudest accomplishment as a musician: Surviving band camp for all these years, contributing some arrangements to my school's marching band (although none have been officially accepted yet).
Hello. My name is Eric-Mickya Liwata (you can call me Eric); hobbyist composer from Helsinki Finland although I have constant tug-of-war whether to aim to be professional video game composer or not. In internet you can find me with names like ResidentEcruteak or eric156music. I don't have any musical background until I started composing music about year and half ago so I definately have a lot of things to learn from music.

Link to the best place to follow your work:
My youtube channel.

I'm currently more focused to practise the craft and not aiming to work for a game, but if you need music you can PM me and I see what I can do. I'm willing work for free in non-commercial projects.

Music genres and style influences of your work:
I can compose music similar to classical piano pieces or simple rock tunes most comfortably but I can do some other styles/instrumentations also and I'm constantly expanding my capabilities in various styles.

I'm most influenced by video game music from nintendo consoles from N64 onwards. My favorite composers are Junichi Masuda (Pokémon), Ippo Yamada (Megaman Zero/ZX) and Kenji Yamamoto (Metroid Prime) but I also enjoy from the works of Motoi Sakuraba and Koji Kondo. From the composers of classical music my favorite is Bach. These influences won't carry over to my music as often as I would like though...

Your choice of audio software:
Currently mostly free tools: Musescore for inputting the note data and LMMS to actually produce the sound. I also have FL studio but I don't use it too often; it's mainly reserved for commercial VST/libraries I plan to purchase in future that won't work well in LMMS.

Instruments you play:
Ocarina and keyboard - novice in both.

Your proudest accomplishment as a musician:
Nothing... except maybe listening video game music for nearly 20 years lol.
Great to see that here is composers in this community!

Artist names you are known by:
My name is Elias Luukkanen and I'm Finnish composer. I compose music both in traditional and modern way; I write notes and I make music with computer. Previously I have created music for games, commercials, videos and etc.

Link to the best places to follow your work:
My Website:
https://soundcloud.com/elias-luukkanen
http://www.eluukkanen.com/

Contact me at anytime if you have project where you should need music
My Website:
http://www.eluukkanen.com/

I listen/compose all kind of music, but I think that styles which have mostly influenced me:
Traditional Music, Celtic Music, Game Music, Classical music and Jazz

Sibelius, + Omnisphere (sometimes edit with Audacity)

Instruments you play:
Piano

-Full OST composed for "A Long Journey" (PC) and "Samurai Wars" (iOS) games
-50 tracks in SoundCloud
-Commercial music prodcasted in Finnish TV and radio station
I'm Ben Rittmann, AKA chenbaiwan.

https://soundcloud.com/ben-rittmann

I'm open to commissions, contact me over here or Soundcloud.

Philip Glass, Yoko Shimomura, Grant Kirkhope, and a lot of other SNES and N64 music.

Acoustica Mixcraft

Instruments you play:
Guitar (poorly)

Getting paid for music on a game project I was originally doing just the art for.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Sup I'm known by that benny guy or xxxZigZagxxx, or cashy hehehehehe

https://soundcloud.com/jamesirv
or
http://xxxzigzagxxx.newgrounds.com/
or
https://soundcloud.com/cashy-hehehehehe (expect a lot of crap posting here, like mashups of bruno mars and taylor swift)

Um, I don't know why you'd want to commission me, but just PM me here or on soundcloud or on Newgrounds or skype me (cashycat)

Too many. AG Cook, bo en, maxo, ryan hemsworth, Hudson Mohawke, Lunice, d'angelo, kendrick lamar, kanye west, just blaze, sinjin hawke, shlohmo, kero kero bonito, cashmere cat (obviously), lido, sam gellaitry, Cavalier, Guy Akimoto, Active Child, Chance the rapper, nate fox, the social experiment, Sufjan stevens, josh pan, Tennyson, lontalius, Lucas, RL Grime, Hot Sugar, rage logic, George & Jonathan, jay electronica are just some of very, very many.

