MOTIVATIONAL ISSUES!

Pages: 1
Feel like working on a game again. But can't settle down on which one. Have bunch of ideas, but none of them seem interesting enough to work with although some of them were interesting enough in the past but I did not have time to work on them then.

Keep on jumping from different ideas and testing out single map events to try to work out how to achieve the core mechanics for each idea.

Should I settle down on a single idea and given it my all and try to make a game or least a prototype out of it or should I just keep on jumping around till one naturally gets me motivated enough?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I recommend you take a step back from the engine for a day or two. Instead, open up a Word document for each idea and just write. Don't develop the ideas, just write. Write until you get everything down that you have in your head.

As you've figured out by now, you'll never be able to focus on just one project so long as you're bouncing between different ideas. It's best to try and get them out of your head and onto a document so you don't have to worry about forgetting them. After you do this, then you can decide which ideas are worth pursuing first. Who knows? Once an idea gets out of your head, it may not look as good as you think it does, or maybe it looks even better on paper!

Hope that helps!

EDIT: This probably isn't appropriate to your situation, but Artbane wrote a very interesting article about how to get out of a creative rut. It might be worth your time to read it.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Combine all your ideas together.
Pages: 1