THIS IS NOT AN ONION ARTICLE. SERIOUSLY CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.

Pages: first prev 123 last
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i dd for my friends because i can make sure they're safe and i don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks anyway. also because i... like to spend time with them... weird i know

edit: also dd gets free soda most places i've been
Hmm, yeah, don't really wanna get sucked into a Corfaisus argument so I'll reply to Craze instead.

I can only speak from my experience. I had a healthy supportive childhood, so I already had a structured life. It sounds like your kids didn't and sort of.. romanticized drug use like some kids do with gangs and violence. If that gets into them too early they will end up like the kids you work with. They probably think that just talking about drugs is cool, the culture is cool. I think everyone can agree that drugs+kids=bad and you have direct proof of why that is.

One thing I will say in regards to
Not to mention the fact that, once this kind of thing starts, it falls on the rest of us to keep them from hurting themselves/others, which is a pretty shitty and selfish thing to do.
This isn't limited to drugs/alchohol. There are plenty of things people do that end up with the same result. I recall a recent discussion about suicide and it's level of selfishness. People are ruining the planet and it falls on the rest of us. It's human nature. Pick your poison.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Link_2112
suicide

Inside influence vs. outside influence

It's not that hard to understand.

EDIT: Wow, this was sexy as fuck. I can totally see why all you stoners would want to get your hands on some of this shit.

I've seen the light and it is hazy. These are my people. Cancer, take me now.

No seriously, do your worst; I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
author=Corfaisus
author=drenrin2120
Broad generalizations, that's how I win arguments.

Corf, if you want to be bitter and look down on people to make yourself feel better, you are more than entitled to do so as you please. It is certainly one way to go through life.
I haven't done that shit since I was a teenager. Nobody does that shit unless they've got some serious developmental problems. Nowadays I'm just genuinely upset that people decide to throw their money and health into this pit. Not to mention the fact that, once this kind of thing starts, it falls on the rest of us to keep them from hurting themselves/others, which is a pretty shitty and selfish thing to do.

"I want to drink, so you're going to be my designated driver."
"I've got my own life to live; I'm not going to drive you."
"Fine, then I'll just do it myself and kill someone."
*grabs keys and trashes evening plans*

Because everyone who drinks is incapable of having only one... and nobody takes a cab or walks to bars to avoid driving or being a burden on other people... ever... Spot on.

And I'd be more inclined to agree with you that alcohol is a dangerous drug. It kills far more people than weed. They're not even comparable. I just think your perspective is seriously misinformed and skewed. Any friend who puts you into an ultimatum/guilt trip as the one you hypothesized probably does other shit that makes them a terrible and non-empathetic human being as well as a reckless drunk. But you can continue to cherry pick hypothetical situations and ask me to prove negatives, if you really want to. It only further makes you look silly and invalidates your own arguments.

Fundamentally, this argument comes down to what you believe addiction actually is. Chemical? Or more socioeconomic? My position is that while substances have properties that manifest physically as what we know and see as "addiciton". (Example: withdrawal/hangover) there has to be some other mental or emotional state of mind or outside influence that pushes a person to continue to use their drug of choice past the point of reason and in turn harm themselves against their own best interests. And you can decide how that makes you feel, how those people should be treated, that's another argument entirely. The point is, it's not as simple as doing a drug once or too much and getting hooked. Mentally stable people don't become addicts for a reason. So your assertion that, across the board, all people who drink or smoke weed are infantile, stupid, or a waste on society, is not only ignorant and offensive, it's straight up false.
Coraisus is actually saying retarded things now so he's not worth really responding to anymore.
Now that we've sufficiently derailed this thread with our moral relativism...
Fluffy, no! For the love of God! Not you!

author=Feldschlacht IV
Coraisus is actually saying retarded things now so he's not worth really responding to anymore.

Try to stay away from that kind of language if you please. We have people on the site who have mental conditions and using words like that can be insulting and degrading towards them. Insult ideas, not people, and be careful with the insults you use for the love of fuck.
Fair enough, and I apologize. How about this; Corfaisus is being really, really dumb, or at least, his ideas about this are.
Fair enough. ^.^
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
REALLY dumb.

By Corf's logic, because I drink a beer every couple of weeks, I'm a fucking alcoholic bum.
I drink a beer or two or six every other day. I guess I'm a scumfuck drain on 'society'.
author=pianotm
REALLYdumb.

By Corf's logic, because I drink a beer every couple of weeks, I'm a fucking alcoholic bum.
author=drenrin2120
I drink a beer a two or six every other day. I guess I'm a scumfuck drain on 'society'.

Pssh. If this is true, me and my room mate must be able to combine and form the Antichrist.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
at least the antichrist will have a rocking beard

the antichrist is gonna be gay right? because gays are sinners? i call antichrist for boyfriend. help me plan my wedding, guys
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Serve devil's food cake, release bats instead of doves, have guests throw nettles at you as you go down the aisle, add multi-colored demon fire for ambiance instead of flowers.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I got all y'all beat! I read forbidden ancient manuscripts, practice magick, and channel demons and spirits.
Grow that stuff indoors. Indoor's better shit anyway trololol. Hemp is very beneficial but we can't have stoned animals lazing around. Wolves and foxes listening to Phish and Floyd with the rabbits and deer instead of eating them. Until their sick of one mooching off the others stash cause they're too stoned and lazy to find their own stash.

Seriously though, I agree that growing it in large quantities outdoors could have some negative repercussions. Supervise that stuff if it's insisted on being grown outdoors. I still say just grow it indoors or in giant greenhouses though.

Everyone reacts differently to it though. I know some people don't like it, I know some people that like it too much, etc etc... I know some people who smoke a bowl and stare at the TV not wanting to move, my boyfriend and I smoke a bowl and he writes a song or works his video game and I cook an awesome meal and clean our apartment or do anything other than sit still lol. I have a friend who was insanely short-tempered and was prone to freak outs, he stopped smoking weed and suddenly became a well adjusted and calm person.

It's not for everyone, and anyone who is into it should adhere to moderation. Too much of anything is never good.
Pages: first prev 123 last