FL Studio and Sylenth1 along with a whole bunch of inappropriate trap vocal samples and some of the default drums that come with FL, like the beautiful cowbell.

Instruments you play:
keys mostly. drums also, gat, bass (somewhat), and vocals (i like to think)

Making a song I like.
None.... as of yet..... though my name's Isaac please call me Calicer

Umm.... I've got some stuff on soundcloud but it's mainly just random stuff I came up with when I had nothing better to do....

I can't begin to imagine why anyone would do that but I guess you could PM me

Oriental music, classical music and some movie/anime soundtracks

Notion/Sibelius/Garage Band

Instruments you play:
Flute and piano, both decently but not amazing

Nothing really comes to mind.... I think I'll be pretty happy if I pass my 8th grade flute exam at the end of this year though
  • Artist names you are known by:
Salutations! I go by RollingFacade, because I came up with it on a whim and it wasn't too dumb.

• Link to the best place to follow your work:
The best place would be my Soundcloud for sure, though I have been getting into sfx.io.

• Contact information for commissions:
I can be e-mailed at drakeoneilshine45 (at) gmail (dot) com for commissions if desired.

• Music genres and style influences of your work:
My main genres would be orchestral, classical and neosynth-ish things. I'm always open to more things that aren't dubstep, jazz and hardstyle!
My main inspirations are Koichi Sugiyama, Aivi Tran, Surasshu, Yuka Tsujiyoko, Yoko Shimimura and Nobuo Uematsu.

• Your choice of audio software:
FL Studio and Studio One 3

• Instruments you play:
I play piano, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, a bit of flute, very very little violin and cello.

• Your proudest accomplishment as a musician:
The moment I realized I wasn't complete garbage anymore (in 2014)!
I'm known by a couple of names: JStewartMusic is primarily what I'm known as, but I'm also known as Jonnie91 on most of the forums.

There are two main places to find my work my Website and my Soundcloud

Best way of contacting me would be via commissions(at)jstewartmusic(dot)com

Most genre's of music, however my favorite to write in would be horror and fantasy. My influences are so vast and huge the list would be endless but they includes people like: Nobuo Uematsu, Jesper Kyd, Jeremy Soule...I'll just stop there for now!

Presonus Studio One 2

Instruments you play:
Piano, Electric/Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Harmonica, Ocarina...
Releasing the JSM Futuristic Resource Pack with Degica and having it posted on Steam as DLC. Greatest achievement of my musical career!
Plasterbrain, Ragtime/Miss Ragtime/Remilia Ragtime/ItsRagtime

Soundcloud for finished, public songs
Patreon ($2/month) for WIP soundtracks and commissions
Clyp for occasional short stuff
YouTube for everything else?

helo@plasterbrain.com

Touhou and Ghibli music were big influences for me when I first started. Genre ranges from electronic/pop to intimate orchestral

Mixcraft

Instruments you play:
Piano

Over 1M plays on Soundcloud on some dumb song I wrote & recorded in like an hour
Lyrahel or Toni Michael Sattler

https://www.youtube.com/user/ToniMichaelSattler

t.sattler87@googlemail.com

The golden SNES era! xD At least when I create some OSTs!

FL Studio

Instruments you play:
Guitar, e-guitar (duh :P), basic piano, my voice!

The main theme for my current game, but not the OST version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGf-o6dVwQ
Kasey Ozymy/Housekeeping

https://soundcloud.com/a-very-long-rope/
Also some stuff here: https://kaseyozymy.bandcamp.com/

No commissions--sorry! If you want to use any of my work from finished games, though, you can as long as you credit me. Don't use anything from unfinished games (i.e. Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass).

I listen to and incorporate a lot of different music, but I'd say my main influences are metal, new wave, funk, jazz, and 20th century "classical" music (mainly for borrowing techniques from time to time).

Reason. I used powertab/anvil studio for past midi compositions, but, yeah, now I pretty much just use Reason.

Instruments you play:
Guitar.

