[RMVX ACE] A QUICK QUESTION FOR MY HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA STYLE

Pages: 1
Hello RMN. I have been going over ideas for my Hyperdimension Neptunia style game and I've run into a bit of a problem. RPG Maker 2003 and RPG Maker VX Ace will be in the game as a little sister to 2000 and Ace respectively. However, I have no idea what to do with 95 and XP. Ace(and VX by association) has a lot of support from the developers. I have no idea what to about 95 and XP. They didn't get an update and 95' is so old. Add to the fact that 95' stayed in japan, so most of the information about the engine is long lost within its country of origin. Any ideas?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
what the hell are you talking about

what do you mean multiple engines will "be in the game"
He/she is planning to anthropomorphize the engines. They'll be the PCs.
For those of you who aren't familiar with Hyperdimension Neptunia. The series revolves around the Console War. All the video game systems are recreated as Goddess. I've been planning a game where I use this similar idea, but do it with the RPG Makers. I plan to have RPG Maker 95, 2000, XP, and VX as the main 4 makers.
Thanks for linking it. I had no idea how far it fell into the black hole known as internet message boards.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
RPG Maker 95 did get an unofficial English patch by Don Miguel, just like 2000 and 2003 did, for what it's worth. I made a game with it. I still have a working copy of the engine. I can answer questions about it if you have them. (It's a really bad game engine.)

You still haven't described what you mean by "what to do" with them. What do you want? Potential outfits and hair styles? Fighting game skills that represent iconic features and bugs from the engines? Just a decision on whether or not to include them?
Here's the thing, I have no idea what I want to do with them. I've torn between making one of the console Maker their little sister, to making some sort of super mode. One upon a time, I used 95'. I didn't do much since I discovered 2003 on the same sight a little later that day. I didn't use it for long, but I agree that it wasn't a good maker.
LockeZ
You keep saying "what I want to do with them" and you aren't explaining what that phrase means.
It because I really have no idea what it means. Ideas for this two characters are coming rather slowly and I haven't been able to find too much to set them apart as unique characters. I have basic thing outlined for each character, but it hasn't helped much. It also doesn't help that I just don't know all that much about 95
and XP. I'm really at a creative loss with these two.
LockeZ
Motherfucker, all I'm asking is whether you're asking about graphics, story, or gameplay. And you don't even know that?

So basically you made this thread but you don't know what phase of the game design process you're on, you don't know what you want to ask us, you don't know what it is you're wondering about, you don't know whether or not there are other things you don't know, and you don't know why you're concerned about not knowing that. Get your shit together macblo!
I'm sorry to put you through all the trouble. I should have gave you something to work with before I asked for help. Its just that this 95' and XP thing has been bothering me for a long time. Time to start brain storming again...
Pages: 1