I don't know? I've just been happy with my growth as a composer over the past few years while working on my games.
Hello ! You can call me Ylmir. I am a french student in IT, but also a hobbyist composer during my spare time, for about 5 years now. I am a complete autodidact, and learned most of what I know through practicing - I know little to no music theory (sadly).

I'm interested in a lot of different genres, basically almost anything that could be used as a soundtrack, but mostly orchestral/folk music (sometimes hybrid).

I work using Reaper, with a lot of sound libraries. I also play the electric guitar and the piano, but I'm not particularly skilled - Basically just enough to record what I need to.

Sadly, since I don't have a lot of spare time anymore because of my studies, I'm not taking projects or requests anymore. But even if I won't be very active here, I planned to take part (if possible) to the Summoner Of Sounds challenges, and maybe the RMN Music Pack 2.

You can still find some of my work on Youtube or Newgrounds, but I'm not really releasing a lot of music anymore, lately.
Hey,
my name is Nico and besides my work I spend a lot of my time in composing or making music in general. I guess I don´t really stick to one genre and just do what comes to my mind, although it is very often soundtrack inspired. In short words I do stuff from waltz to dark experimental stuff :) My program of choice is definitely Ableton Live, because of the nice workflow. It also has it´s issues, but which one does not?

As instrumentalist I´m mainly a bassplayer (also upright bass) but I can play a bit of guitar, concertina and blues harp and a tiny bit of piano. So... if you are interested, here´s a lin to my soundcloud, which is a bit outdated I guess, because I was to lazy to update it lately:

https://soundcloud.com/zhthar

A bit of my newer stuff you can find in this newgrounds playlist I made:

http://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/0095dc4cce40132b7febb42f95ce7498

My biggest achievement I get always when someone actually likes what I do, especially when I did it for this person. Otherwise there are a few milestones but I won´t bore anybody by listing it :)

Hello everyone! My name is Fabian, also known as FirahFabe. I currently study music composition at a university. Here is a link listen to some of my works:
https://soundcloud.com/firahfabe

My contact info would be through email: firahfabe@gmail.com

The styles of my works include jazz, rock, world, classical, video game, and others that I cannot think of right now.

I use MuseScore for my notation, but I recently got Sibelius (still need to learn this one though), and FL studio for my DAW w/EWQL sounds.

The instruments I play are Piano, Bass Guitar, Kulintang, Octavina, Balinese Gamelan and currently learning Cello.

MY proudest accomplishment as a musician is to get my works performed live for the public to listen in person from my university.

Hi, I'm Larry.

I'm a pianist, guitarist, and percussionist by training. I've been writing songs for 10 years and I'm now looking to transition to writing music professionally. To that end, I'm looking to pick up some low budget/unpaid work to build up my portfolio. My "specialty" is atmospheric and moody ambient music, but I am capable of composing in a very wide range of styles. I also love blending different and sometimes disparate styles.

Here are some samples of my work: http://soundcloud.com/larrylpope

The best way to get in touch with me is by email: larrylpope@gmail.com

Looking forward to being tapped for some rad game projects.
Hello all,

As my username suggests, I'm Anorax, although if you like you can call me Aaron. I currently study percussion at my university in North Carolina, although I anticipate to begin working with the "commercial and electronic music" group at school.

My experience with composing is actually next to none; almost all of my previous work has been through OverClocked ReMix in some form or another as arrangement work rather than compositional work. However, I'm looking to take this opportunity to expand my horizons and work on my compositional skills here.

My DAW of choice is Acoustica's Mixcraft Pro Studio 7, occasionally accompanied by Kontakt libraries from Impact Soundworks. I'm certainly glad to see I'm not the only Mixcraft user here, as it seems everyone I know is using FL Studio or Ableton Live. :-)

For anyone interested, you can see a collection of my previous works at http://soundcloud.com/anoraxofficialmusic, or for the sillier and/or incomplete works you can visit my "workshop" soundcloud page here. Further contact information can also be found on my main soundcloud page, and you can always email me at anorax.official@gmail.com.
Pages: first 123 next last